Options

***2016 Detroit Lions Thread***

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    alright we got a division win, road win, and back to back wins. so that's nice

to fans of regular teams this is laughable.

im happy. not bad to win back to back against teams in the playoff hunt and starting a 3rd string qb
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I had no idea this thread existed...

I work with a lady that is a Packer fan. I told her before the game that this was the Lions day and that Rodgers was going out with a shoulder injury. I warned her not to argue about the injury thing because the last time I predicted something so crazy I said that the favored horse in the Kentucky Derby was going to break its leg... it did. Oops. (cant remember the name now, about 5 years ago...)

I dug out the Lions hard hat after the win and took her picture with it. She refused to wear it though.

Barbaro?
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    megatron wrote:
    alright we got a division win, road win, and back to back wins. so that's nice

to fans of regular teams this is laughable.

im happy. not bad to win back to back against teams in the playoff hunt and starting a 3rd string qb

Like I said before, it's hard to get too excited. If I think of how many close games they have had this season, it just makes me sad. Someday they will get their shit together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    drove out to tampa yesterday and saw the lions beat up on the bucs with a less than steller effort. nice to win a game without playing their best ball.

bucs looked slow btw
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    megatron wrote:
    drove out to tampa yesterday and saw the lions beat up on the bucs with a less than steller effort. nice to win a game without playing their best ball.

bucs looked slow btw

did you about lose it when stafford went limping to the sidelines?

and as a Calvin Johnson fantasy owner...fuck yeah

and as a Detroit Defens owner...the world is not right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the defense was fantastic. ya know the score didn't show the game. but yea the D could have gotten us both some more points.

yea everyone said here we go again when he was limping. was praying it was just a strain. cramps are even better.

megatron in unguardable..tell cris carter i said so
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    They're rolling right along today!
    Look good.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Look good.

Hey CC!

Remember what I said about being an original Thanksgiving Day Fan?!
    Well I'm wearing that silly Lions hardhat at work this week!
    ..and I just so happen to have loaded my fantasy team with Stafford and the Lions D/ST!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Look good.

Hey CC!

Remember what I said about being an original Thanksgiving Day Fan?!
    Well I'm wearing that silly Lions hardhat at work this week!
    ..and I just so happen to have loaded my fantasy team with Stafford and the Lions D/ST!
    Haha...awesome man! As long a Stafford stays healthy I'd say you got a good pick with him!
    As far a D/ST go...Gunther Cunningham is the man! He has got to be one of the best, if not the best, defensive coordinators in the league! Pretty safe bet that they'll do well for you. Good luck! I hope they keep this up.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you know what the Lions need.....they need Millen back in the GM seat....

i'm going to miss having three bye weeks a year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    you know what the Lions need.....they need Millen back in the GM seat....

i'm going to miss having three bye weeks a year
    haha...I'll bet you are.
    No more freebies with Schwartz and Gunther down on that field either.
    So far so good this year.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    anyone else think running 2 TE sets is just fantastic?

pats and lions are doin pretty good with it. haven't noticed another team running it quite so well
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    My surprise team to rise up in THIS NFL season....I think they are BAAAAAACK!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    My surprise team to rise up in THIS NFL season....I think they are BAAAAAACK!

Peace

it was everybody's suprise team. :lol:

i think the Bills and Panthers are bigger suprises. yeah, the panthers are 0-2, but did anybody think Newton would have 800+ passing yards after two weeks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Definitely didn't think Newton would be doing so well.
    Everyone in Detroit knows the Lions are good. We're just mostly afraid to say anything.
    They were last year too. :roll:
    In my 30 years I have seen nothing but losing, but I have hope that that's changing.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Definitely didn't think Newton would be doing so well.
    Everyone in Detroit knows the Lions are good. We're just mostly afraid to say anything.
    They were last year too. :roll:
    In my 30 years I have seen nothing but losing, but I have hope that that's changing.

keep stafford up right and i think you guys will be competitive all season.

Vikings look aweful. Bears are going to be up and down all year. Packers should be tough.

depending on how things shake...you guys could get a wild card :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    yea that would be awesome.

only chance we have in the division is if cutler and rodgers bump heads...instant concussions
  • Options
    The Pack is strong for sure.
    I'd like to see a healthy GB team play a healthy Lions team. May the best team win.

Great memories of going with my dad to see Barry play, against GB, at the Silverdome.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    The Pack is strong for sure.
    I'd like to see a healthy GB team play a healthy Lions team. May the best team win.

Great memories of going with my dad to see Barry play, against GB, at the Silverdome.

that's awesome i got to see him a few times. we used to have our pop warner finale at the silverdome too. that was unreal as a youngin
  • Options
    haha...good times.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I had to post...felt bad for this little lost thread.
    I see some of the other teams have hundreds and hundreds of replies. I think there were like 37 or something on here... :o
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    hmmmm....is this a Sunday/Monday only thread?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    it's just how it is.

i got called a bandwagon fan for wearing my old ass lions hat the other day. i always joked this day would come...i might hit someone :lol:
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    it's just how it is.

i got called a bandwagon fan for wearing my old ass lions hat the other day. i always joked this day would come...i might hit someone :lol:

No shit!

I pulled out the hard hat at work! Most everyone here knows I root for the Lions and (World Champion) Giants though, but there are always a few Raiders and Broncos fans around here that are as dumb as a post.
  • Options
    WOOHOO!
    Lions end losing streak in Minnesota. Finally!
    Also 3-0 for the first time in 31 years...If the last of these summer shandys weren't in me right now I'd need a sedative. Was not the prettiest win by any means. Vikings looked like the Honolulu blue of old...Take the lead early and lose it late.
    Keep on rolling Detroit!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I didn't know we had a Lions thread! GOOOOOOOOO LIONS!!!

The only downside to the Lions playing well is that I won't be able to continue my yearly tradition of going to the Thanksgiving Day game. I tried to get tickets right when they went on sale, and they sold out too fast. I might still try StubHub, but I don't think tickets are going to be getting any cheaper if they keep playing well.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    What a win!

I might even take Thanksgiving off this year if the Lions keep rolling! I have had to work about the last 20 or so, and had to put up with loss after loss in the last 10 years!

I might roll out the 12 year old Lions hat now too... Kinda smashed from being in the closet so long.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I always root for the Lions because their fans deserve it, but now I'm officially worried about them. Thanksgiving there's gonna be one helluva game!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I always root for the Lions because their fans deserve it, but now I'm officially worried about them. Thanksgiving there's gonna be one helluva game!

dont worry so much. ;)
  • Options
    i'd worry. lions can throw the ball...and if they keep winning that will be one hell of a crowd.

the last couple years have sucked but have helped. stafford being hurt has allowed for some good draft position and the easiest schedule ever. green bay and san diego at home and saints and green bay on the road. 4 tough games late in the season. i'll take that.

just seems like a perfect situation to make it to the playoffs.

3-0 for the first time in my life..insane.