Nightmare Set List

High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 Posts: 4,435
edited April 2010 in The Porch
This is just for FUN... but I see a lot of posts on here about "dream set lists." So I thought, what would my "nightmare" set list look like? I thought about it and put one together. Some of these songs I actually wouldn't mind hearing again (Help Help is so much better live), I just tried to pick out the songs I am least into, or lowest quality, musically/noisy, to me (i.e. Habit), or songs that we've all heard a million times, or string together to make a boring few songs in a row. I'm sure someone will like this set list, and that's cool. It's just MY nightmare set list that I could think of on a whim. Notice it is short, ha!

So, what would YOUR nightmare set list look like?

Main set:
gonna see my friends, bleed for me, unthought known, army reserve, dissident, help help, pilate, elderly woman, even flow, sleight of hand, gone, you are, habit, supersonic, the fixer

Encore 1
the end with string quartet, lukin with string quartet, black, last kiss, better man, alive

Encore 2
"And now we're gonna bring out some old friends to finish out our last encore... so for all 3 songs, please say hello to Sleater Kinney!"
hunger strike, leavin' here, rockin' in the free world all with Sleater Kinney

:D
ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Why does everyone hate Gone? Thats one of my favs....no love for it
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    edited April 2010
    You probably should take army reserve off there also
    Post edited by GratefulJam on
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    lol that is funny. You nailed every one of the songs I would have named. Dissedent is a show killer.
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I think Sleight of Hand is genius. Awesome live too.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    jambayleaf wrote:
    I think Sleight of Hand is genius. Awesome live too.
    Agreed. And since is has become fairly rare, I love when they play it.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    unthought known, army reserve, even flow, sleight of hand,.black,gone, better man, alive...this is heaven,not nightmare..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'd take off Gonna See My Friend, Habit, Army Reserve, Unthought Known and Pilate. The rest I agree with (for the most part).
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    edited April 2010
    Main set:
    gonna see my friends, bleed for me, unthought known, army reserve, dissident, help help, pilate, elderly woman, even flow, sleight of hand, gone, you are, habit, supersonic, the fixer

Encore 1
    the end with string quartet, lukin with string quartet, black, last kiss, better man, alive

Encore 2
    "And now we're gonna bring out some old friends to finish out our last encore... so for all 3 songs, please say hello to Sleater Kinney!"

:D[/quote]
    I know you are joking around but Black, Alive, Elderly Woman, and Betterman? They make the show and get the crowd into it... I hope they continue with these tunes for every show I go too.
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    And that 2nd encore part is no joke. I have had nightmares of being strapped into a chair and listening to Fortunate Son, Hunger Strike and RITFW with S/K. :lol:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    lukin with string quartet
    yeah, I'm not a fan of this either - hope they go back to how it's supposed to be played on this tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    This is just for FUN... but I see a lot of posts on here about "dream set lists." So I thought, what would my "nightmare" set list look like? I thought about it and put one together. Some of these songs I actually wouldn't mind hearing again (Help Help is so much better live), I just tried to pick out the songs I am least into, or lowest quality, musically/noisy, to me (i.e. Habit), or songs that we've all heard a million times, or string together to make a boring few songs in a row. I'm sure someone will like this set list, and that's cool. It's just MY nightmare set list that I could think of on a whim. Notice it is short, ha!

So, what would YOUR nightmare set list look like?

Main set:

Encore 1

Encore 2

:D

I have gone right ahead and bolded all the songs you have no idea what you're talking about...And also made bigger the songs you really really really have no idea what you're talking about...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited April 2010
    awesome thread.

mainset:

God's Dice, Get Right, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Last Kiss, Nothing As it Seems, Not for You, Help Help, W.M.A, I'm Open, All Night, Hitchhiker, Bushleaguer, Gremmie out of Control, All or None, Don't Gimme no Lip

encore:

Mankind, Soon Forget, Thumbing My Way, Wash, Get Right

encore2:

Sweet Lew, Wish List, No More, Yellow Ledbetter
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    I couldnt really get to a full set - some of these I threw in just to try to get it around that 26-27 song mark. I also tried not to pick many songs that are never played... it was hard to do, but here's my 5 minute shot at it:

main set: supersonic,get right,nothing as it seems,even flow,unemployable,elderly woman,i am mine,daughter,off he goes,wishlist,WMA,sleight of hand,jeremy,black,comatose

enc 1: no more,bee girl,inside job,sleight of hand,betterman,

enc 2: the end,last kiss,speed of sound,crazy mary,alive
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    lol that is funny. You nailed every one of the songs I would have named. Dissedent is a show killer.

Thank you! :) I should say, these songs are all ones that I would happily switch out for another song that I absolutely LOVE rather than don't like or think is mediocre. It's just a hypothetical, it's not like anyone gets a choice which songs get played. :)

I have never heard some of these live (Sleight of Hand, Pilate) and others like Help Help I only heard once, and so I must admit, if I were to be at a show where they played some of these... I WOULD be kind of excited to hear them. The sing alongs/fan favorites, I'm OK with those being played. There are just SO many songs I'd rather hear than Even Flow AGAIN, even though it is fun and rocking and has a big Mike solo in it. Those shows last year where they didn't play Alive or Even Flow--wow, how exciting that must have been to get something fresh in the #8-10 position where E-Flow always pops up.

