"$3.50 Ten Club handling Fee"?

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    SolarWorld wrote:
    If people have problems with paying a $3.50 service fee to help take care of the tenclub and their people, they have bigger issues to worry about. Like how they pay for food day to day $3.50? You cant even get a large Starfucks for that. Hell you can barely get a fast food meal for that.

Everyone's costs have gone up. Everywhere. Have you complainers stopped to think maybe Ten Club LLC provides benefits to their employees? Perhaps these benis have gone up? Maybe rent at the spot they are at has gone up. Maybe the merchant account they have has increased their rates on transactions. There are any number of reasons for this charge. I wish people would just the thing they have between their shoulders.

In the end if you are really that mad, DO NOT RENEW!

are the band millionaires? do they need to make $x every tour per individual, why not make $y... couldn't the band members in this tough financial time take a 10% hit on their 'profit' per tour? are they really that hard up?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    If people have problems with paying a $3.50 service fee to help take care of the tenclub and their people, they have bigger issues to worry about. Like how they pay for food day to day $3.50? You cant even get a large Starfucks for that. Hell you can barely get a fast food meal for that.

Everyone's costs have gone up. Everywhere. Have you complainers stopped to think maybe Ten Club LLC provides benefits to their employees? Perhaps these benis have gone up? Maybe rent at the spot they are at has gone up. Maybe the merchant account they have has increased their rates on transactions. There are any number of reasons for this charge. I wish people would just the thing they have between their shoulders.

no.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I pay $52 a year for the right to work in the city of Harrisburg, so $3.50...

We may have paid service fee before, this is the first time we've seen it. First time we've seen charity before and the band has said, ticket money is going to a local charity at shows.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    dunkman wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

are the band millionaires? do they need to make $x every tour per individual, why not make $y... couldn't the band members in this tough financial time take a 10% hit on their 'profit' per tour? are they really that hard up?

Maybe they could, but why should they ? That makes no sense. And they aren't the only ones in their organization.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    The idolatry around here is sickening.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    The blatant stupidity around here is sickening.
  • look, everyone knows they are sellouts, like most bands, and most people. they are full of shit just like every other douchebag rockstar. but the live shows kick ass. so if its worth it to you to buy them, go ahead. dont worry about it. just accept it and move on.
    MrSmith wrote:
    look, everyone knows they are sellouts, like most bands, and most people. they are full of shit just like every other douchebag rockstar. but the live shows kick ass. so if its worth it to you to buy them, go ahead. dont worry about it. just accept it and move on.

If that's really what you think, then why do you post here? If you have contempt for a band or org why would you spend time on their website? You care enough to complain but.....?
  • MrSmith wrote:
    look, everyone knows they are sellouts, like most bands, and most people. they are full of shit just like every other douchebag rockstar. but the live shows kick ass. so if its worth it to you to buy them, go ahead. dont worry about it. just accept it and move on.

+1
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • MrSmith wrote:

I think you are exactly right but with PJ it is an extremely hard thing to admit. Viewing them in this sellout light changes the bands morals and, for me at least, that takes away from some of the power of the lyrics that Eddie wrote. You want to be able to relate to the values of the person whose poetry you are connecting to.
    But again I happen to think you are right,is blatant sell-outness worse than this masquarade that PJ does?
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
    DS114969 wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Maybe they could, but why should they ? That makes no sense. And they aren't the only ones in their organization.

why should they? what don't you understand... in the current economic climate people are losing jobs, incomes, benefits, etc and rising costs of basic general living and you think its ok for the band to RAISE prices of their tickets knowing full well that people are struggling... fuck, even Ed sent a letter to people on here because his buddy Tom Tomorrow was a victim of this global credit crisis... and you don't think that perhaps the band, who probably dont NEED the money can't take a 15% hit on their profits during this time of people struggling?

wow.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    dunkman wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

why should they? what don't you understand... in the current economic climate people are losing jobs, incomes, benefits, etc and rising costs of basic general living and you think its ok for the band to RAISE prices of their tickets knowing full well that people are struggling... fuck, even Ed sent a letter to people on here because his buddy Tom Tomorrow was a victim of this global credit crisis... and you don't think that perhaps the band, who probably dont NEED the money can't take a 15% hit on their profits during this time of people struggling?

wow.

dunk for the win.
    Yeah Pearl Jam should just go broke being one of the best live bands in the world. They don't deserve being paid for working at something for 20+ years. They totally don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. They don't donate personal items and signed shit for charities and people. None of that right? :roll:
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Yeah Pearl Jam should just go broke being one of the best live bands in the world. They don't deserve being paid for working at something for 20+ years. They totally don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. They don't donate personal items and signed shit for charities and people. None of that right? :roll:

do you really think they are going broke? Phish can play the garden for 50 bucks a pop yet Pearl Jam is starving at 85 bucks a pop?
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    dunkman wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

wow.

Rock concerts are not for poor people.
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    I agree with the op, the money is not the issue. I will most certainly pay probably 3 times what ticket prices are just to see pearl jam. The issue is how things have changed, they once fought fees and now they have one of their own, shouldn't our membership cover this?

also the argument that the tenclub has to take care of their people so the fee is justified is ridiculous, how many people that use that argument to support that tenclub use that argument to support the ticketmaster fee. I don't see anyone on this board running to defend ticketmaster fees for the people that work there. Pearl jam is a business too, now more than ever, and this is what people have a problem with not the fact that they have to pay an extra 3.50 to see their favorite band
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    SolarWorld wrote:

do you really think they are going broke? Phish can play the garden for 50 bucks a pop yet Pearl Jam is starving at 85 bucks a pop?

