Options

UPDATED: Collection for Pearl Jam Fan Bashed In Sydney

Comments

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    haha! thank you my favorite greek pj fan!

power to the crips! <----my people :lol:

i mean did you hear about the USA war vet wheelchair user that was beaten with trashcans at mcDonalds?
    at least cnn gave him some air time.
    usually there's no press. and this stuff happens everyday. disabled hate crimes are ignored.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    hey paul - i sent some money accross - did it not show up???? :?
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    zenith wrote:
    hey paul - i sent some money accross - did it not show up???? :?

Yep got it :)
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Bump for a collection total.
  • Options
    There have been a few last minute donations. So far I've collected:

500 US (give or take for exchange rates and paypal). It came in five (CDN, US, AUD, Punds od Euros) different currencies so a bit of grey ara depending on what currency converter you use.

Considering I have about half of the donors, I'd say we've done it. :lol:
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    There have been a few last minute donations. So far I've collected:

500 US (give or take for exchange rates and paypal). It came in five (CDN, US, AUD, Punds od Euros) different currencies so a bit of grey ara depending on what currency converter you use.

Considering I have about half of the donors, I'd say we've done it. :lol:

Cool.....any word on how Heath is doing??
  • Options
    I hear he is at home and doing well. He is blown away by the support of you all.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    wow ....good to hear.i know this guy grew up with him. a real good guy. if anyone is in contact with Heath let him know i have a ticket to both msg shows for him if anyway he could go.................let me know not in touch with him anymore but he knows who i am.in winnipeg here
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl wrote:
    wow ....good to hear.i know this guy grew up with him. a real good guy. if anyone is in contact with Heath let him know i have a ticket to both msg shows for him if anyway he could go.................let me know not in touch with him anymore but he knows who i am.in winnipeg here

He's on facebook :)
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    wpg pearl wrote:

Mate, how nice of you!
    Almost makes me wanna get beat up...... 8-)

Here's a pat on the back for all of us, especially the two Pauls..** Pat Pat**.
    We are AWESOME!! :D
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 53
    Would like to thank the Pearl Jam family! There has been an overwhelming amount of support from the JAMILY. I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago. Stone had jotted down a few lines of encouragment... Ed drew a wave at the top of the page and wrote he was thinking of me... Jeff a small note on the edge of page .. get well soon, and Mike with a get well socked amongst the others along with Matt... lol All on an NBC letterhead. I am doing great.. on the mend.. managed to block most of the blows.. was fighting for my life, a very surreal experience! The hardest part now I am finding is the flashbacks and dealing with the mental issues.. everyday is a new day. Thanks all... will keep you updated.

much love
    Heath Proden
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Guitarded wrote:
    Would like to thank the Pearl Jam family! There has been an overwhelming amount of support from the JAMILY. I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago. Stone had jotted down a few lines of encouragment... Ed drew a wave at the top of the page and wrote he was thinking of me... Jeff a small note on the edge of page .. get well soon, and Mike with a get well socked amongst the others along with Matt... lol All on an NBC letterhead. I am doing great.. on the mend.. managed to block most of the blows.. was fighting for my life, a very surreal experience! The hardest part now I am finding is the flashbacks and dealing with the mental issues.. everyday is a new day. Thanks all... will keep you updated.

much love
    Heath Proden
    This just made my day :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden

:wave: :thumbup: great, awesome news! all the best and good luck for your upcoming day-by-day recovering, it will get better and better, you seem to be a strong, very strong person.

Greetings from the other side of the world
    Yvonne
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden
    i feel honor that u update us and show your love to all..
    Thank u Sir and keep recoviring fast
    cheers from sunny Greece
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden

Just wow. Wow wow wow wow.

You know i said a while back in this thread, If Pj were to make this gesture they would do so behind closed doors, and very much out of the limelight. And they did, they really are one great bunch of guys.

Glad you are recovering well Heath, they say time is the best healer...hope you like your gifts anyway, it is hoped they will be on route to you within the next few days.

again WOW
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 53
    YES.. was very nice it was out of the limelight... wish it was under different circumstances.Time, laughter and PJ heals all.

Thanks again everyone.

Heath Proden
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden

:D
    So glad the band got in on it.
    Good to hear you are doing well!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden

So nice of the guys to do that...
    I hope it has lifted your spirits and has helped with your recovery :)
    Take Care :) x
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Thats one more reason why i love this band! Not making it official, creating a very special moment for Heath!
    WOW!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    wow just read through this thread - very touching - you guys are the best
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    These are so beautiful news Heath. I am so proud to be a fan of this cool band here. All the best for your recovery. I hope you will enjoy the little gift. 8-)
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Little update for all in this thread

the seller of the item wanted to ship only to me as I paid him the money (a paypal protectionary thing and prefectly understandable - he even threw shipping to me in for free), so the great news is that it landed with me today.

Im now liasing with Paul to get these on their way to Heath tomorrow. The next update i hope will then be heath confirming receipt....
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    great, thanks! i was already wondering about the progress :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Thanks for the update and AWESOME story Heath. That is SO GREAT what the band did for you!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Thank you and Paul for doing this great thing for fellow PJ fan :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    OceanStone wrote:
    Thank you and Paul for doing this great thing for fellow PJ fan :D
  • Options
    We're almost there the item has left Europe an is about to make it's move from the UK to Australia. Given Heath's great news, it may be it's final destination, or maybe onto Canada. It's going to see a bit of the world this month :)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Any pics of the goods?
    What did we get him lol?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Has the parcel been delivered yet? :)