Options

OFFICIAL Columbus pre-show party information!

Comments

• Options
    kypjfan22kypjfan22 Posts: 8
    Do you guys think there'll be tickets available on the street for a decent price if I hold out til showtime? I've already got my 10C tix for Friday night in Indy, and have to be in C-bus on business Thurs night. Staying at the Hampton not far from the arena, so going to try to get into the arena without paying an arm & leg.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    kypjfan22 wrote:
    Do you guys think there'll be tickets available on the street for a decent price if I hold out til showtime? I've already got my 10C tix for Friday night in Indy, and have to be in C-bus on business Thurs night. Staying at the Hampton not far from the arena, so going to try to get into the arena without paying an arm & leg.

yes :thumbup:
    come to the pre-party.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Donations for raffle needed!.... PM Lost in Ohio :D

See you all at the Garage!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    imalive is bringing a copy of Touch Me I'm Sick, featuring old pictures of Ed, Green River, Nirvana, Mudhoney, etc.

This is for the auction/raffle. I'm smelling auction for this one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    True... I guess I was blowing off steam. D'oh! Something tells me that the cantina will be named a cantina, but it won't be too authentic. That whole strip is typically the whole "see and be seen" crowd. And yes, several of the bars do have dress codes. Ick.

Someone had an idea, and you can do this or not, i'm just throwing it out and changing it up a little bit. Go to the other party, win the tickets, and then take them to Garage Bar and sell either those, or yours, and give the money to the cause.

Good idea.

They will also be giving away the entire PJ catalog at the CD101 party, I'm sure no one on this board would need that :lol:
  • Options
    True... I guess I was blowing off steam. D'oh! Something tells me that the cantina will be named a cantina, but it won't be too authentic. That whole strip is typically the whole "see and be seen" crowd. And yes, several of the bars do have dress codes. Ick.

Someone had an idea, and you can do this or not, i'm just throwing it out and changing it up a little bit. Go to the other party, win the tickets, and then take them to Garage Bar and sell either those, or yours, and give the money to the cause.

Good idea.

They will also be giving away the entire PJ catalog at the CD101 party, I'm sure no one on this board would need that :lol:

I wonder if CD...*get it* CD101 will give away the vinyl?

FWIW, I have all holiday singles EXCEPT for 1991, 1992, and 2001. I also have Backspacer and the white single (Fixer/Supersonic( on vinyl, as well as the Super Deluxe. I realize I overpaid for the Backspacer and 7" as I had to pay shipping, but it was well worth it. I bought them through 10 Club and they didn't come with any price stickers on them. I noticed the single at target had a price sticker on it.

Real Pearl Jam fans know that the vinyl is what matters. Any jabrone can get the Benaroyal Hall CD at their local music store. (Which, unfortunately, I bought and totally skimped on the vinyl, but I was clueless back then.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805

Good idea.

I wonder if CD...*get it* CD101 will give away the vinyl?

FWIW, I have all holiday singles EXCEPT for 1991, 1992, and 2001. I also have Backspacer and the white single (Fixer/Supersonic( on vinyl, as well as the Super Deluxe. I realize I overpaid for the Backspacer and 7" as I had to pay shipping, but it was well worth it. I bought them through 10 Club and they didn't come with any price stickers on them. I noticed the single at target had a price sticker on it.

Real Pearl Jam fans know that the vinyl is what matters. Any jabrone can get the Benaroyal Hall CD at their local music store. (Which, unfortunately, I bought and totally skimped on the vinyl, but I was clueless back then.)
    Qfm NEVER pays PJ , but they'll be there with their van and tent. Find it kinda laughable. JUST today I heard a commercial for the show. They also did they "beat the box office " deal. Wanna call in or stop by the tent and ask if they'll ever play the boys.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    If they do play Pearl Jam, it'll be very rare and probably be Alive or Jeremy...you know, the hits that are "raped on radio" as Ed said before playing footsteps in 2003.

I guess we won't get any of the below songs, if they stay true to their idea of trying not to "repeat songs" in the same city, although we did get Daughter in 2000 and 2003, which kind of sucks, because I suppose it lessens the chances of an "it's ok" tag.

Speaking of which, that setlist wasn't bad. Ghost has only been played 15-20 times to date, we got a huge-ass tag at the end of wishlist. I do feel like YL was not on the original setlist, and anyone who was there remembers the "only curfews can keep us down" line during Fuckin' Up. They did leave the stage for a few minutes as well.

We didn't get any real good tags (IMO) after YL, but they were running late AND for me to go 1 for 1 on YL is great.

