Ticket Prices (my beef)

1235»

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dunkman wrote:
    they played in 2000. thats why i gave the cost for the Wembley Arena show that KOL played that very same year.

ticket for KOL was £30 ($55)
    ticket for PJ was £55 ($85)

this was the same for the O2 last year...

i don't know what the opening act has to do with it as PJ played Dublin back in 2006? and they had some wee local guy called Paddy Casey come on that no-one, including the irish folks, had heard much of... :D;)

well ... the opening act has to get paid too and i think the amount of time they get access to the venue is relevant as well ...

my personal opinion is that i think the price is reasonably fair based on the assumption that they pay their long-time crew and staff well ... it's not the cheapest ticket by any stretch but it isn't the most expensive either ... i have also said that i do feel for people who can't afford the ticket price as it is a lot of money but at the same time i think they are fair ...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    For comparison, these are all shows with comparable seating. The prices are correct because I'm staring at the ticket stubs (or order confirmations)...includes all fees...face value cost out the door...

Tom Petty, Comcast Center, August 2010, $87
    Pearl Jam, TD Garden, May 2010, $85
    Muse, TD Garden, March 2010, $75
    Tool, Verizon Wireless Arena, August 2009, $62
    Metallica, TD Garden, January 2009, $95
    Radiohead, Tweeter Center, August 2008, $73
    Rush, Tweeter Center, June 2008, $82
    R.E.M., Tweeter Center, June 2008, $90

Save your opinions on the band...these are all arenas and sheds and the seats are as good or worse than the Pearl Jam seats (covered seating or floor, depending). They're right in line with what arena and shed tickets go for. If these shows are selling out, why in the hell would they consider dropping the price? That's beyond stupid. You cut the price in half, it makes it HARDER to get tickets...more fall in the hands of scalpers and you wind up paying the same price anyhow. The band just gets less. If you're really upset about the ticket prices, vote with your wallet and stay home. This passive/aggressive bullshit of insinuating or flat out calling the band greedy then buying the tickets anyway is insane.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    whoops
  • hm
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.