The Official Hotel Wins / Reference thread

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    UpSideDown wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Adams Mark hotel @ Buffalo for $65 via priceline - definitely step down from $130 asking price!

you are single handedly keeping this thread alive! thanks
    Haha... just trying to get this wrapped up.

Now I just have Hartford and Boston left... we'll see how that goes. Bleh!
  • hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Kansas City
    Hotel Phillips
    Priceline
    4 stars
    Downtown/Crown
    Booked on 03/19

St Louis
    Crowne Plaza
    Priceline
    3.5 stars
    Downtown
    Booked on 03/19
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drsluggo wrote:
    Just got the Radisson Cleveland Gateway hotel on priceline for $65... yesterday I bid $65 and got nothing so I'm not sure what changed

it's a daily thing. we went on vacation to charleston, sc. i bid 60 for a 3.5 star hotel. i bid the same amount daily for about a week before it was finally accepted. hotels don't want to discoucnt the rooms until they have to.

it can be a fun game to play when you have the time. even when you don't have time, you can hit some good deals. i booked a hotel last wed for a thurs-sunday stay and only paid 40 with the listing rate at 100. name your own price rules.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    http://www.betterbidding.com/

i'm sure everyone knows about this site. if not, it's good to use as a refrence to see what people are winning with.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    81 wrote:
    http://www.betterbidding.com/

i'm sure everyone knows about this site. if not, it's good to use as a refrence to see what people are winning with.

+1

This site is extremely helpful, takes all of the guess work out of booking hotels.

I also have a link posted at the end of the initial post
    Bristow people.........need your input! Only show not represented yet :D
    AM bump
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Not sure why more people aren't using this thread. I posted link on Noblesville and Cleveland threads.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • JW41517JW41517 Posts: 35
    I got the Holiday Inn Downtown KC for $49 ($65.02 after taxes and fees).

I also got the Crowne Plaza Downtown STL for $49 ($64.12 after taxes and fees).

I booked both rooms on Priceline yesterday.
    Kevinman wrote:
    Not sure why more people aren't using this thread. I posted link on Noblesville and Cleveland threads.

Not sure, I think it could be a great tool to see everything at a glance,know you are getting a solid deal, see where others are, etc...
    This thread should be a sticky - it can potentially save people hundreds that are going to multiple show. By my best guess in the 4 priceline bids I've win I've saved probably $200+ off the lowest rates online otherwise. That's not small thing.

It's also great for cars, too... for those flying and driving. I'll be doing that as we get closer, but its a great way to do it.
  • Got Candlewood Suites near Dulles Airport in DC for a $50 bid.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    Got Candlewood Suites near Dulles Airport in DC for a $50 bid.

Added - wasn't sure if this is the same as Manassas, so I created a seperate line for this one.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Got May 8 and 9 at Renaissance Cleveland (4 star) for $66 + fees per night on Priceline. Booked on 3/16.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Got May 8 and 9 at Renaissance Cleveland (4 star) for $66 + fees per night on Priceline. Booked on 3/16.

Added, thanks
  • walterfwalterf Posts: 46
    we are at the holiday inn express in cleveland
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Any opinions on the Residence Inn in downtown Columbus? I have some Mariott gift cards to use and it looks pretty close to the arena. Thanks!
    grjammer wrote:
    Any opinions on the Residence Inn in downtown Columbus? I have some Mariott gift cards to use and it looks pretty close to the arena. Thanks!

This was posted recently in the Columbus roll call thread:

"I noticed nobody has mentioned the Nationwide Arena Red Roof Inn. Its actually really nice and only two blocks away. http://redroof.com/reservations/propert ... pid=00262T"
  • Count me in for Doubletree downtown in Cleveland!
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    that priceline thing when will you get the message about where u gonna stay ? and why can´t i use it if i live in Denmark but it´s ok if i live in Sweden :roll:
    I wanted to put a bid up for a 2½ star in NYC ( upper West ) but i kind of chickend out when i couldn´t find out when they tell me i got the room and where ....
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Picked up the Quality Inn in Vernon (near Hartford) for a 40 dollar bid. It's a little outside the city, but puts you on the road to Boston if you're headed there for Monday's show.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    vest71 wrote:
    that priceline thing when will you get the message about where u gonna stay ? and why can´t i use it if i live in Denmark but it´s ok if i live in Sweden :roll:
    I wanted to put a bid up for a 2½ star in NYC ( upper West ) but i kind of chickend out when i couldn´t find out when they tell me i got the room and where ....

The actual hotel will only be revealed once you put in your credit card info and confirm the area/star rating/prcie you are willing to pay. If your bid is accepted, they will give you the hotel name right afterwards. Please remember that Priceline and Hotwire are usually non-refundable transactions.

Check out the following link:
    http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=3&

This site provides great tips and even has lists of the Priceline/Hotwire hotels available.

Hotwire genereally gives you more control over which hotel you are actually getting, since you can use the list and match up the amenities/location/star rating to determine which hotel it is.

Priceline is usually cheaper by a few dollars though.
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    thanks a lot
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I just booked 2 rooms in Hartford for 5/15 using the Priceline name your own price feature. I got the 3 star Residence Inn Downtown Hartford (appears to be about a 5 minute walk from the venue) for $70 + taxes (per room). Interestingly I was rejected on this exact bid last Thursday, so I guess prices have come down a bit...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    edited March 2010
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I just booked 2 rooms in Hartford for 5/15 using the Priceline name your own price feature. I got the 3 star Residence Inn Downtown Hartford (appears to be about a 5 minute walk from the venue) for $70 + taxes (per room). Interestingly I was rejected on this exact bid last Thursday, so I guess prices have come down a bit...
    Ooohhh... thanks for posting! I had given up for a few days but now I am back in! :)

edit: in for $70 as well
    Post edited by drsluggo on
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    drsluggo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Ooohhh... thanks for posting! I had given up for a few days but now I am back in! :)
    Let me know if it works out for you. Sometimes new inventory disappears pretty quickly, and sometimes it lasts for weeks (like the Hilton chicago last year).

Hartford doesn't have too many hotels, so it will be interesting to see how long Pricelines deals even last in general. The Crowne Plaza can be booked for $109 (I think) through regular Priceline booking, so the $70 is still a pretty decent deal.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Let me know if it works out for you. Sometimes new inventory disappears pretty quickly, and sometimes it lasts for weeks (like the Hilton chicago last year).

Hartford doesn't have too many hotels, so it will be interesting to see how long Pricelines deals even last in general. The Crowne Plaza can be booked for $109 (I think) through regular Priceline booking, so the $70 is still a pretty decent deal.
    I got in too - that's a great deal considering its right by the venue so it avoids traffic getting out and driving. Now to figure out what to do for Boston -I'm kind of waiting for the TBD to be decided one way or the other.

Thanks for posting that -- the Hartford one was driving me nuts since I went up to $80 last week with no results!

edit: Looks like the Residence Inn is all suites with free internet and breakfast - that's a fantastic deal for $70!
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    BeerBaron wrote:

That is a pretty nice hotel. I stayed there for the Hartford show in 08. Our room was huge and the breakfast was good as well.
  • Anyone get any good deals on NYC hotels?
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    Has anyone had any luck booking a hotel in Boston? For the past few days I've been slowly increasing my bids and thus far I've been rejected for a 3* for $100 (in the theater and financial district).

Any help would be appreciated.