Options

OFFICIAL Columbus pre-show party information!

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

I'm guessing this means that Pearl Jam should take the stage around 9 PM?

last year, they were getting on between 8:45 and 9
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    Good point on the 7 discs... However, and i'm sure this is unintentional, each thing i've done so far has been released on vinyl.

Until today.

My "creative genius" comes up with...

6pkbYuenglingLager12oz.jpg

A six pack of Pennsylvania's Yuengling inside Matt Lukin's fridge!

Philly boots... Lukin...what could be better?
    Yeah. You can have mine!!!! hehe Got Soda? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    81 wrote:

Even better... i'm sure there's about 20 minutes or so between bands. To be honest, I haven't seen them since 2003, and then, I was so wrapped up in the whole atmosphere, I didn't really care about times, etc. I was there when they said, and that's it. :p

jones-soda.jpg

Six pack of Jones. Jones, for those of you who don't know, is made in Seattle. I believe the Seahawks are the only NFL team to not serve either Pepsi or Coke at their stadium. They serve Jones. :p
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i typically get there fairly early, check out the booths, then find me seat and relax and enjoy my surrondings.

last year the opener went on pretty much at 7.30 and would pay for about 45 minutes. than it took about 30 minutes or so for set change.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Even better... i'm sure there's about 20 minutes or so between bands. To be honest, I haven't seen them since 2003, and then, I was so wrapped up in the whole atmosphere, I didn't really care about times, etc. I was there when they said, and that's it. :p

jones-soda.jpg

Six pack of Jones. Jones, for those of you who don't know, is made in Seattle. I believe the Seahawks are the only NFL team to not serve either Pepsi or Coke at their stadium. They serve Jones. :p
    This I can handle!! Hehehe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    In +1. Thanks for arranging this. We poor Atlanta boys were just going to go to Thurmond Cafe and drink our Sweetwater 420 in parking lot. This is awesome!
  • Options
    You should still go to Thurmond's, for good food. :lol:
  • Options
    Come to Garage Bar as well, at least for 1-2 drinks and to help a good cause!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Come to Garage Bar as well, at least for 1-2 drinks and to help a good cause!

That it will!

Flier to be sent out tomorrow! :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    Hey i just live up the road in Clintonville. Iam going to ride my bike,there with girl freind and neighbor

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    One, two, three, four, five against one
    Five, five, against one
    Said one, two, three, four, five against one
    Five, five...five, five...five against one

• Options
    celbcelb Posts: 4
    Count me in!!
    The new wife and i are coming from Australia. Say hi if you see me. I'll be wearing the Adelaide 17 T shirt from the last Aussie tour. Cant wait to see how they rock in the USA.
  • Options
    I see my idea for five was stolen!

I would have posted it earlier, but "Chicago Cab" was calling me to watch it on the DVR.

animal_aus2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm trading stories with the leaves instead, yeah

Se if you guys can figure this out!!!! :mrgreen:

• Options
    ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    I'm stoked. Me and my buddy Tom will be by before znd after the show um sure
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Options
    Your photo for four?

pearl-jam.jpg

I see four guitarists! (For the purposes of this photo, Jeff plays bass guitar, even though some may argue that a bass is not a "guitar" in the true sense.)
  • Options
    Your photo for four?

pearl-jam.jpg

I see four guitarists! (For the purposes of this photo, Jeff plays bass guitar, even though some may argue that a bass is not a "guitar" in the true sense.)
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm trading stories with the leaves instead, yeah

Se if you guys can figure this out!!!! :mrgreen:

Ok, mine was 4th album=no code :mrgreen: 4th song =In my Tree , 4th line in the song?

• Options
    Yeah, but it has to be a photo.
  • Options
    Alright. Either I learn how to post that stuff or I feed you a couple ideas. :mrgreen: Pm's cool with you? :lol:

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Alright. Either I learn how to post that stuff or I feed you a couple ideas. :mrgreen: Pm's cool with you? :lol:

I have a few ideas.

The one for 3 is really cool, although 3 should be on Monday.

3 = monday
    2 = tuesday
    1 = weds

But someone messed it up originally.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

I have a few ideas.

The one for 3 is really cool, although 3 should be on Monday.

3 = monday
    2 = tuesday
    1 = weds

But someone messed it up originally.
    Today doesnt count. Neither does show day.
    The logic is this. Today doesnt count because second by second it's slipping away. The days in between now and showday are intact. hence , as of today there are 3 whole days to the showday.

