Options

UPDATED: Collection for Pearl Jam Fan Bashed In Sydney

Comments

• Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Missing as in Australia Post admit receiving it but no-one I've spoken to yet knows where it is... yes.
    Missing as in lost... not yet.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Missing as in Australia Post admit receiving it but no-one I've spoken to yet knows where it is... yes.

Hopefully it will turn up...
    I've had some bad experiences with post....

Had a phone stolen from an express pak all I got with the empty box...
    Then recently I had to send an LG slider phone back to have the screen re-placed
    because of the previous phone stolen I was worried...
    The girl at the repair place assured me it would be delivered to the house
    and if no one was there they would leave me a note.
    I got home from work and laying in the middle of the deck was the parcel ...............grrr
    they didnt even place at the front door or on the door mat...just laying there...OMG....

I also had a missing ebay item...and it was missing for about 6 weeks then
    the post office 15k's away sent me a note saying I had a parcel to be collected and it was the item
    that was missing....god knows where that had been for the 6 weeks.
    Funnily enough I had already enquired at that post office about the item.

Hopefully Heaths parcel is sitting somewhere...
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Still no luck I'm guessing? What a bummer. For all involved! The Paul's put great effort into this so it's such a shame. Good luck with the continued parcel hunting. If I can be of any assistance let me know!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Easties wrote:
    Still no luck I'm guessing? What a bummer. For all involved! The Paul's put great effort into this so it's such a shame. Good luck with the continued parcel hunting. If I can be of any assistance let me know!

Yes, this is really annoying now.

Im kicking myself for taking the quick route to try and get this to him before he left Oz, should have sent it to canada, but that right there is the beauty of retrospect and hindsight.

I have hope this will turn up still, if not this is one of the finest Pj collectibles, that is ,largely unreplaceable lost forever :cry:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Easties wrote:

Im kicking myself for taking the quick route to try and get this to him before he left Oz, should have sent it to canada, but that right there is the beauty of retrospect and hindsight.

I have hope this will turn up still, if not this is one of the finest Pj collectibles, that is ,largely unreplaceable lost forever :cry:

Well lets hope whoever has possesion of it now appreciates it...
    Perhaps we should be keeping an eye on ebay to see if it comes up there :)
    Was the parcel insured???
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Easties wrote:

Well lets hope whoever has possesion of it now appreciates it...
    Perhaps we should be keeping an eye on ebay to see if it comes up there :)
    Was the parcel insured???

PM sent
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    what's the news on this?
    assuming it was insured, and sent to the person only(signature/id-required for pick up)
    thanks
  • Options
    what's the news on this?
    assuming it was insured, and sent to the person only(signature/id-required for pick up)
    thanks

It never made it to the person it was addressed to....
    Its missing in action...
    Its either lost...or its been pinched by someone :(
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    In the spirit of Australian humour
    Sucked in Heath!
    You just became the latest sucker of Australia Post.
    I know it's not funny...............

I declare a 2 minute silence for that unreplaceable peice of Pearl Jam that has now fallen into the hands of some arsehole who has no idea we will CONVERT them when we find them. :twisted:

Heath....We sent you our most powerful wishes and you recieved them....
    The PJ crowd got up to help you out,
    And just because we are a happening crowd, we bought you a gift aswell, but.....

But on the up side, if you do get your parcel, can you ask them if they have seen my No Code Pollaroids? THANKS :P .

I think it's time to reveal what Heath just lost in the mail ( bugga).
    :D
  • Options
    nice idea, I have some shots of it still......if people agree that is
  • Options
    YES!
    Lets post a wanted poster of Heaths get well gift so we all know who to pitch fork when we find it :D

8-)
    Post the pic please , Heath just has to be happy he has his health..... ;):D
  • Options
    1995_Vitalogy_Whiskey_Bottles.jpg

This was it guys...... :evil: :cry:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Damn, that's purty.
    Sh*t!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    pdalowsky wrote:

Damn.
  • Options
    I offer my condolences to all those Jack Daniel Pearl Jam fans out there.......but this gift has gone walk about.
    Sorry Heath, but it's the thought that counts right?

:twisted: now to find the postal worker!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    pdalowsky wrote:

:(

i betcha it got damaged through customs and probably leaked.
    taken in by the postage workers & consumed during their lunch break.
    those bastards! :evil:
  • Options
    I hope not as it was packaged wrapped in bubble wrap, totally wedged into a watertight mini cool bag zipped around - the bottles in the tin still - popped in a cardboard box full of polystyrene!!!!
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

:(

i betcha it got damaged through customs and probably leaked.
    taken in by the postage workers & consumed during their lunch break.
    those bastards! :evil:
  • Options
    I reckon we shouldve taken it to ACA or Today Tonight...........
    Someone must know where it is..
    We could tell of why we did this in the first place....
    someone might have a conscience....
    I hope they didnt skull it then chuck the bottles :)
  • Options
    I've been dealing Australia Post without much success other than being able to cross one post office is may have gone to off the list. However, this was just from bugging them hard on the phone and getting a sympathetic person who was willing to do what she could. They have suggested we put the complaint/lost item form in in writing and the paper trail may well then enable them to find it. The people I have spoken to are all optimistic is it sitting somewhere and we should see it again.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    aus_suz wrote:

Hopefully it will turn up...
    I've had some bad experiences with post....

