Options

UPDATED: Collection for Pearl Jam Fan Bashed In Sydney

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    its on its way....the ash cloud didnt help one bit, and heath moved address...aarrrggghhh
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    pdalowsky wrote:
    its on its way....the ash cloud didnt help one bit, and heath moved address...aarrrggghhh

Oh yeah I forgot about the Ash...sent a card to the UK last monday I wondered why It hadnt
    arrived yet then I remembered last night...

Cool I hope he likes it :)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot about the Ash...sent a card to the UK last monday I wondered why It hadnt
    arrived yet then I remembered last night...

Cool I hope he likes it :)

Its been gone about 2 weeks now and heath has redirected his post from the address we had to use, so he should have it any day....he has the tracking number too, so im praying it hits him before he leaves for Canada, otherwise this thing may well find its way back to the sender....ME!!!

nightmare.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    What is the gift again?
    I don't think I ever read what it was or was told lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    What is the gift again?
    I don't think I ever read what it was or was told lol

I think they didn't want it posted on the board until it has been received so that it would be a surprise ;)

Paul pm'd people with the info
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    :twisted: 8-) :P I know what it is.........

Any more news?
  • Options
    i havent heard from Heath yet and he said he'd contact me on receipt :cry:
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I bumped into Heath yesterday at LA airport. We actually caught the same flight from Sydney to LA. What are the odds hey? He's recovered and hoping to catch a show.

Unfortunately the package did not arrive before his departure but there is a forwarding address set up for when it does arrive.
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    I bumped into Heath yesterday at LA airport. We actually caught the same flight from Sydney to LA. What are the odds hey? He's recovered and hoping to catch a show.

Unfortunately the package did not arrive before his departure but there is a forwarding address set up for when it does arrive.

Oh very cool...sounds like a sideways storyline from Lost...

Namaste
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

Lets hope it doesn't end up with Mr Snuggleton.
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

Lets hope it doesn't end up with Mr Snuggleton.

or my No Code polaroids I sent off to France :?
  • Options
    The item was insured so if the worst happens, we're covered - I hope. :)
  • Options
    Insurance is good, but I wonder, if it did get lost in the mail, would it be able to be replaced?

Sending more good wishes to Heath, his Family and the Jamily :wave:
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 53

Hey there guys...made it to Winnipeg, will let you know as soon as package arrives in Australia address. Hope you all have a great time at the shows and THANKS again for all the support... nice seeing you Paul have an awesome trip.
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    Guitarded wrote:

Hey there guys...made it to Winnipeg, will let you know as soon as package arrives in Australia address. Hope you all have a great time at the shows and THANKS again for all the support... nice seeing you Paul have an awesome trip.
    great stuff Heath

checked the tracking number and the main info is this: -

Your item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

sounds good to me!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Any word?.....
    I hope it arrived....
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Any word?.....
    I hope it arrived....

It's been a while, anyone seen a snail with an awsome package on it's back heading for Oz?
    Maybe we should have strapped it to Flipper?
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Any word?.....
    I hope it arrived....

It's been a while, anyone seen a snail with an awsome package on it's back heading for Oz?
    Maybe we should have strapped it to Flipper?

nothing....i think the problem being is heath left the address before it arrived and it was forwarded to his new address out there, but he left that one too having post redirected again back to canada....god knows how that works....the poor bloody snail!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Was there a tracking number assigned to the package?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Yes D, but once royal mail release it and hand it over to the resident countrys post service i think the tracking is over - its then a matter between royal mail and Oz post.

Last time i checked - it was in Australia to be delivered, but as I said Heath has moved twice since!!!! so it may now end up in Canada.....in hindsight we should have just sent it there and not try and get it to him before it was possible.

Worst case scenario - they have my return address both inside the package and on the outside, so it'll end back in England i guess.....

hoping Heath gets on here soon though with a big cheesy grin
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yes D, but once royal mail release it and hand it over to the resident countrys post service i think the tracking is over - its then a matter between royal mail and Oz post.

Last time i checked - it was in Australia to be delivered, but as I said Heath has moved twice since!!!! so it may now end up in Canada.....in hindsight we should have just sent it there and not try and get it to him before it was possible.

Worst case scenario - they have my return address both inside the package and on the outside, so it'll end back in England i guess.....

hoping Heath gets on here soon though with a big cheesy grin

Yeah must be over 2mths now....
    Should've put it on Backspacers back :)
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    This is such a downer :lol: We are all waiting to see some pics and hear a reply! Hopefully it'll turn up sooner rather than later! ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    aus_suz wrote:
    Any word?.....
    I hope it arrived....
    No update on this yet? :?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    I'm chasing this down with Australia Post, but it seems aussie post is full of Newmans too. :x

I've tracked it as far as getting into Australia on May 1 and received by Australia Post. It was then sent to one of two post offices in that post code area for local delivery. One has no records of it getting there so I'm trying the second post office. I'm waiting on the second post office to get back to me, but as I said... Newman :x :x :x :x .

Because Heath left Australia in early May, it should have been delivered to the forwarding address he left, or at least a notification of a parcell pickup left there for someone to go down to the post office to pick it up. They think maybe this was left at the old address if the redirection had not started yet. I hope not.

At the very worst, they say it will eventually find it's way back to sender, but it may sit in an uncollected mail room for a while, fidning that room it the challenge. I'm going to keep trying... :?
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    We all appreciate your efforts in making this vision a reality! Keep up the good work and try not to get too frustrated....it's worth it in the long run ;)

Thanks again guys!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    I'm chasing this down with Australia Post, but it seems aussie post is full of Newmans too. :x

I've tracked it as far as getting into Australia on May 1 and received by Australia Post. It was then sent to one of two post offices in that post code area for local delivery. One has no records of it getting there so I'm trying the second post office. I'm waiting on the second post office to get back to me, but as I said... Newman :x :x :x :x .

Because Heath left Australia in early May, it should have been delivered to the forwarding address he left, or at least a notification of a parcell pickup left there for someone to go down to the post office to pick it up. They think maybe this was left at the old address if the redirection had not started yet. I hope not.

At the very worst, they say it will eventually find it's way back to sender, but it may sit in an uncollected mail room for a while, fidning that room it the challenge. I'm going to keep trying... :?

fantastic Paul
  • Options
    ** Crickets **

It is not fair that people in the Australian Postal Office get first dibs. :twisted:
    Lets me be the first to offer condolences to Heath,.......it's lost or stolen. Sorry man, we tried. :|

( but on a seriouse note, if there is some PJ fan out there who got some special stuff that wasn't thiers, GIVE IT BACK!, thanks.)
  • Options
    Are u serious its going missing??
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905

D'oh! Newman planted a seed over in Australia? Bastard! :x

How are the phone calls to the Austraila Post reps? How many case numbers do you got for thy inqurie?
  • Options
    Are u serious its gone missing??? :(