*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    6 minutes in and it is already shaping up to be a great game. Hope this pace keeps up.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    what a great chance for Mexico ... dammit!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I want both of these teams to get a loss. wish that was possible
    jimed14 wrote:
    what a great chance for Mexico ... dammit!!!

Yeah, gotta take advantage of that. They don't come around too often.
    The Fixer wrote:

I am no fan of Mexico but I would like to see them win this game.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they're USA's arch rivals right? they throw bags of piss at the american players when they play in mexico don't they? can't root for them, even if they're playing france.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they're USA's arch rivals right? they throw bags of piss at the american players when they play in mexico don't they? can't root for them, even if they're playing france.

I usually pull for all the CONCACAF teams before the rest of the world ... heck, I pull for the South Americans before the Euros.

But, my finace's dad is from Mexico ... and he's cool as fuck.

VAMOS MEXICO!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I completely forgot about that, yeahhhhh that changes things a bit. My thing is that I would like to see Concacaf teams play well and represent this region.

Edit: Beat me to it Jimed.
  • Nice open game this.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    vamos mexico!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Is it me, or are these refs favoring the French?

Seems like the Mexicans are getting whislted on challenges the French are not.

• What a dirty Bastard Toulalan is :twisted:

Mexico had a decent chance to ctach them on the break then.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The French...ungrateful. Like my history teacher in high school my senior year said, "We should've let Germany keep them."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    jimed14 wrote:
    Is it me, or are these refs favoring the French?

Seems like the Mexicans are getting whislted on challenges the French are not.

It is my opinion (and many other US fans) that CONCACAF, and particularly the US have had some terrible calls made against them in the WC that almost seem to be too terrible to be blamed solely on a blown call. FIFA does not really want a CONCACAF team to win the WC unless that team happens to be hosting it, IMO.
  • Kudos to the Mexican fans in the crowd. You can actually hear the crowd at times over the wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...........
    edited June 2010
    Argentina and South Korea was a great, great game. The scoreline is harsh against Korea as until they scored the third goal they were right in it and they should have made it 2 - 2 at one point. South Korea will qualify i think.

Greece are lucky, until that sending off they were literally nothing. Worst team in the competition by far. A win won't save them tho, Argentina will destroy them (Sorry D)

France v Mexico should be intersting. I think Mexico could win this one (I hope so). Mexico need this win more as they have yet to face Uruguay who are proving to be a decent foe. You would expect France even with all their problems to beat South Africa.
    Greece isnt the worst team of the world cup,the worst is the team after 2 games has zero points!!
    we play with heart and balls after they score and 70 minutes the ball was in their defence !!!who dare wins!!!and we kick them out of tournament!!ans Maradonna is a friend of mine and a pearl jam fan ,i sent him philly bootlegs as a gift and said to me they gonna give the win to Greece
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    VIVA MEXICO!!!

congrats dimi!! :D
  • Argentina and South Korea was a great, great game. The scoreline is harsh against Korea as until they scored the third goal they were right in it and they should have made it 2 - 2 at one point. South Korea will qualify i think.

Greece are lucky, until that sending off they were literally nothing. Worst team in the competition by far. A win won't save them tho, Argentina will destroy them (Sorry D)

France v Mexico should be intersting. I think Mexico could win this one (I hope so). Mexico need this win more as they have yet to face Uruguay who are proving to be a decent foe. You would expect France even with all their problems to beat South Africa.
    Greece isnt the worst team of the world cup,the worst is the team after 2 games has zero points!!
    we play with heart and balls after they score and 70 minutes the ball was in their defence !!!who dare wins!!!and we kick them out of tournament!!ans Maradonna is a friend of mine and a pearl jam fan ,i sent him philly bootlegs as a gift and said to me they gonna give the win to Greece

Sorry D but the best team don't always win.

Maradonna is not a word to be spoken around the English :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (Little tip for when you come to London)

This ball is awful. They really could do with changing it. Too many shots going over the bar.
    It would be nice if every Mexican free kick didn't sail 30 feet over the goal.

• wwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH
    edited June 2010
    He was off. Way to finish though
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

He looked so offside though.

• jimed14 wrote:
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

He looked so offside though.

Replay showed he was level
    Argentina and South Korea was a great, great game. The scoreline is harsh against Korea as until they scored the third goal they were right in it and they should have made it 2 - 2 at one point. South Korea will qualify i think.

Sorry D but the best team don't always win.

Maradonna is not a word to be spoken around the English :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (Little tip for when you come to London)

This ball is awful. They really could do with changing it. Too many shots going over the bar.
    man,Maradonna speak spanglish,me Greekglish...we made the deal perfect!!!!!!
    That goal is going to open this game up quite a bit.

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Fundamental rule of a defender: when possible draw opponents into offside trap but don't assume you're going to get the call and wait for the whistle!
  • C'MON MEXICO!!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.