Nightmare Set List

1235»

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    SET: wash/outta my mind/breath/sweet lew/strangest tribe/hold on/brother/red mosquito/unknown thought/bugs/satans bed/leash/who you are/rival/sleight of hand/go/why go/porch

encore1: tremor christ/smile/dirty frank/all those yesterdays/even flow/santans bed

encore 2: dont gimme no lip/habit/spin the black circle/ alive
    I tried to understand how this is a "nightmare" set and my brain exploded.
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    I have often thougt about starting this post but never had the guts :oops:
    My "nightmare" setlist:
    Long Road
    Save You
    Why Go
    All Night ( with some guests singers )( I would go get Beers)
    Corduroy
    Faithfull
    Eldery Woman....
    Down ( 2nd or 3rd beer )
    Unemployable
    Given to fly
    Who U are
    Whipping
    1/2 FULL ( i´m almost full 4th and 5th beer)
    Evenflow
    present tense
    daughter
    Do the evo
    Encore break ( finally go get beer and take a p... )
    The obesevant fan would now see that, besides long road this is yhe exact 1st Encore from MSG1 08 and i´m sorry but I know they can do better ( they still rocked the house :D )
    No More ( please don´t play that song again for a long time )
    Porch
    crazy Mary ( long Organ solo :evil: )
    leatherman
    Marker in the sand
    Last kiss
    big wave
    I belive in miracles
    WWS
    I´m open
    mankind
    Encore ( i´m now pretty drunk and know the bartender by name even his kids names )
    black Diamond ( stop singing Matt )
    Fuckin Up
    Keep on rocking
    and finally .....a showkiller
    Indifference ( great song but not an "ending" song )

this was actually a little fun and scary that a lot of these songs were played i MSG last time :shock:
    I know a lot of people now will see me hang from my gobetweens or something like that but come on it is just for fun ( maybe the band reads it and will do some changes )
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    vest71 wrote:
    ( maybe the band reads it and will do some changes )
    Oh geez, let's hope not.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,940
    Spencer wrote:
    SET: wash/outta my mind/breath/sweet lew/strangest tribe/hold on/brother/red mosquito/unknown thought/bugs/satans bed/leash/who you are/rival/sleight of hand/go/why go/porch

encore1: tremor christ/smile/dirty frank/all those yesterdays/even flow/santans bed

this is a pretty excellent thread and this ^^^^ is why. one man's (or woman's) trash is another's treasure!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Spencer wrote:
    vest71 wrote:
    ( maybe the band reads it and will do some changes )
    Oh geez, let's hope not.
    ditto.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Man... these set lists are great... I can imagine a night I'd ever call most of these 'nightmares'

You know what I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQSwMCHJNU :lol:;)
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891

Wow, they play Satan's Bed twice! I didn't know songs could be used more than once! :P
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Spencer wrote:
    Evacuation may be my all-time favourite Pearl Jam song, so any setlist with it in there is automatically skyrocketed to awesomeness (does that make sense? I'm a little drunk.)

I love pretty much all of Matt's songs, I'd take anything he's written over middle-of-the-road snoozefests like Amongst the Waves or Inside Job. At least Matt's tunes are never boring, always inventive and interesting.

Take a look at the "5 least favorite" thread. It's a Matt-bashing fest. I don't know how anyone could rate "In The Moonlight" or "Evacuation" or "Cropduster" amongst the absolute WORST, with all the cheesy boring crap that permeates the PJ catalog. It boggles the mind.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Spencer wrote:

Me too! Tremor Christ? ATY? Satan's Bed? :o Can't believe anyone wouldn't want to hear those little beauties live.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    This is just for FUN... but I see a lot of posts on here about "dream set lists." So I thought, what would my "nightmare" set list look like? I thought about it and put one together. Some of these songs I actually wouldn't mind hearing again (Help Help is so much better live), I just tried to pick out the songs I am least into, or lowest quality, musically/noisy, to me (i.e. Habit), or songs that we've all heard a million times, or string together to make a boring few songs in a row. I'm sure someone will like this set list, and that's cool. It's just MY nightmare set list that I could think of on a whim. Notice it is short, ha!

So, what would YOUR nightmare set list look like?

Main set:
    gonna see my friends, bleed for me, unthought known, army reserve, dissident, help help, pilate, elderly woman, even flow, sleight of hand, gone, you are, habit, supersonic, the fixer

Encore 1
    the end with string quartet, lukin with string quartet, black, last kiss, better man, alive

Encore 2
    "And now we're gonna bring out some old friends to finish out our last encore... so for all 3 songs, please say hello to Sleater Kinney!"
    hunger strike, leavin' here, rockin' in the free world all with Sleater Kinney

:D
    What the eff????? no EVENFLOW or Unthought Known or Pilate or....BLACK???? :shock: :? alright alright my nightmare setlist would be anything that might include Sleater Kinney AT ALL!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926

Two Satan's Bed?!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16