Army Reserve, Dissident, Gone etc... just bland boring songs in my opinion. Set killers. Buzzkills. We all know that with each new album, it gets played while the album before it gets almost ignored... happens every tour. I'd love to hear any other Avocado song over Army Reserve or Gone, and these days they seem to play maybe one or two songs from that album per show. I would just love to hear one of the OTHER songs. That's all.

I do sometimes like Sleight of Hand, and I would be excited to hear it live. I've never heard it and know it's rare. It's just slow and kinda mumbly and muddy.

You Are, been there done that. Heard it many times on Riot Act, and it's an OK song, and live it's kind of cool with the old lights. Habit, noisy, but still kinda like it. Supersonic is dumb.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

Davidtrios wrote:
    awesome thread.

mainset:

God's Dice, Get Right, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Last Kiss, Nothing As it Seems, Not for You, Help Help, W.M.A, I'm Open, All Night, Hitchhiker, Bushleaguer, Gremmie out of Control, All or None, Don't Gimme no Lip

encore:

Mankind, Soon Forget, Thumbing My Way, Wash

encore2:

Sweet Lew, Yellow Ledbetter
    Binaural haters.. :evil:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The biggest travesty ever would be ending a show with last kiss.....
    Davidtrios wrote:
    awesome thread.

mainset:

encore:

encore2:

My first thought was Stone hater ;)
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    Wait, was that suppose to be a BAD set list??? Looks pretty solid to me
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Anything with - Once, Off He goes, low light, bee girl, or alive

Feel like I have heard these songs at all of my last couple of shows
    edited April 2010
    ok,,if u want nightmare ill give one.....couse after this setlist u will want not to sleep again :mrgreen:

KEEP ON ROCKIN
    ANIMAL
    LIFE WASTED
    CORDUROY
    STATE LOVE AND TRUST
    GIVEN TO FLY
    DO THE EVOLUTION
    JEREMY
    IN MY TREE
    GOD'S DICE
    BLACK
    BRAIN OF J
    SLEIGHT OF HAND
    TREMOR CHRIST
    UNTHOUGHT KNOWN
    EVEN FLOW
    WHY GO

ENCORE 1
    LOVE BOAT CAPTAIN
    ONCE
    SMALL TOWN
    SAVE YOU
    AMONGST THE WAVES
    DAUGHTER
    RVM
    ENCORE 2
    CROWN OF THORNS
    GHOST
    CRAZY MARY
    ARMY RESERVE

ENCORE 3
    NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
    ALIVE
    ARQ
    FUCKIN UP

ENCORE 4
    FREE BIRD
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    Well this is Pearl Jam, so pretty much anty set list you come up with is going to rock
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    awesome thread.

mainset:

encore:

encore2:

Ha ha, see I would take at least half of those songs in a "good" set... never heard a whole bunch of those. But I can see why people don't like a lot of those songs, and I can see why people like a lot of the songs I picked.
    I'd love to hear WMA, Not for You, All Night, Lip, and Gremmie. Only one of those I've heard before is Not For You, and it's just kind of a flashback-favorite.

• lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    Bleed for me, are you kidding? you must be...
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    awesome thread.

mainset:

encore:

encore2:

they should be drawn and quartered!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    edited April 2010
    Heres mine -

Why Go
    Corduroy
    Severed Hand
    In My Tree (new version with organ)
    Cropduster
    Light Years
    Unemployable
    The Fixer
    Just Breathe
    Amongst The Waves
    Love Boat Captain
    Evacuation
    Brother
    Ghost
    Get Right
    Thumbing My Way
    Gone
    Half Full
    Porch

Last Kiss
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Better Man
    Crazy Mary
    I Believe in Miracles
    Alive

Parachutes
    State Of Love And Trust
    Rockin' In The Free World
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Post edited by grazman on
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    The biggest travesty ever would be ending a show with last kiss.....
    How about opening with Last Kiss?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Agree or disagree, it's a hilarious thought. If it came true, would your nightmare setlist stop you from ever seeing them again? Is it so much of a nightmare that EVERY show you see will have the exact setlist? Where's the "suicide" emoticon? :lol:

Main Set: Trouble, Dead Man Walking, All The Way, Picture In A Frame, Off He Goes, Hard To Imagine, Gone, Inside Job, Low Light, Thumbing my way, last kiss, betterman, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

Followed by: Wishlist, Dissident, Save You, Crazy Mary, Immortality, Nothing As it Seems, I Believe In Miracles, All Or None, Fatal, Down, Speed of Sound

Encore: Anything by Uncle Bruce, Uncle Neil, Uncle Pete or Uncle Tom, I'm Open, Man Of The Hour, No More, The End, Yellowledbetter with Star Spangled Banner

Encore 2: Ambulance sirens.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    any thing sang by LIVE
    I want my money for those CD's
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • wow!!!.....i just wanted to say...you all have very "questionable" taste!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Of course there are a few songs that i don't like that much but a PJ concert can never be a nightmare! Nothing more to say.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017