"$3.50 Ten Club handling Fee"?

hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
edited March 2010 in The Porch
What the hell is this for? Shouldn't our $20 a year cover that?

"$3.50 Ten Club handling fee, $2.00 charity donation, and a $4.50 venue fee."

They were so against service charges back in the day now and they have their own. And what do you get for it? 60 minutes of wasted refreshes, carts being emptied, error message and general disgust. Lets say they have 1000 tickets at $3.50 per that's $3500 per show for literally stuffing tickets in an envelope at Will Call. Thanks 10 Club!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    Are you really complaining about $3.50?

Wow!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • What the hell is this for? Shouldn't our $20 a year cover that?

They were so against service charges back in the day now and they have their own. And what do you get for it? 60 minutes of wasted refreshes, carts being emptied, error message and general disgust. Lets say they have 1000 tickets at $3.50 per that's $3500 per show for literally stuffing tickets in an envelope at Will Call. Thanks 10 Club!

You like to get paid for your job, don't you? The Ten Club rocks... Always answer your questions asap, very helpful. So yes, Thanks Ten Club! :mrgreen:
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Kanye East wrote:

Wow!

Would you appreciate a $3.50 service charge every time you shop at Target after paying $20 to get in the door?
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973

You like to get paid for your job, don't you? The Ten Club rocks... Always answer your questions asap, very helpful. So yes, Thanks Ten Club! :mrgreen:

Ten Club only rocks when people get tickets lol.

or Philly bootlegs.
  • melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    They're using everyone's $3.50 to save up to add an extra 10 users' worth of capacity to the ticket server for next tour.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    *facepalm

What the hell is wrong with people?
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    edited March 2010
    Kanye East wrote:

Wow!

Would you appreciate a $3.50 service charge every time you shop at Target after paying $20 to get in the door?

You pay $20 A YEAR. Give me a break. If you dont like it then dont renew your membership.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13

I would hope our $20 membership fee plus the millions they take in from touring, merch and album sales would take care of the 10 club salaries. Unless Kat and everyone are making 7 figures a year.

I'm not blasting the club directly for this....they are just following orders from management and the band.
  • Are you really getting on the op for complaining about a bs charge added to his already overpriced tickets?
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
    I'm pretty sure every single person here bitches about Ticketmaster service charges. So why are you defending a $3.50 Ten Club service charge? You are hypocrites.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,836
    Easy.

Say you pay $150 for two tickets, including various fees. Your buddy pays half of the $150 for his ticket and buys you a few beers at (or before) the show.

Problem solved and you've made your money back. Hell, with the price of beer these days, if you drink enough beers, he's probably made your $20 10C membership fee worth it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Who cares? Most of us have bigger things to worry about than 3.50 :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    Kanye East wrote:

Wow!

I think people are just getting fed up with being nickel and dimed by this band. Overpriced tickets, and a lack of value with the fan club membership is tops of the list. Then add in a ticket handling charges, combined with poor ticket service and you get angry people.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    It's not the money. $3.50 is nothing. It's the principal. People kick and scream when other agencies charge a service fee but it's all well and dandy when Pearl Jam does. And in exchange for it, we get piece of shit servers.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Kanye East wrote:
    Kanye East wrote:

Wow!

You pay $20 A YEAR. Give me a break. If you dont like it then dont renew your membership.

what is it with the fucking sheep on this board. There are people on this forum who would pay $59 for a 48 minute vinyl recording of Ed combing his hair.... the sycophantic "oh i'd gladly pay $$$$ for a show, i'll pay whatever they tell me" is genuinely disturbing.

We all pay a $20 membership... I've never paid a 10C handling fee before so what do they need that for now that they didnt before? Probably so they can buy some computer program that will wipe away all the utter bullshit on here spouted by the fan(atic)s.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    You can make a difference - Just follow this guys footsteps! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125851
    It's not the money. $3.50 is nothing. It's the principal. People kick and scream when other agencies charge a service fee but it's all well and dandy when Pearl Jam does. And in exchange for it, we get piece of shit servers.

exactly. It's very sad that the fans and even the band have strayed from alot of their core principles over the last few years. Dare to question the mighty pearl jam and be looked down upon the mightly legion of douchebags hanging on every word.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • veddey29veddey29 Posts: 17
    i will pay the fee and go see PJ, but i do have to say i agree with hopethatuchoke about the fight with ticketmaster for those same types of charges. why are they now charging those fees? are people too young to remember that fight and no tour for a few years?
    chicago 03, grand rapids 04, cleveland 06, detroit 06, chicago 09, nobelsville 10, detroit 14, greenville 16, chicago 16
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the question asked by the OP. It's a valid question that in all fairness, should be responded to in some form by the 10Club.
    We pay our fees, they should in turn respond to any concerns or issues we have with the product, and the overall running of the club when it directly affects each and every one of us.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Kanye East wrote:

Wow!

