The Official Hotel Wins / Reference thread

Comments

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    This thread is an excellent idea! I am surprised not to see more people posting in here. If you got Priceline wins, post them here so the rest of us don't overpay :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    BeerBaron wrote:
    This thread is an excellent idea! I am surprised not to see more people posting in here. If you got Priceline wins, post them here so the rest of us don't overpay :)

i too am suprised that more people are not utilizing this - bumpity
  • joesan77joesan77 Posts: 24
    Just booked with priceline in Cleveland.

3 and 1/2 stars and a bid of $82 got me the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square for Sat. and Sun... looks really close to the arena.

I also booked Adam's Mark with a $58 bid in Buffalo... thanks to whoever posted that info... it really helped.

Cheers,
    joesan77 wrote:

3 and 1/2 stars and a bid of $82 got me the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square for Sat. and Sun... looks really close to the arena.

I also booked Adam's Mark with a $58 bid in Buffalo... thanks to whoever posted that info... it really helped.

Cheers,
    Thanks for the post. Can you give me more info on Cleveland. I have been having trouble getting it over the past few days. Was $82 your first bid? If not, what were you rejected at (up to) before being accepted at $82?

Thanks.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    joesan77 wrote:

Cheers,
    Thanks for the post. Can you give me more info on Cleveland. I have been having trouble getting it over the past few days. Was $82 your first bid? If not, what were you rejected at (up to) before being accepted at $82?

Thanks.

Here is the story - My wife and I both bid on 4 star hotel's over two days based on this thread, (I think someone said they got the renasance (sic) for $66), started at $66, then $75, then $82 and finally $88, all with no luck.

Today we changed to 3 and 1/2 stars and I bid $65. I was rejected, but instead of the normal rejection screen I got a screen saying that if I bid right away, and if I increased my price by $17, that I could bid with the same parameters. I thought this was weird, (normally have to wait 24 hrs), so before I put my bid in at $82 I got my wife to bid the 3 and 1/2 stars with a $75 bid. It was rejected as well so I decided to just bite the bullet and pay the $82.

I have seen in this thread that some people got 3 star hotels with bids around $65 or so, but we decided to stick with the 3 and 1/2.

Good Luck,
  • brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    Just as an FYI for everyone...Priceline finally accepted my bid for 3.5 star hotel in Boston for $100/night. We're booked at the Boston Park Plaza from the 16th-20th in the theater district. Parking is a bit expensive ($30 a night), but overall I'm pretty happy with the price.

I was rejected at 85,90, and 95...so $100 seems to be the sweet spot.

Hope that's useful for someone.
    joesan77 wrote:

Here is the story - My wife and I both bid on 4 star hotel's over two days based on this thread, (I think someone said they got the renasance (sic) for $66), started at $66, then $75, then $82 and finally $88, all with no luck.

Today we changed to 3 and 1/2 stars and I bid $65. I was rejected, but instead of the normal rejection screen I got a screen saying that if I bid right away, and if I increased my price by $17, that I could bid with the same parameters. I thought this was weird, (normally have to wait 24 hrs), so before I put my bid in at $82 I got my wife to bid the 3 and 1/2 stars with a $75 bid. It was rejected as well so I decided to just bite the bullet and pay the $82.

I have seen in this thread that some people got 3 star hotels with bids around $65 or so, but we decided to stick with the 3 and 1/2.

Good Luck,
    Thanks!

I have seen a lot of those counter-offers in the past and from my experiece, you tend to be able to get a room for your original offer plus 40-60% of the counter offer. In your case, I would have gone back and bid (using your wife's account) the $75 that you did and were rejected it. So I'd say you played it well. The room could probably be had for somewhere in the $77-$80 range but what's the point in dragging it out to save $3 or $4 per night?

I would like 3.5 star in Cleveland too as there are a couple of hotels in the 3 star range that I don't really like. Today I was rejected up to $65, even on a 3 star. I will likely give it a go tomorrow at closer to your price on a 3.5 star. Thanks again.
    No Problem... I was of the same state of mind re: saving a few bucks vs the time I waste making my bids...

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
  • Quality Inn in Manassas $70 tx inc. using AAA. CX policy up to the day.
    I just got in on this deal myself
    Before I booked this room it said there were only 2 rooms left at the AAA rate for rooms with 2 beds. So after I made my reservation I'm assuming there is only 1 room left at this rate.

I'm most likely to be taking the train from New haven,CT to Va. Can someone help me out with the name of the closest train station to this hotel Thank you in advance.
    Joe
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • MattbillzMattbillz Posts: 64
    joesan77 wrote:
  • We have an official "PJ Fan Club" group rate at the KC Westin. $79 and about a mile away. You can book for Sunday night too - we have rooms blocked for both Sun & Mon.
    http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGrou ... &key=9A136
    Normal rate is $229 a night

So far there's about 50 of us staying there... woot woot!!!
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Initial post has been updated....thanks! keep the info coming!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    London England. Just offered $100 for a 3 star hotel and they gave me a 4 star. I checked the hotel's website and they want 170 GBP per night. That's less than half price.

With taxes and fess it came out to roughly $120/night. Not bad for an expensive city.
  • Quality Inn in Manassas $70 tx inc. using AAA. CX policy up to the day.
    I just got in on this deal myself
    Before I booked this room it said there were only 2 rooms left at the AAA rate for rooms with 2 beds. So after I made my reservation I'm assuming there is only 1 room left at this rate.

