Nightmare Set List

Comments

• On Phone?
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

:lol::lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

who?
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    ??? :crazy:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.
    Stop picking on him!!

1-opie.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    It's all relative... a bad Pearl Jam song is usually better than a lot of other bands' good songs... but for me a "nightmare" set list would look like this:

Red Dot
    Low Light
    Stupid Mop
    Parting Ways
    Speed of Sound
    Mankind
    Evacuation
    Thumbing My Way
    Big Wave
    Push Me, Pull Me
    Bugs
    Get Right
    Supersonic
    Pilate
    I'm Open
    Breakerfall
    Gonna See My Friend
    Gone
    All Or None
    Unthought Known
    Army Reserve

(ENCORE ONE)
    Help Help
    Inside Job
    Just Breathe
    The End

(ENCORE TWO)
    Last Kiss
    The Real Me
    Love, Reign O'er Me
    Rocking in the Free World
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I'm not an ass kisser to the band by any means but all I can think of that I wouldn't be that thrilled about hearing are:

All Night
    Elderly Woman
    Hitchhiker
    Sweet Lew
    Baba O Riley
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Don't gimme No Lip

Everything else makes me smile! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Main Set:
    My Own Prison
    Torn
    Whats This Life For
    One
    With Arms Wide Open
    Higher
    What If
    Are You Ready?
    Bullets
    One Last Breath
    My Sacrifice
    Don't Stop Dancing
    Weathered
    Hide

Encore:
    Overcome
    A Thousand Faces
    Rain

Only one encore is part of the nightmare. I would probably walk out during the first song.
    #FHP
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Davidtrios wrote:
    awesome thread.

mainset:

God's Dice, Get Right, World Wide Suicide, Even Flow, Last Kiss, Nothing As it Seems, Not for You, Help Help, W.M.A, I'm Open, All Night, Hitchhiker, Bushleaguer, Gremmie out of Control, All or None, Don't Gimme no Lip

encore:

Mankind, Soon Forget, Thumbing My Way, Wash, Get Right
    encore2:

Sweet Lew, Wish List, No More, Yellow Ledbetter

that's a bad ass encore
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

I was waiting for this. Lets try to keep this thread positive and realize that not everyone loves every single song.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    how can you have 30 songs you hate? ( maybe not favorites ,but hardly a nightmare)

makes zero sense to me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • how can you have 30 songs you hate? ( maybe not favorites ,but hardly a nightmare)

makes zero sense to me

I'm sure we don't hate all the songs we chose... except for the Cr••d (? or is that Nick•lb•ck?) guy. I can see why he would leave after the first song.

Actually part of a nightmare show came true once. I split my 10c EV tickets with a stranger, and she arrived to the show in a pink terrycloth Nick•lB•ck jumpsuit... :oops:
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

I was waiting for this. Lets try to keep this thread positive and realize that not everyone loves every single song.

And that we are just joking around.

Here's mine: Ed takes the stage and says, "Uh, good evening. Uh, tonight, we are, uh, going to try a little experiment. We are going to play one of our albums straight through."

And then they kick into Can't Keep.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    how can you have 30 songs you hate? ( maybe not favorites ,but hardly a nightmare)

makes zero sense to me

I'm sure we don't hate all the songs we chose... except for the Cr••d (? or is that Nick•lb•ck?) guy. I can see why he would leave after the first song.

Actually part of a nightmare show came true once. I split my 10c EV tickets with a stranger, and she arrived to the show in a pink terrycloth Nick•lB•ck jumpsuit... :oops:
    My point was unless they play a bunch of shitty covers than there is not nightmare setlist. Chose Creed just because I know there is a lot of fans on here. ;)
    #FHP
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941
    any set with Parachutes is not a good one.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    This is just for FUN... but I see a lot of posts on here about "dream set lists." So I thought, what would my "nightmare" set list look like? I thought about it and put one together. Some of these songs I actually wouldn't mind hearing again (Help Help is so much better live), I just tried to pick out the songs I am least into, or lowest quality, musically/noisy, to me (i.e. Habit), or songs that we've all heard a million times, or string together to make a boring few songs in a row. I'm sure someone will like this set list, and that's cool. It's just MY nightmare set list that I could think of on a whim. Notice it is short, ha!

So, what would YOUR nightmare set list look like?

Main set:
    gonna see my friends, bleed for me, unthought known, army reserve, dissident, help help, pilate, elderly woman, even flow, sleight of hand, gone, you are, habit, supersonic, the fixer

Encore 1
    the end with string quartet, lukin with string quartet, black, last kiss, better man, alive

Encore 2
    "And now we're gonna bring out some old friends to finish out our last encore... so for all 3 songs, please say hello to Sleater Kinney!"
    hunger strike, leavin' here, rockin' in the free world all with Sleater Kinney

:D

haha although i disagree with a lot of the songs on here, i do agree with you on sleater kinney. they are awful and probably one of the worst opening acts i have ever seen. not to mention they ruin every song they perform with pearl jam.
    i remember buying the boots from the 2003 tour and being so pissed off when i'd hear them during the encore. such a let down.

as for my nightmare set list
    it would have to be them playing all the songs from riot act. i would cry.
  • Jack Irons comes out (awesome), but then they proceed to play only Matt Cameron songs.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    MrSmith wrote:
    Jack Irons comes out (awesome), but then they proceed to play only Matt Cameron songs.

I gotta tell you, I think PJ with MC is not as strong as a PJ with JI.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Davidtrios wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    Jack Irons comes out (awesome), but then they proceed to play only Matt Cameron songs.

I gotta tell you, I think PJ with MC is not as strong as a PJ with JI.

+1
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Main Set: No More
    Encore 1: Here's to the State of Obama
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    Horos wrote:
    Main Set:
    My Own Prison
    Torn
    Whats This Life For
    One
    With Arms Wide Open
    Higher
    What If
    Are You Ready?
    Bullets
    One Last Breath
    My Sacrifice
    Don't Stop Dancing
    Weathered
    Hide

Encore:
    Overcome
    A Thousand Faces
    Rain

Only one encore is part of the nightmare. I would probably walk out during the first song.

:lol:
  • FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

how the fuck do you "keep it positive" when he is talking about songs he hates? the fucking thread was negative when it was created!!!!!
  • FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

how the fuck do you "keep it positive" when he is talking about songs he hates? the fucking thread was negative when it was created!!!!!
    cuz its kinda funny.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

makes zero sense to me
    Mine were definitely not songs I hate - I actually like almost all of them.

But if you're going to put a setlist together that would be like your own personal 'worst case scenario' that would be it. It's like... the worst PJ set is still better than most sets from anyone else. But its still fun to talk about... and a time killer since we're almost still a month away! :)
  • FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

Thank you sirs, may I have another! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't think my post was hateful at all. Go back and read it again. As you'll see, I mention how I LIKE some of these songs, just all together, they might not be my favorite.

"Nightmare" is the opposite of "dream," hence the title. There really is no such thing as a nightmare set list. I expected some people to disagree with me (as you'll see from the others who took the time to make up their own set lists) but chill out.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Help, help ummmmmmmmmmmm maybe try Hail, hail
  • drsluggo wrote:

makes zero sense to me
    Mine were definitely not songs I hate - I actually like almost all of them.

But if you're going to put a setlist together that would be like your own personal 'worst case scenario' that would be it. It's like... the worst PJ set is still better than most sets from anyone else. But its still fun to talk about... and a time killer since we're almost still a month away! :)

Exactly! Someone else who gets it! I like a lot of mine too! Plus I had nowhere near 30 songs... it was tough to pick out the ones I did list. And the final encore would be great minus SK. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Flagg wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    OP is an idiot.

And that we are just joking around.

Here's mine: Ed takes the stage and says, "Uh, good evening. Uh, tonight, we are, uh, going to try a little experiment. We are going to play one of our albums straight through."

And then they kick into Can't Keep.

Absolutely hilarious! You know one of these tours they are going to start the whole album a show thing.
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    Encore 2
    "And now we're gonna bring out some old friends to finish out our last encore... so for all 3 songs, please say hello to Sleater Kinney!"
    hunger strike, leavin' here, rockin' in the free world all with Sleater Kinney

:D[/quote]

when i saw PJ at the wachovia center in '05 sleater kinney came out and did leaving here with them during the encore and it was friggin' great...having the girls singing the OH Yeah's made the song...best version i've seen anyway.
    as far as nightmare sets...betterman, nothingman, elderly woman, dissident, alive, and rockin' in the free world can all go on the shelf as far as i'm concerned...just seen them too many times
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    when i saw PJ at the wachovia center in '05 sleater kinney came out and did leaving here with them during the encore and it was friggin' great...having the girls singing the OH Yeah's made the song...best version i've seen anyway.
    as far as nightmare sets...betterman, nothingman, elderly woman, dissident, alive, and rockin' in the free world can all go on the shelf as far as i'm concerned...just seen them too many times
    I think S/K become unbearable when they take a verse in a song like Fortunate Sun or RITFW... every time they come on random my ears go into shock!