Options

***2016 Detroit Lions Thread***

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited December 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
***************2O10***************

c'mon i know you're out there

***************2O11***************

just switched the 2010 thread to 2011. maybe we'll have more than 3 pages of discussion this year eh?

***************2O12***************

alright it's 2012 and we finally have something to talk about heading into this year (besides the arrests)

***************2O13***************

sorry i'm 2 weeks late. but does it matter? I think our coaches might be awful

***************2O16***************

hey its been a few years. reading these old posts looks like I used to drink A LOT before posting.

anyways..go lions
Post edited by megatron on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Yawn.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Yawn.
    cool
  • Options
    well i'll be here all year. guess i'll just talk to myself.

me, "hey the preseason schedule was announced today..no games in florida :cry: "

douchejammer2821, "dude the lions went 0-16 a couple years ago you suck!"

me, "ehhhhh go fuck yourself"

GO LIONS

redemption season. this ones for gramps
  • Options
    So how does a guy from Florida end up liking the Lions?

EDIT: douchejammer2821, now THAT's funny :)
  • Options
    i grew up in detroit. lived there for 16 years. i work down here now. it is awful as far as sports. everytime i wear my lions gear i get comments... at least the bucs suck
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

nice paradoy thread....errr...oh wait, this is a real thread. sorry about your birth rights of being born in Detroit and growing up a Lions fan.

i will give you props for sticking with them tho.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jones wrote:
    i grew up in detroit. lived there for 16 years. i work down here now. it is awful as far as sports. everytime i wear my lions gear i get comments... at least the bucs suck
    Ah, gotcha. Well, the Lions DO suck so...
  • Options
    yea we were alright growin up. then the whole millen thing. will be nice to get back to mediocrity.
    i could never change teams. don't know how people do that
    we always joke the red wings were gods way of keepin us sane..then it looked like they would fall off. thankfully they're back at it
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    jones wrote:
    Ah, gotcha. Well, the Lions DO suck so...

well it makes it easier to fight back when they're equally awful.

and the lions DID suck 8-)
  • Options
    MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    yea but at least the bucs have a ring! - although i'm not one to talk - die hard eagles fan - 700 leveler and proud of it!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jones wrote:
    yea we were alright growin up. then the whole millen thing. will be nice to get back to mediocrity.
    i could never change teams. don't know how people do that
    we always joke the red wings were gods way of keepin us sane..then it looked like they would fall off. thankfully they're back at it

i never thought i could change, but as a Pirates fan, at some point you have to cut bait. 17 years of NOT trying to win was enough for me. i can deal with losing in sports,...it happens to 97% of teams every year, but NOT trying to win, is where i draw the line.

you can aruge that the Lions are trying to improve. they have made some strides. with the NFL being what it is, they should have a decent season in a year or two.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MD97728 wrote:
    yea but at least the bucs have a ring! - although i'm not one to talk - die hard eagles fan - 700 leveler and proud of it!

so does Detroit...it's just very very old
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    MD97728 wrote:

so does Detroit...it's just very very old

54 baby!

doesnt even matter about the bucs. i'd say fans in orlando are 20% bucs, 15% dolphins, .08% jaguars, 50% steelers and the rest will randomly pick playoff teams to jump on with..or talk about the gators since EVERYONE is now a gator fan when 5 years ago i knew like 3 (i've lived here 7 years now)
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    jones wrote:

I'm right there with you.
    I'm always going to be a Lions' fan, however, It's hard for me to get excited anymore.
    I like the Schwartz as a coach, and Martin Mayhew has made some smart moves so far. But I can't help but feel like Charlie Brown lining up for a kick.
    Just been burned by the team too many times.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    jones wrote:

I'm right there with you.
    I'm always going to be a Lions' fan, however, It's hard for me to get excited anymore.
    I like the Schwartz as a coach, and Martin Mayhew has made some smart moves so far. But I can't help but feel like Charlie Brown lining up for a kick.
    Just been burned by the team too many times.

yes it's frustrating. i can't help it. i have a personality trait disorder..kinda like why i keep bangin the ex. expecting different results. but it always end in disapointment
  • Options
    Let's Go Red Wings!!!

