Options

***2016 Detroit Lions Thread***

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    as a bears fan, this team is a great story...im happy for the poor people of detroit to have a nice distraction like this...both the lions and tigers are doing well.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Aposter_woot.gif

this was great ... loved it :D
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    pandora wrote:
    Aposter_woot.gif

this was great ... loved it :D

Is this the Georgia connection? ;)

Never been an SEC or ACC conference fan, but sure love the talent they produce!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    ugh...looked like pussy cats all 1st half...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Here they come...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Well, speak up "browsers" ........Lions gonna pull this off?
    I think they got a good shot still!!!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I'm experiencing a sports overload right now, between this and the Tigers game.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    hahaha...had to choose...DVRing the Tigs game which I am officially starting now!
    (In the Bubble)
    Go Lions!!!! I've never experienced this strange feeling before....feels good.
    These really do feel like the exact games we've been losing for years...Excellent thus far!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    2 words: HOLY SHIT.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It seemed for a while there like your boys were trying to give the game right back to Dallas. That "drive" where they had a penalty on almost every play. And before that when Suh took that bad penalty to give Dallas a 1st down when they would have had to punt.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    It seemed for a while there like your boys were trying to give the game right back to Dallas. That "drive" where they had a penalty on almost every play. And before that when Suh took that bad penalty to give Dallas a 1st down when they would have had to punt.

Unfortunately penalties are nothing new to this team. They scared me on that 2nd to last drive.

Suh is a hybrid who cares not for rules. Only carnage. :twisted: Which is why the refs are always watching.
    I think he'll find a happy medium where he doesn't lose his intensity. Just needs some time.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Gotta say, paying for the sunday ticket just to watch the lions every week feels a whole lot better so far this year. Calvin is a beast.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    sherm wrote:
    Gotta say, paying for the sunday ticket just to watch the lions every week feels a whole lot better so far this year. Calvin is a beast.

I would imagine. I don't even want to know what it was like being a Lions fan during their "perfect season". :lol:

1a54_1.JPG
  • Options
    sherm wrote:

I would imagine. I don't even want to know what it was like being a Lions fan during their "perfect season". :lol:

1a54_1.JPG

I like my shirt better.

0-16.jpg

I went to the Titans and Saints games. Stayed through the entire game both times. I guess that makes me a masochist.
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:

I like my shirt better.

0-16.jpg

I went to the Titans and Saints games. Stayed through the entire game both times. I guess that makes me a masochist.

That Saints games looked like a real nailbiter. 42-7? You were right to stick around, you never know what can happen. You could have left and it turned out to be another Heidi Bowl.
  • Options
    That Saints games looked like a real nailbiter. 42-7? You were right to stick around, you never know what can happen. You could have left and it turned out to be another Heidi Bowl.

I wanted to get my money's worth of misery.
  • Options
    The best shirt was the 4-0 2008 Preseason Champs!

It's all good. I've been waiting since Spielman left to have a decent team to watch.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I'm gonna hold you to that "I'm sorry" comment you had when I mentioned I have been a Lions fan for years ;)
  • Options
    What are the chances of any caps, flexfit style, that have both the Lions and Tigers logos?
  • Options
    old you to that "I'm sorry" comment you had when I mentioned I have been a Lions fan for years ;)
    hahaha...sorry man. Standard reply for so many years to out-of-town fans. :lol:
    What are the chances of any caps, flexfit style, that have both the Lions and Tigers logos?
    I'll give a look around and get back to ya!
    Exciting to be a fan in Detroit right now!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    this team is a joy to watch...set up nicely for the foreseeable future too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It was kind of funny watching the local news (in Dallas) talking about this game. Since they always look for a silver lining, the only one they could find was that the Lions quarterback went to Highland Park High School. So in every story about it, every time they showed highlights, they always called him "Highland Park Product - Matthew Stafford", like that somehow makes it a victory for Dallas.
  • Options
    It was kind of funny watching the local news (in Dallas) talking about this game. Since they always look for a silver lining, the only one they could find was that the Lions quarterback went to Highland Park High School. So in every story about it, every time they showed highlights, they always called him "Highland Park Product - Matthew Stafford", like that somehow makes it a victory for Dallas.

Same high school as Bobby Layne. That's why he's the chosen one.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    The Lions made NFL history today: first time in NFL history that a team has come from behind to win after being behind 20+ points, 2 weeks in a row.

Someone needs to tell Romo to run the ball when your team is winning by 24 points; it's safer that way....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Nice that we finally have a record not related to sucking! :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

It's all good. I've been waiting since Spielman left to have a decent team to watch.

i have the best shirt ever at home.

"1991 TECMO SUPERBOWL CHAMPS"

with a pixelated barry sanders on the front. in rules

GO LOINS...dallas. well. that was something
  • Options
    megatron wrote:

i have to see this shirt. 8-)
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    megatron wrote:

Awesome!!! I still can't believe the Lions are 4-0. CRAZY!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    lionstecmo.png
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    lionstecmo.png

THAT IS FUCKING SWEET. I loved TSB