I'm most likely to be taking the train from New haven,CT to Va. Can someone help me out with the name of the closest train station to this hotel Thank you in advance.
    Joe

Is there any way to get to the venue itself using public transportation?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    Just got Cleveland! Finally ... interestingly, I got 2 rooms - 3.5 stars for $75, the same bid that joesan77 had rejected yesterday. So inventory seems to change quite regularly on Priceline.

FYI - I got the Wyndham Cleveland At Playhousesquare, which is less than a 10 minute walk from the Q.
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Just got Cleveland! Finally ... interestingly, I got 2 rooms - 3.5 stars for $75, the same bid that joesan77 had rejected yesterday. So inventory seems to change quite regularly on Priceline.

FYI - I got the Wyndham Cleveland At Playhousesquare, which is less than a 10 minute walk from the Q.

Priceline must be in a good mood today...I've been trying for days and finally got accepted today too.

Did the stock market take a plunge today?
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Priceline must be in a good mood today...I've been trying for days and finally got accepted today too.

Did the stock market take a plunge today?

noticed the same on hotwire....probably because its a new month.
    I'm sure you're not keeping track or Europe hotels, but I'll post them anyways. Maybe some of them will convert.

Priceline wins
    Dublin City Center North - $70 - 3 star
    Berlin East - $60 - 3 star
    London Kensington - $100 - 4 star (posted yesterday)
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm sure you're not keeping track or Europe hotels, but I'll post them anyways. Maybe some of them will convert.

Priceline wins
    Dublin City Center North - $70 - 3 star
    Berlin East - $60 - 3 star
    London Kensington - $100 - 4 star (posted yesterday)
    Those are some excellent deals for Europe. I've been a few times and always had trouble getting great deals on Priceline. In the past I have managed to get decent deals in London, Dublin and Amsterdam, but not as good as the ones you posted above.

2010 seems like a good year to travel, just like 2009 was.
  • I just got in on the comfort suites hotel for Buffalo
    I used the AAA discount and after taxes came to $112.60
    Pretty good deal Free shuttle service to and from the airport and although I read there is a free ride to the HSBC arena the lady i talked to at the hotel said its a 10 minute walk if you choose to walk
    CT Joe
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Those are some excellent deals for Europe. I've been a few times and always had trouble getting great deals on Priceline. In the past I have managed to get decent deals in London, Dublin and Amsterdam, but not as good as the ones you posted above.

2010 seems like a good year to travel, just like 2009 was.

I was feeling a bit unlucky at times, but just as I thought no one would accept they did. I think the problem could be that many (and I mean a lot) of hotels in Europe don't have the # of stars on Priceline. So if I select 3 star it doesn't look at the 'non-rated' hotels. My guess anyways.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    For the record, someone posted that Sleepybear Campground in Noblesville is $25 and not $20 per person.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Bill Shatner would be proud of this thread - keep up the good work everyone and thanks for updating the thread as well! :thumbup:
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    K.C. - got the Westin Crown (4 stars) PJ hookup for $79 per night on 3-17

St. Louis- got the Renaissance (4 stars)for $67 on 4-1

Columbus - got the Westin (4 stars) for $57 on 4-1

Buffalo - got the Adams Mark for (3 star) for $63 on 4-2

All on Priceline

Tried to get a Cleveland downtown 4 star for $66 on 4-2 but was denied.
    I'll try again in a few days
  • brainofc wrote:
    Just as an FYI for everyone...Priceline finally accepted my bid for 3.5 star hotel in Boston for $100/night. We're booked at the Boston Park Plaza from the 16th-20th in the theater district. Parking is a bit expensive ($30 a night), but overall I'm pretty happy with the price.

Thanks, tried $95...no go...$100 is the sweet spot. Only reserved for the one night though.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    rssesq wrote:
    K.C. - got the Westin Crown (4 stars) PJ hookup for $79 per night on 3-17

St. Louis- got the Renaissance (4 stars)for $67 on 4-1

Columbus - got the Westin (4 stars) for $57 on 4-1

Buffalo - got the Adams Mark for (3 star) for $63 on 4-2

All on Priceline

Tried to get a Cleveland downtown 4 star for $66 on 4-2 but was denied.
    I'll try again in a few days

Try hotwire.com for Cleveland... $65 range for a 3 star downtown
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • brainofc wrote:

Thanks, tried $95...no go...$100 is the sweet spot. Only reserved for the one night though.

Thanks for the info ... Just got the Omni Parker House in Boston for $110 a night the 16th-18th.

Bid was rejected @ $95 & $105 accepted @ $110
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    thatisking wrote:
    brainofc wrote:

Thanks for the info ... Just got the Omni Parker House in Boston for $110 a night the 16th-18th.

Bid was rejected @ $95 & $105 accepted @ $110

We got the Omni Parker House for 110/night too for the 17th - 19th. We stayed here on 3/6 for the Muse concert (for 70/night!), not too far of a walk to the Garden and it's a very nice hotel. Just an FYI there's a parking garage around the corner for $18/night.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • mackobumackobu Posts: 19
    I just got Adams Mark Hotel in Buffalo for May 10th for 60/night via Priceline. Let's fill the place with 10c members!
  • BeerBaron wrote:

I'm under the same roof as the Baron! My Priceline bid was $80. I probably should've shot lower, but regular rates of $150 had me concerned that I'd end up at a hotel "unsanctioned" by the 10C Community. Didn't help that I waited this long to book.