Oh..wait..wrong thread...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    Let's Go Red Wings!!!

Oh..wait..wrong thread...
    shitty game yesterday

in lions news...
    mcnabb being traded really hurts us from trading away the number 2 pick. so that sucks
    hargrove signed with the saints..but a trade is still possible
    and pacman rumors are still swirling. i don't care who he is. the lions have one cb worth starting. we need players. looks like they are waiting to finish the draft before making a decision
  • Options
    jones wrote:
    in lions news...
    mcnabb being traded really hurts us from trading away the number 2 pick. so that sucks
    hargrove signed with the saints..but a trade is still possible
    and pacman rumors are still swirling. i don't care who he is. the lions have one cb worth starting. we need players. looks like they are waiting to finish the draft before making a decision

The Pacman thing is interesting, because nobody wants him, so the Lions have the upper hand in giving him a contract.
    In other words, offer a contract that makes it very easy to cut ties with him if he does "anything detrimental to the team."
    Maybe Schwartz and Vandenboush can talk some sense into him.
    IMO- if it's handled the right way it could be a low risk, high reward situation if he plays well.
  • Options
    i agree it's worth it if the contract is done right. i mean... he still runs a sub 4.5 40 and is only 26 i think. i didn't grow up until i was that age. just sayin
  • Options
    jones wrote:
    i agree it's worth it if the contract is done right. i mean... he still runs a sub 4.5 40 and is only 26 i think. i didn't grow up until i was that age. just sayin

I know he hasn't done much to help his image, but if it's clear this is a no tolerance thing, perhaps he can keep his nose clean and just play football.

Or, he can start doing his favorite things, only for charity- who wouldn't love to see him "make it rain" in front of a soup kitchen once in awhile? :lol:
  • Options
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/200664.asp

Lions trade a fifth round pick to Seattle for Rob Sims.
    I love what Mayhew is doing. A proven starter on the offensive line for fifth round pick is awesome. He's only 26 too.
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/200664.asp

Lions trade a fifth round pick to Seattle for Rob Sims.
    I love what Mayhew is doing. A proven starter on the offensive line for fifth round pick is awesome. He's only 26 too.
    nice. it didn't look like they could draft the guard they wanted. i'd still like to draft okung and be able to move backus to the right side. not sure if that would happen the first year though
  • Options
    this thread will be a success by october..

:vuvuzelas:
  • Options
    So- is anyone else intrigued about Lions?
    I'm not planning a trip to the Superbowl, or even the playoffs, but I think they can win six easy, and maybe more...
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    So- is anyone else intrigued about Lions?
    I'm not planning a trip to the Superbowl, or even the playoffs, but I think they can win six easy, and maybe more...

not to excited about this defense. the lb's and secondary still look like retards on blow trying to cross a highway.

but the offense will be good. i'm expecting 5 wins. hoping for 7. wanting 11.

at least Suh will be entertaining
  • Options
    you guys picked the perfect week to break your 18 game divisonal losing streak.

and as a prize, if you are in detroit, a free monday night game.

way to go
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    yea i don't know about having the vikings field painted over. at least they got slapped around by the giants.

i like packer and viking fans (and chicago fans) whining about not having a qb. lions have been stuck with a broken armed hill and god awful stanton and we hang in games. gotta start winning
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I had no idea this thread existed...

I work with a lady that is a Packer fan. I told her before the game that this was the Lions day and that Rodgers was going out with a shoulder injury. I warned her not to argue about the injury thing because the last time I predicted something so crazy I said that the favored horse in the Kentucky Derby was going to break its leg... it did. Oops. (cant remember the name now, about 5 years ago...)

I dug out the Lions hard hat after the win and took her picture with it. She refused to wear it though.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    it was a concussion...so you only get 50% credit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Yep, forgot to mention I was close but no cigar...

Was quite funny though, as we were "watching" the games on the computer I had her come over and read the headline as she was on her way out of the control room.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06