Its a figure of speech...

Perhaps Pearl Jam pays their crew more than the average big band, maybe they donate more to each city they play in.

Perhaps you all are idiots and I'm done pointing out the big red wall in front of you.
  • SolarWorld wrote:

How can you insult the stupidity on the board and post something as stupid as this? Saying the band does charity is not the point. this isnt an evil or good conversation. Its a tough time for the country and its clear PJ isnt taking this into account with their ticket prices.
    Yeah I just stepped on Jesus's toe.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,363
    SolarWorld wrote:

Who has said that they shouldn't get paid? The funny thing is that if they raised the annual membership fee to $25.00 to cover rising costs, most people wouldn't bat an eye (some would, but most wouldn't). But when you see an unexplained fee tacked onto your ticket price from a band that used to rail against unexplained fees, you can understand why this might rankle someone. I don't understand why you're so offended that this bothers some people.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    coaljam wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

How can you insult the stupidity on the board and post something as stupid as this? Saying the band does charity is not the point. this isnt an evil or good conversation. Its a tough time for the country and its clear PJ isnt taking this into account with their ticket prices.

How do you "insult stupidity"? Thats a new one for me.

later clueless complainers...
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    SolarWorld wrote:

Broke? Hahaha. So after doing a solo tour and charging $80 a ticket Ed is broke? And he didn't make a dime for the into the wild soundtrack? And Target didn't give them a lump sum for Backspacer? And they aren't getting paid for their music being used in all of these TV shows? And they don't get any money from poster sales or t-shirt sales? I'm sure they didn't make hundreds of thousands on the Spectrum show tickets and merch. And that article a few months ago that said they made $25 million touring from 2006-2008 must have been false. You are totally right...they must be broke.

And kudos to them for donating autographed posters for charity and $2 per ticket of MY MONEY to the charity of their choice.

Solar, are you a fan of ticketmaster service charges?

And this thread has gotten hostile. Lets try to tone it down a bit.
    SolarWorld wrote:

No they aren't going broke, but people seem to forget that Pearl Jam is a business and the goal of a business is to maximize profits. Could the band charge less? Yes, of course they could. But why should they if they don't have to? I know its hard for so many of you to accept, but they want to make money for themselves and the people that work for them. It doesn't matter what Ed said 15 years ago he obviously changed his mind. Concert tickets are a luxury item, and if people can't afford them then they can't go. I find $75/ticket pretty reasonable for most sections. I don't think that's reasonable for a nose bleed section so if that was my only option, I wouldn't go.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    coaljam wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with what you and the OP are saying. However, going by what has happened today, there is still quite the demand there for the band. People are always going to complain about ticket prices, yet still buy (or try to) tickets. Unfortunately, all the band sees if every seat filled.
  • they could of just buried the 3.50 in the cost of the ticket. Maybe its for accounting purposes. Maybe 10C LLC is its own entity and has costs and revenues it needs to show. That same $3.50 will probably end up being 15.50 on TM.
    Gorge
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276
    The $3.50 fee is by no means out of the ordinary, it appears to be perfectly reasonable, and if anything it is: cheap by comparison.

BUT

Any "fee" on top of the actual ticket price from a band that took ticketmaster to court over the same fees is absolutely, positively RIDICULOUS.

I am embarrased and I fear that this will get picked up as a story by rs, spin or pitchfork etc.
    SolarWorld wrote:

neither are man sized sheep outfits
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

If that's really what you think, then why do you post here? If you have contempt for a band or org why would you spend time on their website? You care enough to complain but.....?
    well for me personally, i dont care about their politics/beliefs and never have, but i like to point out hippocracy everytime some sheep talks about how great they are for keeping ticket prices down or some nonsense. i didnt care when Eddie was scrawling pro-choice on his arm, and i dont care now that he turns his shirt inside out because SNL said so. the music never changed for anyone (maybe), and the live shows are still great (if you can get to one), and thats all that matters to me.
  • dunkman wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

neither are man sized sheep outfits
    haha im not sure what that means but its funny anyway.
    SolarWorld wrote:

Broke? Hahaha. So after doing a solo tour and charging $80 a ticket Ed is broke? And he didn't make a dime for the into the wild soundtrack? And Target didn't give them a lump sum for Backspacer? And they aren't getting paid for their music being used in all of these TV shows? And they don't get any money from poster sales or t-shirt sales? I'm sure they didn't make hundreds of thousands on the Spectrum show tickets and merch. And that article a few months ago that said they made $25 million touring from 2006-2008 must have been false. You are totally right...they must be broke.

And kudos to them for donating autographed posters for charity and $2 per ticket of MY MONEY to the charity of their choice.

You guys just wont let me leave...

$25 million is what they GROSSED not what they put in their pockets. You are ignoring basic concepts like "increased operating costs" and "inflation". Im not hostile just pointing out the painfully obvious. But Im done now. Make sure you guys dont renew!
    SolarWorld wrote:

The band has been rich for a long time..I'm not sure what your point is? Since they are alrady rich they should try to make less money?