You don't think Target factors that in the price of their goods. I work at a hotel and it costs us $35.00 to cover everyone working and the utility use per room per night. Anything above that is profit. So, Im pretty sure Target factors in their fees in some how. They are not a major corporation or anything (sarcasim).
  • I'm pretty sure every single person here bitches about Ticketmaster service charges. So why are you defending a $3.50 Ten Club service charge? You are hypocrites.
    +1
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the question asked by the OP. It's a valid question that in all fairness, should be responded to in some form by the 10Club.
    We pay our fees, they should in turn respond to any concerns or issues we have with the product, and the overall running of the club when it directly affects each and every one of us.

If we have concerns, we should e-mail or write the club or the band's management in a thoughtful and respectful way. Has the OP done this yet?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    DS114969 wrote:

If we have concerns, we should e-mail or write the club or the band's management in a thoughtful and respectful way. Has the OP done this yet?

This is a discussion board, where people discuss things.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    DS114969 wrote:

This is a discussion board, where people discuss things.

I know it is and I have no problem with the post, but I think if the OP and others are really serious about their complaints it would make sense to do something more productive about it yeah?
  • I don't understand how PJ fans cannot realize the op is complaining about principle more than the actual money. Have we all forgotten how PJ was all about their fans, cheap tickets, no selling out to the "man". These crazy ticket prices, the ridiculous add on charges, and not to mention the crap that is "speed of sound", should all be wake up calls to this new corporate outlook that has a hold over the band.
    I guess after 20 years as rich rockstars youre bound to lose touch with the people at some time. It was good while it lasted though.

Long live PJ 1990- 2003
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
    If people have problems with paying a $3.50 service fee to help take care of the tenclub and their people, they have bigger issues to worry about. Like how they pay for food day to day $3.50? You cant even get a large Starfucks for that. Hell you can barely get a fast food meal for that.

Everyone's costs have gone up. Everywhere. Have you complainers stopped to think maybe Ten Club LLC provides benefits to their employees? Perhaps these benis have gone up? Maybe rent at the spot they are at has gone up. Maybe the merchant account they have has increased their rates on transactions. There are any number of reasons for this charge. I wish people would just the thing they have between their shoulders.

In the end if you are really that mad, DO NOT RENEW!
    coaljam wrote:
    I don't understand how PJ fans cannot realize the op is complaining about principle more than the actual money. Have we all forgotten how PJ was all about their fans, cheap tickets, no selling out to the "man". These crazy ticket prices, the ridiculous add on charges, and not to mention the crap that is "speed of sound", should all be wake up calls to this new corporate outlook that has a hold over the band.
    I guess after 20 years as rich rockstars youre bound to lose touch with the people at some time. It was good while it lasted though.

Long live PJ 1990- 2003

The principle of the argument is completely flawed and insane.
    SolarWorld wrote:
    If people have problems with paying a $3.50 service fee to help take care of the tenclub and their people, they have bigger issues to worry about. Like how they pay for food day to day $3.50? You cant even get a large Starfucks for that. Hell you can barely get a fast food meal for that.

Everyone's costs have gone up. Everywhere. Have you complainers stopped to think maybe Ten Club LLC provides benefits to their employees? Perhaps these benis have gone up? Maybe rent at the spot they are at has gone up. Maybe the merchant account they have has increased their rates on transactions. There are any number of reasons for this charge. I wish people would just the thing they have between their shoulders.

Wow Solar, I didn't think I would agree with you 100 %. Well said.
    SolarWorld wrote:

Nobody fucking cares about the actual dollar amount. I shit 3.50 out my ass. It's the principle of the whole thing.

And why don't you use the thing you have between your shoulders for your own thoughts and not for mindless hero worship.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    coaljam wrote:
    I don't understand how PJ fans cannot realize the op is complaining about principle more than the actual money. Have we all forgotten how PJ was all about their fans, cheap tickets, no selling out to the "man". These crazy ticket prices, the ridiculous add on charges, and not to mention the crap that is "speed of sound", should all be wake up calls to this new corporate outlook that has a hold over the band.

Long live PJ 1990- 2003

The principle of the argument is completely flawed and insane.

Please enlighten me. What principle are you taliking about?