Had a phone stolen from an express pak all I got with the empty box...
    Then recently I had to send an LG slider phone back to have the screen re-placed
    because of the previous phone stolen I was worried...
    The girl at the repair place assured me it would be delivered to the house
    and if no one was there they would leave me a note.
    I got home from work and laying in the middle of the deck was the parcel ...............grrr
    they didnt even place at the front door or on the door mat...just laying there...OMG....

I also had a missing ebay item...and it was missing for about 6 weeks then
    the post office 15k's away sent me a note saying I had a parcel to be collected and it was the item
    that was missing....god knows where that had been for the 6 weeks.
    Funnily enough I had already enquired at that post office about the item.

Hopefully Heaths parcel is sitting somewhere...

Aus Post are crooks.
    They stole a $50 note from a birthday card we mailed overseas to our cousin.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I've been dealing Australia Post without much success other than being able to cross one post office is may have gone to off the list. However, this was just from bugging them hard on the phone and getting a sympathetic person who was willing to do what she could. They have suggested we put the complaint/lost item form in in writing and the paper trail may well then enable them to find it. The people I have spoken to are all optimistic is it sitting somewhere and we should see it again.

Paul - check your email mate, a copy of the formal claim to royal mail is enclosed...hope this can help kick things into action out in Aus post
  • Options
    Any news yet???
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Any news yet???

very little progress,

however Royal mail have finally opened an investigation with aus post as to the whereabouts.

I filled in the forms stating it wasnt about the money and we just want the item back, they wrote bqack asking for a receipt showing its value.....I had to tell them three times, we just want it found, we are not interested in compensation at this stage.....

it pisses me off the first thing they do rather than look for it is try and pay out....what the hell is all that about

anyway i got a formal letter in the end saying we're investigating, please accept our apologies, and this could take 3 months to finalise.....that was about a month ago......our man in Aus (Paul A), also has a copy of this and is talking to aus post on my behalf (as the sender) to make further inroads.....I know this isnt lost, its stuck in a room somewhere....

Heath is aware of all efforts too.....
  • Options
    Should've probably got a poster or vinyl....
    There was probably some pissed mailman somewhere in Sydney ....
    Wondering what the hell Vitalogy had to do with Whisky :p
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Yeah perhaps, but i have no idea how they know what was in the package unless they opened it, do they do that out there?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Yeah perhaps, but i have no idea how they know what was in the package unless they opened it, do they do that out there?

I think customs do xrays if they dont open it...
    I reckon someone has mucked up somewhere....
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    As some of you might know, I own a liquor store and wine boutique and recently asked my Jack Daniels representative if they had ever seen or heard of this item to which they replied "In my 15 years with Jack, I've never seen this promotion. We have never collaborated with any artist".

He has since asked his head office in Louisiana and they agreed that no such item was ever created and that it's a fraud.

Does anyone have any insight?

I don't want to make any accusations about another pit member as they could have honestly believed they were aquiring a great collectible. I do however think it's important that people are aware that this product was never actually released.

My rep says it's simply a "couple of mini's with a homemade label in a tin can which used to hold Jack Daniels playing cards".

If he's wrong however, I would like to be able to let him know when or where it came about.

I see many of you mention it was a promo item. When/where/who released this item?

Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not this item is legit.

This all came from myself trying to locate the collectible in order to try and re-send it without having to obtain anymore money from pit members. Although I only donated $10 to the original collection, I'd still like to get to the bottom of this.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    It may well be an item not created by Jack Daniels themselves, but the item is a legitimate piece of Pearl Jam memorbillia. I beleive it was created/issued by the record company as gifts in their circles.

The last known location of the item, it was received by Australia post in Sydney and forwarded to their local post office network (as indicated by the tracking) but has gone missing since - most likely to the item being delayed by the volcano ash when leaving the UK and then missing Heath as he'd already left Australia.

I've tried to follow it up but they were unable/unwilling to give me much more information that I was unable to discover online because I was not the original sender or recipient.
  • Options
    The jack Daniels Promo is an official Sony Epic promo item...whether it is a jack daniels authorised product is of little importance really....Sony put this out to their top level execs....that much is known.

They are crazy limited though, and are nothing more than a standard jack two mini tin set with custom PJ artworks.

Superb items, and identifiable by the bar code on the bottom added by sony.....they should come with a second more standard beige insert card too.

Perhaps JD did authorise the giveaway, this is entirely plausible....it seems your rep wasnt even working with JD at the time this was made too, and Im sure not everyone at JD will be aware of it.....its a limited promo release for PJ....not really breaking news in the JD enterprise....I think they are more interested in huge promo activity or making the next single barrel that is numbered to add another $15 to the price tag ;)

I like your idea though, what a great thought......and its a shame it couldnt produce a result for Heath.

Note to paul - I did authorise Royal mail and Aus post to discuss the matter with you on my behalf? did that not work? I can write a letter giving you authority formally too if needed?
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    I'll pass on the information you guys have provided to him and see if there's anymore he can do or find out?

I really want to emphasize that I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. Regardless of the item being authentic or not, you two have gone through great lengths to do something amazing for a fellow fan and we all appreciate that! ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.