MSG Group Hotel SOLD OUT & info for those booked!

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for all your help Janet
    Can't wait to see everyone there :)
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    has anyone stayed at this place...im reading some of the tripadvisor posts and getting alil skairwed
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    JC29856 wrote:
    has anyone stayed at this place...im reading some of the tripadvisor posts and getting alil skairwed

I haven't stayed there...as far as tripadvisor goes, take it with a grain of salt. if most people have good things to say then it's fine...the tricky thing with TA is that anyone can post, so if I work for Marriott and want to drive people to my hotel, I can post something negative on TA...

88% of people who posted gave the Windgate a thumbs up, with 294 people giving it an average or better rating, and 39 giving it a poor rating. I think we'll be OK :-)

88% Recommend

323 reviews
    Excellent 154
    Very good 121
    Average 19
    Poor 20
    Terrible 9
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Walked by the Wingate today, it looks kinda nice! The street itself is kinda dodgy but most streets around that area kinda are. The actual hotel itself looks really modern though, and you are really close to MSG, Macys and K-town!

Some suggestions:

For coffee lovers, there are two really good coffee places within walking distance
    Stumptown coffee: 29th st between 5th & Broadway in the Ace Hotel
    http://www.stumptowncoffee.com/locations/nyc-ace

Culture espresso: 38th st between 5th & 6th
    http://cultureespresso.com/

For late night dining, K-town (32nd street between 5th & 6th) has a ton of Korean restaurants that stay open late

:mrgreen:
    Thanks for that, Suziemay :-) mmmm coffee and Korean food....

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    ive stayed at the wingate before. Its good
    oh and are there any of these rooms left? I may be in the market,
    MayDay10 wrote:
    oh and are there any of these rooms left? I may be in the market,

yes--as of now there are still rooms available at our rate!! Just let me know what you need and I'll take care of it for you :-)

yes, I will. I just have to speak to my friend. He might want to stay at his place in Stamford, but I really dont have any urge to take the train so much in a few days.

Regardless, much appreesh for you putting this opportunity together.
  • Mahalo Janet for all your efforts your doing a terrific job! 8-)
    Friday morning bump!!

I'm in the office until 600 today for those still wanting reservations :-)

Sunday morning bump...looks like we'll be adding a couple more rooms to our group block :-)

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Sunday morning bump...looks like we'll be adding a couple more rooms to our group block :-)

Cool...lol! Have we filled up the place yet?

What a party this is going to be! :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    BUMP
    tomorrow we'll be up to 26 rooms :-)

And, keep in mind that if you're not sure, you can always book a room and cancel or change your reservation, as long as you do so at least 48 hours prior to arrival!!

• :shock:
    Damn! Nice job Janet! I hope you're getting the presidential suite out of this. You should go back in a lobby for a deeper discount if we can hit 30+ ;)
    :shock:
    Damn! Nice job Janet! I hope you're getting the presidential suite out of this. You should go back in a lobby for a deeper discount if we can hit 30+ ;)

LOL!! If we get (and keep) 30, it can't hurt for me to ask!

mmmm....presidential suite....

we're up to 29 rooms!!

IMPORTANT: for those of you who are thinking about booking, there are only 4 rooms with two duble beds available for May 19-22!!!! There are plenty of King bed rooms left....just keep in mind that you can cancel at least 48 hours before arrival, so it's better to have a room booked then it is to be shut out...

• edited March 2010
    :shock:

LOL!! If we get (and keep) 30, it can't hurt for me to ask!

Yeah, about that suite. I'm happily married with child, I'm clean, I buy free booze/merch/etc., and I have the ability to sleep curled up in corners of rooms thus not taking up much space. Oh yeah, and I don't snore or use the hairdryer either. Just sayin' ;)
    p.s.- I do enjoy stealing the soaps and shower caps however
    Post edited by STONEd and dAMENT-ED on
    30 rooms and Janet gets a set of free steak knives. Lets go people!

Yeah, about that suite. I'm happily married with child, I'm clean, I buy free booze/merch/etc., and I have the ability to sleep curled up in corners of rooms thus not taking up much space. Oh yeah, and I don't snore or use the hairdryer either. Just sayin' ;)
    p.s.- I do enjoy stealing the soaps and shower caps however

You guys can share with us...I'm sure Mike won't mind a few extra bodies around the Pres Suite ;-)

hold the phone! I thought I was getting the Pres Suite...now you're telling me steak knives!?!

**thinks for a second** hm. are they ginsu knives? can they cut through a shoe?

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hey all i'm only coming in for msg2...if anyone is looking for a roomie to help cut down on costs, keep me in mind.
    I love to turn you on

hold the phone! I thought I was getting the Pres Suite...now you're telling me steak knives!?!

**thinks for a second** hm. are they ginsu knives? can they cut through a shoe?

You laugh, but you can turn around and cut through a tomato right after.
  • Janet I tried to call you today but was told you were off today :(

I'd like to get in on this deal for Thursday and Friday night
    A room with 2 beds is what I'm looking for. Please save one if you can for me I'll call you tomorrow with all my CC info Thanks for getting this rate

Joe from CT
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
    Janet I tried to call you today but was told you were off today :(

I'd like to get in on this deal for Thursday and Friday night
    A room with 2 beds is what I'm looking for. Please save one if you can for me I'll call you tomorrow with all my CC info Thanks for getting this rate

Joe from CT

just sent you a PM...we'll get you in!

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ fanatics taking over this place...lol, we have 1/3 the capacity!

Party in the mini suite

Mini Suites

For those seeking the ultimate in comfort our luxurious mini suites feature all of the amenities of our standard guest rooms and are perfect for an intimate cocktail party, entertaining small groups or simply indulging yourself and a loved one.

Mini Suite Amenities Include:

* King Size Bed
    * Spacious Separate Living Room
    * Private Terrace
    * Flat-Screen TV in each Room

what about the bar(s) in this place?
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 728
    With that many rooms booked they should let us use one of the suites for a hospitality room!
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
    JC29856 wrote:
    PJ fanatics taking over this place...lol, we have 1/3 the capacity!

Party in the mini suite

Mini Suites

For those seeking the ultimate in comfort our luxurious mini suites feature all of the amenities of our standard guest rooms and are perfect for an intimate cocktail party, entertaining small groups or simply indulging yourself and a loved one.

Mini Suite Amenities Include:

* King Size Bed
    * Spacious Separate Living Room
    * Private Terrace
    * Flat-Screen TV in each Room

what about the bar(s) in this place?

Excellent! I was wondering what total capacity of the place was. 1/3 is a good showing...is it booked solid yet? Can we work towards 5/8??
    31 rooms...and only 2 rooms with two double beds left!!!!