http://fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t2003p3.shtml

06/24/03 - Germain Amphitheater: Columbus, OH
    support act: Buzzcocks
    set: Can't Keep, Daughter, 1/2 Full, Go, Save You, Ghost, Better Man, Grievance, Evacuation, Even Flow, In Hiding, Cropduster, Corduroy, Elderly Woman, Red Mosquito, improv, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Given To Fly, Wishlist, Not For You/(Start Me Up), Footsteps, Do The Evolution, Jeremy
    enc 2: Fuckin' Up
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter
    notes: Ed thanks the people in the back after 'Elderly Woman' and makes a quip about the 17-year locusts. He mentions a request for Mike, leading to a bit bit of Zep riffing ('Nobody's Fault But Mine') between Matt and Mike before 'Red Mosquito.' Ed talks about being ready to do the song if he "... can just shift himself" (Robert Plant reference). The improv is about Ohio and "Me oh my oh, lost in Ohio ... I'm in Ohio high oh ... just making my way through Ohio where the sky is and the roads are long ... went back to Ohio and my city was gone" (nod to Pretenders). At the start of the encore, Ed thanks the Buzzcocks and talks about watching a video where a band was pretending to be a punk band and he thanks the "real thing," the Buzzcocks. "Buzzcocks were opening for the Sex Pistols before I was fondling my first erection," and he talks of how he met them a long time ago when he was a crew guy carrying their gear. "You never know how things will turn out." 'Wishlist' has an extended instrumental ending with additional lyrics:"I wish I was this, I wish I was that; I wish I could do this, I wish I could do that ... they don't care about you, they don't care about me; they just care about money money money money money ... there ain't no love in Washington DC anymore, but there's love here, in your houses and your homes ... when you're singing alone ... use it like a weapon, a weapon of mass construction." This leads to a 'Not For You' intro: "... so it's not for you, its for them." Ed tags a little of "Start Me Up" in the middle, asking for a little background ("if you start me up, I'll never stop ... you make a dead man cum"). Ed says, "Threw in a a song by the Folksmen, there ..." (joking about the Spinal Tap spin off band known for performing a sanitized, folk version of the Rolling Stones' 'Start Me Up'). "Don't know if you recognized it. Don't know if you'll understand this next one, too. It goes early early early as we go ... certainly not one raped on the radio or anything," leading to Footsteps. During 'DTE,' "I am the first man to act like Elvis" as he is wearing the crazy Elvis sunglasses. Ed introduces the band and says they will be doing a song written by Mr. Neil Young, adding "This is George W's favorite song, leading to 'Fuckin' Up.' They return for a surprising third encore with Ed noting, "You can thank Mr. Stone Gossard for this one," and they close with 'YL.'
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhhh!

I FORGOT TO POST YESTERDAY'S PHOTO!

TWO!

Act_mookie_blaylock.jpg

post_mookie0220.gif

Two names for one band.

And we're only members of the Ten Club because it was Mookie's number. (Maybe it's a good thing he didn't have a big 69 on his jersey.)
  • Options
    I just heard from the guy who runs Garage Bar. He is gearing up for a big day and "wants to be staffed accordingly." We told him to expect 100-300 people, which sounds about fair. He said he'll be ready.
  • Options
    I just heard from the guy who runs Garage Bar. He is gearing up for a big day and "wants to be staffed accordingly." We told him to expect 100-300 people, which sounds about fair. He said he'll be ready.
    Smart man. That place used to be "blues station"? correct? Nice lttle joint. WITH the patio. Expect we''ll be out there?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
    Is Garage Bar the old Lodge Bar? Looks to be the same location... Thanks.
  • Options
    Next to lodge bar
  • Options
    pbultimate wrote:
    Is Garage Bar the old Lodge Bar? Looks to be the same location... Thanks.
    Old Blues Station location.

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I will be donating this:

3963068900_a37ae841aa.jpg

Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I will be donating this:

3963068900_a37ae841aa.jpg

Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
    display rack? cool. see ya there!!!

• Options
    TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'll be there late but I can't wait. ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you know what this show needs? an OH IO chant. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    mickeyrat wrote:
    TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I'll be there late but I can't wait. ;)

just pray that 94 doesn't back up. i've got my fingers crossed that 80 doesn't cluster on me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

just pray that 94 doesn't back up. i've got my fingers crossed that 80 doesn't cluster on me

and I'm hoping another volcano doesn't blow up somewhere! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

where are you coming in from
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

where are you coming in from

LV, NV

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Another item just announced!

Poster from the indianapolis show in 2003

The guy bringing it won't get to Garage Bar until 4 PM or so. We'll either start his auction with everything else, or just start it later... we'll all figure this out as we go along.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Smart man. That place used to be "blues station"? correct? Nice lttle joint. WITH the patio. Expect we''ll be out there?

Party weather:

The temps are supposed to be in the upper 60's with 0% chance of rain, so i'd imagine the patio will be a great place to be. Ohio does have an indoor smoking ban, so smokers will have to do so out on the patio. As for smoking at the concert, there is some sort of designated outdoor smoking area, but I don't know much about it. I'd imagine that any arena employee could direct smokers to the designated location.

I would heavily advise taking a ticket with you to the arena's smoking area.

Mid 50's with 0% chance of rain after the show.
  • Options
    from weather.com:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/43085

Highs: today 82; thurs 72, fri 83, sat 56 :wtf:

WTF?????? oh, yeah.............it's ohio! :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'll be at this show plus 1. Just to make sure I am on the same page, unless I have Pearl Jam schwag (or something else to contribute) I only need to bring my wallet, correct? Be leaving the A-T-L hauling ass to C-Bus at 7am. WHOOOOOHHOOOOOOO
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    See everyone tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I'll be at this show plus 1. Just to make sure I am on the same page, unless I have Pearl Jam schwag (or something else to contribute) I only need to bring my wallet, correct? Be leaving the A-T-L hauling ass to C-Bus at 7am. WHOOOOOHHOOOOOOO

they won't let you into the preparty without your official 10c membership card.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg