Options

***2016 Detroit Lions Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What was that all about between the coach's at the end of the game...Harbaugh not aloud to celebrate?

Apparently not. Schwartz needs to relax a little bit there. This moron almost caused a huge brawl right there.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What was that all about between the coach's at the end of the game...Harbaugh not aloud to celebrate?

Apparently not. Schwartz needs to relax a little bit there. This moron almost caused a huge brawl right there.

I just saw the highlights...didn't look like Harbaugh did anything wrong...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    He smacked him on the back and apparently cussed at him in someway...instead of shaking hands.
    According to what little I've heard.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    He smacked him on the back and apparently cussed at him in someway...instead of shaking hands.
    According to what little I've heard.

Both of those guys seem like hotheads. Either way, can't have coaches going after each other like that on the field. That could have been really bad if the players really got into it.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

That "moron" is probably the best coach in the NFL right now. I'm not saying he was in the right but I'm guessing he probably wasn't to far off base. Harbaugh was lifting his shirt and jumping in the air like a douche bag. You're a coach now. Not a player anymore. Maybe he should have more tact and than things might not get outta control.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    It was an emotional game for both teams, both coaches got out of line, they'll be handed fines and it will be over..
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    It was an emotional game for both teams, both coaches got out of line, they'll be handed fines and it will be over..
    for sure
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    According to the panel on Fox he slapped on the back to hard...really!!! Looks more like poor sportsmanship to me...coach's have to be above that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

That "moron" is probably the best coach in the NFL right now. I'm not saying he was in the right but I'm guessing he probably wasn't to far off base. Harbaugh was lifting his shirt and jumping in the air like a douche bag. You're a coach now. Not a player anymore. Maybe he should have more tact and than things might not get outta control.

Schwartz hasn't won anything yet...there is a coach in NE who's pretty good, as well as Pittsburgh and GB...

The most impressive coach has to be NE's...drafting at the bottom most of the time...

• Options
    I'm just going by the turnaround of a team. I agree drafting has helped but he's changed the whole mentality in Detroit. That says a LOT! If Harbaugh doesn't "celebrate" that way Schwartz is humble and probably gives SF a lot of props.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I agree he's changed the mentality and the lions are much improved...and that is good for them and of course their fans.

• Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I chalk the altercation up to Schwartz trying to create an image for the Lions. I've gotten the impression that he wants the team to have a mean, bad boys reputation ever since he commented on Suh's last suspension. And I don't think he gives a shit about who he offends or the fines he has to pay along the way.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    trade for ronnie brown is dead because...well. jerome harrison might be dead.

(they say he'll be ok though)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71271 ... ource-says
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Lets play some run defense today guys!
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    At least we are still playing hard even with the blowout.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    This really has nothing to do with anything, I suppose. But my neice is dating the center.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Denver wins should only be worth half a win when tebow plays
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Denver wins should only be worth half a win when tebow plays
    I tend to agree with that.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    This really has nothing to do with anything, I suppose. But my neice is dating the center.
    Of the Lions?
    There's a joke in there somewhere... :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Of the Lions?
    oh its true. Perhaps thats why the winning season thus far? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Of the Lions?
    oh its true. Perhaps thats why the winning season thus far? :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp11074

nickelback to perform at eh thanksgiving halftime show?

1)they suck
    2) theyre not American
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Davidtrios wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074

1)they suck
    2) theyre not American

I love that Jim Schwartz listens to metal...probably my new favorite coach!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Davidtrios wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074

1)they suck
    2) theyre not American

i'm debating selling my tickets. kid rock (fake seger) was bad enough last year
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    megatron wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

1)they suck
    2) theyre not American

i'm debating selling my tickets. kid rock (fake seger) was bad enough last year

One year I went, they carried Mariah Carey out on a bed, she was terrible, it was absurd. Somehow thats still better than Nickelback.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Cinderella Season Ends Sunday
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I don't think you can really say the Bears have been having a Cinderella season...But I guess I'll agree that their season will come to an end Sunday... ;)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I don't think you can really say the Bears have been having a Cinderella season...But I guess I'll agree that their season will come to an end Sunday... ;)

I agree. Sorry for your Bears.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Ugh...come on Lions!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    No need to look at video on that scoring play...wasn't even close...no wonder these games take too long to play.