• Options
    I think it depends how you look at it. http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html

That site says there are 3 days until the very end of wednesday, but 4 days until 7:00 PM Thursday, since 7 PM Sunday hasn't occured yet...but whatever

Here's the picture for three:
    PJTenBox_33_resize_thumb1.jpg

(Yes, that says "For Stone & Jeff" on it.)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    there's competition:

http://newcantina.publishpath.com/Defau ... tcut=cd101

....but I'll be at Lost in Ohio's "official" pre-party :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    that might be a pre party, but it's not the 10c pre party.

go lost in ohio.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Point number 1: They're not 10-club endorsed. Well, neither are we, but we rock more.
    2: They're not Wishlist-endorsed. We are
    3: They're a snobby bar, one of those "hottest DJ! Hottest people! See and be seen!" bullshit places.
    4: It's terrestrial radio. Fuck that shit. Now, time for 35 minutes of music...AFTER THEEEEESSSSSSE WORDS!
    5: They claim to be a "cantina," but what the hell "cantina" has red bull, tonic, vodka, and jager on their "claim to fame" list. There are way better, and AUTHENTIC cantinas in Columbus.
    6: The guy in charge of this is a "bar whore" who runs a shitload of bars in the area, but not the one that we're going to.
    7: He has dress codes at many of his bars. The dress code can include things like no hats, pants must be worn, polo shorts, hats must be straight forward or back, pants must be pulled up all the way, no jerseys (except if OSU or the Blue Jackets have a home game that night..then you can wear the jersey.) Whatever..i'm trying to drink, not do this "see and be seen by the hottest people" bullshit.

TWITTER INFO! Copy and paste into Twitter!
    Pearl Jam pre-show party at Garage Bar (147 Vine Street) on Thursday from 2 PM to 6 PM. All ages, no ticket needed! http://ow.ly/1GlFL
  • Options
    In fairness...

1. That bar hasn't even OPENED yet, so you cant judge it (unless you are judging by bad previous experiences from the owner's other bars)

2. CD101 may not be perfect, but it is independently owned radio, that actually plays Pearl Jam (and not just alive and even flow like some stations)

No reason to trash their party
  • Options
    legates54legates54 Posts: 72
    In fairness...

1. That bar hasn't even OPENED yet, so you cant judge it (unless you are judging by bad previous experiences from the owner's other bars)

2. CD101 may not be perfect, but it is independently owned radio, that actually plays Pearl Jam (and not just alive and even flow like some stations)

I must agree with Lost In Ohio. The money here is for the Wishlist Foundation. Gotta help support the cause.
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Point number 1: They're not 10-club endorsed. Well, neither are we, but we rock more.
    2: They're not Wishlist-endorsed. We are
    3: They're a snobby bar, one of those "hottest DJ! Hottest people! See and be seen!" bullshit places.
    4: It's terrestrial radio. Fuck that shit. Now, time for 35 minutes of music...AFTER THEEEEESSSSSSE WORDS!
    5: They claim to be a "cantina," but what the hell "cantina" has red bull, tonic, vodka, and jager on their "claim to fame" list. There are way better, and AUTHENTIC cantinas in Columbus.
    6: The guy in charge of this is a "bar whore" who runs a shitload of bars in the area, but not the one that we're going to.
    7: He has dress codes at many of his bars. The dress code can include things like no hats, pants must be worn, polo shorts, hats must be straight forward or back, pants must be pulled up all the way, no jerseys (except if OSU or the Blue Jackets have a home game that night..then you can wear the jersey.) Whatever..i'm trying to drink, not do this "see and be seen by the hottest people" bullshit.

TWITTER INFO! Copy and paste into Twitter!
    Pearl Jam pre-show party at Garage Bar (147 Vine Street) on Thursday from 2 PM to 6 PM. All ages, no ticket needed! http://ow.ly/1GlFL

there was never a doubt about which function to attend :mrgreen: . I shouldn't have even posted that shit. A buddy in Columbus sent it to me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    legates54 wrote:
    In fairness...

I must agree with Lost In Ohio. The money here is for the Wishlist Foundation. Gotta help support the cause.

I also agree with that. Which is why I am attending, dragging my friends along, and donating.

However, that was NOT the way to dissuade people from going to the CD101 party, IMO.
  • Options
    True... I guess I was blowing off steam. D'oh! Something tells me that the cantina will be named a cantina, but it won't be too authentic. That whole strip is typically the whole "see and be seen" crowd. And yes, several of the bars do have dress codes. Ick.

Someone had an idea, and you can do this or not, i'm just throwing it out and changing it up a little bit. Go to the other party, win the tickets, and then take them to Garage Bar and sell either those, or yours, and give the money to the cause.