Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    3 nights in a row so far. Chicken wings, ribs and burgers. Going for 4 tonight or today. Maybe an all day brisket.
    #FHP
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Burgers & Dogs today!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Do you even own a grill?

Did you just say that to me?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well...do you :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    81 wrote:
    Do you even own a grill?

Did you just say that to me?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well...do you :corn:
    No.
    I started this thread 3 years ago...
    Because I dreamed of YOU coming over and grilling for me.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Buy a Traeger, your grilling will never be the same. Got one from Costco last month and now my propane 5 burner sits idle. I've never had chicken or steaks turn out as awesome as they do on the Traeger.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    turkey burgers last night
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Buy a Traeger, your grilling will never be the same. Got one from Costco last month and now my propane 5 burner sits idle. I've never had chicken or steaks turn out as awesome as they do on the Traeger.
    Those are nice! I love the wood chip side thing. The only thing I don't like about it is the indirect heat. Great grill for slow cooking and for developing flavor but I do miss the ability of a direct flame.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    8732895976_935741f982_n_d.jpg

8731911477_5c3847b0b7_n_d.jpg
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    LloydXmas wrote:
    8732895976_935741f982_n_d.jpg

8731911477_5c3847b0b7_n_d.jpg

:thumbup: :clap::clap::mrgreen:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    mca47 wrote:
    Those are nice! I love the wood chip side thing. The only thing I don't like about it is the indirect heat. Great grill for slow cooking and for developing flavor but I do miss the ability of a direct flame.

The grill for hamburgers and hotdogs, but the Traeger for everything else. I'll never cook a steak on my grill again, it's amazing how Tri Tip comes out with the indirect heat. You can cut it with a butter knife!

I'm hungry now!
    woman marinated some chicken thighs in a bbq sauce on sat.

i grilled them on sunday and they were awesome

she took a few leftovers to work and ate them today

her comment.... "you put your foot in it"

yeah.....my thoughts too.......it's apperently a compliment "that black folks say when food is really good"

for the toledo folks...i said they were so good i could sell them in the old west in....she slapped me and said they were only good enough for door and secor.

they were fuckin tasty as fuck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    They have had some serious quality issues in recent years, but they well, especially for long smokes.

My weber smoky mountain is what I am currently working with. Mastered the usual cuts, but need to perfect the brisket. 2 tries and Ive had good but not killer brisket. I need to find a good meat supplier that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    long week of driving. close to 65 hours of driving/on duty work with approx 2400 miles driven.

Question is......

NY Strips or the Bacon-wrapped Filets for tonight? Loser gets eaten tomorrow!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mickeyrat wrote:
    long week of driving. close to 65 hours of driving/on duty work with approx 2400 miles driven.

Question is......

strips.

actually....go back to your neighborhood butcher and get yourself some ribeyes :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    I'd go for strips. Haven't had those in a while. I'll pick some up this weekend.

Thanks!
    mickeyrat wrote:

Question is......

strips.

actually....go back to your neighborhood butcher and get yourself some ribeyes :mrgreen:
    ribeyes are played out for the time being.
    Although we werent grilling them. They were the go to steak for about a year now.

Unfortunately neighborhoood butchers are few and far between. The place we've been going to has precut set price cuts. (see previous post) Need to weigh them to see what we pay per pound on average.

Place is busy as hell , which is why I think they do the precut/set prices.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    strip > bacon wrapped anything. yeah..i said it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Strips with Bacon wrapped Scallops. Now you're talking.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    yeah not a fan of bacon wrapped anything-except maybe a hot dog

old chefs trick to add something to flavorless meat/fish

No doubt
    strip or rib-eye

preferably with the bone
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Raining all day, no grilling. Going out for Friday Night Fish Fry instead! Big ol plate of Perch and a lot of beer.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Raining all day, no grilling. Going out for Friday Night Fish Fry instead! Big ol plate of Perch and a lot of beer.

neithe rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dog will stop me from grilling...ok..maybe a blizzard will...but that's it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:

neithe rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dog will stop me from grilling...ok..maybe a blizzard will...but that's it.

Puss :P
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

I recall many a time when I'd dig the grill out from a pile of snow in order to grill.
    I also recall having to chip ice off the grill once in order to get the lid off.

Pretty sure I wouldn't do that anymore. :lol:
    81 wrote:

when there is 2-3 ft of snow caked on the sliding patio door....and the grill it self is burried...i call it a day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I recall many a time when I'd dig the grill out from a pile of snow in order to grill.
    I also recall having to chip ice off the grill once in order to get the lid off.

Pretty sure I wouldn't do that anymore. :lol:

i'll shove a path to the grill in the winter. never had it frozen shut
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

when there is 2-3 ft of snow caked on the sliding patio door....and the grill it self is burried...i call it a day
    fucking lazy puss... :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    fucking lazy puss... :mrgreen:

Right? What a pussy :lol:

Well, you won't see my ass outside grilling in the summer. Shit, my parents have an indoor grill, must be nice.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    81 wrote:

Lol, me too. The real reason is the parents are taking the kids overnight. I shovel a path to my grill all winter long.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    I mean winter :lol:
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    Did you see me retweet of the new bacon wrapped hot dog and brat thing at Miller park?