CANADA VS USA - GOLD MEDAL - Mens Hockey Game

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    BLACK35 wrote:

You don't know Canadian hockey well. Thats our book, we don't like to do things the easy way. We like to play with adversity. :D
    that's pretty pathetic for a country that can field 2 good squads in the Olympics :roll: :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

You don't know Canadian hockey well. Thats our book, we don't like to do things the easy way. We like to play with adversity. :D
    that's pretty pathetic for a country that can field 2 good squads in the Olympics :roll: :lol::lol:
    Don't know why you're making fun of Canada for having a tough game against the team who took out Sweden and beat Russia to boot, two of the top four teams. Halak wins games on his own.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Just imagine if they let us put 2 teams in. Wouldn't be fare to the rest of the world, because no one would ever seem a different colour of medal besides a bronze. :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    metsfan wrote:
    [how we ran marty outta the Olympics.

:lol::lol::lol:

even if we dont win the gold at least we can look back on this small piece of history
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    edited February 2010
    Rygar wrote:
    Don't know why you're making fun of Canada for having a tough game against the team who took out Sweden and beat Russia to boot, two of the top four teams. Halak wins games on his own.
    cause i'm just having fun with you canadians is all. your all cool in my book
    BLACK35 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Just imagine if they let us put 2 teams in. Wouldn't be fare to the rest of the world, because no one would ever seem a different colour of medal besides a bronze. :lol:
    and they'd still lose to team usa :lol::lol:. marty would choke with that squad too.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

Bathgate66 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    [how we ran marty outta the Olympics.

even if we dont win the gold at least we can look back on this small piece of history
    oh and don't forget making mikka kiprasuoff take himself outta a game too

metsfan wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    I felt bad for Halak last night. I hope he wins the bronze today.
    Rygar wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    I felt bad for Halak last night. I hope he wins the bronze today.
    agreed

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    norm wrote:
    game time is sunday at 12:30 pacific

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-ho ... 101EY.html

D'oh! I thought it was EST! :oops: So it's 4:30pm Halifax Time. Okie dokie! :)
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Yeah that was a big steam rolling over the Swiss
    least it didn't take us overtime to beat them :roll:

btw-that was a lovely game against Slovakia. i just loved Canada blowing that 3-0 lead, didn't you.

I think when you blow a 3-0 lead,you lose the game. :roll:
    Canada won that game 3-2.
    You must have forgotten.
    To many stars and stripes clouding your mind.
    We'll clear that up for you Sunday

GO CANADA!!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    If Canada wins tomorrow, they set the record for most gold medals by a country in the Winter Olympics. They have 13 now tied with the USSR in 1976 and Norway in 2002. They have already broken the record for most golds by a country hosting the Olympics. The old record was 10 by the US in 2002 and Norway in 1994.

So this game just got even bigger for Canada.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • m0jorisen wrote:

I prefer more recent history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3b-OyqvsrQ

Besides, the US were underdogs in 1980. Not so in 2010.

:)
  • i knew there would be a thread here on this, i havent logged in for a while.....but had to support.

GO CANADA GO.

we will take it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    USA USA USA!!!

God, beating those Northern jerks twice would be beeeeaaautiful! :lol:

Can't wait!! :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mca47 wrote:
    USA USA USA!!!

God, beating those Northern jerks twice would be beeeeaaautiful! :lol:

Can't wait!! :D
    YEAH....WE'LL STILL HAVE HEALTH CARE...AND NOW GET BACK TO WATCHING BASEBALL.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Go Canada Go!
    Pff, as a nation it's all we ever ask for - hockey. May as well let us have it ;)
  • All you people blaming Brodeur for the first loss have no sense of a team concept. That team that played with Marty was not the same team when they played Russia. I am not saying Marty played his best, but the rest of the team played like shit too. Bye the way GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Go Canucks!
    How long until the game starts?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Go Canucks!
    15 hrs and 12 mins. We here in Canada can't wait. Glad to see our commonwealth friends rooting for us.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Rygar wrote:
    Go Canada Go!
    Pff, as a nation it's all we ever ask for - hockey. May as well let us have it ;)

We're not asking for much, at least I don't think we are.
    GO CANADA GO

• lukin2006 wrote:
    Go Canucks!
    15 hrs and 12 mins. We here in Canada can't wait. Glad to see our commonwealth friends rooting for us.

:D;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • All you people blaming Brodeur for the first loss have no sense of a team concept. That team that played with Marty was not the same team when they played Russia. I am not saying Marty played his best, but the rest of the team played like shit too. Bye the way GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... any NHL goaltender would have won that game against Russia, but Marty wasn't all that sharp in the Swiss game (besides the shootout), and looked bad against the US.

I think that Luongo gives them their best chance today, but as a US fan, I'm hoping that the Canadian team that shows up today is the one who played the last half of the 3rd period against Slovakia.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    All you people blaming Brodeur for the first loss have no sense of a team concept. That team that played with Marty was not the same team when they played Russia. I am not saying Marty played his best, but the rest of the team played like shit too. Bye the way GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... any NHL goaltender would have won that game against Russia, but Marty wasn't all that sharp in the Swiss game (besides the shootout), and looked bad against the US.

I think that Luongo gives them their best chance today, but as a US fan, I'm hoping that the Canadian team that shows up today is the one who played the last half of the 3rd period against Slovakia.
    If both teams 'show up' (and really there's only one team with a question mark above it's head for that) it should make for quite a good game.
  • hey,,enough with that..who has the better team?give infos.for know what ill watch tonight..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    hey,,enough with that..who has the better team?give infos.for know what ill watch tonight..

the US has a great team. canada has a great bunch of individuals.

canada is leaving with silver around their neck. sorry folks.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Flip a coin. It's gonna be a close one.
    Rygar wrote:
    All you people blaming Brodeur for the first loss have no sense of a team concept. That team that played with Marty was not the same team when they played Russia. I am not saying Marty played his best, but the rest of the team played like shit too. Bye the way GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If both teams 'show up' (and really there's only one team with a question mark above it's head for that) it should make for quite a good game.
    Do you really think Canada won't show up? I have know doubt we'll show up to play, I also have no doubt the US will show up to play. The problem isn't always showing up, the other teams always get up for us, it's how
    how we respond. Just remember win or lose the sun will come up tomorrow. Lose you might want to stay away from this board for a while :D;). We should feel much better that Getzlaf is playing a lot better, he brings Mark Messier type attitude to the team.

CTV's morning show today said a lady sold 3 tickets for $18000 for the gold medal game. She wants to sit on beach somewhere.