CANADA VS USA - GOLD MEDAL - Mens Hockey Game

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    I think the US has had the better looking team this tournament.

Thats ok.... Looks don't win hockey games, talent does and we have alot of it. :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I think it's gonna be another great game to watch. I'm not a huge hockey fan but I think both teams have a equal chance of winning. I do hope it's team USA cause nothing would be sweet then beating you bitches at your own game on your home soil. :D

GO USA!!!!!!!
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    I think the US has had the better looking team this tournament.

Thats ok.... Looks don't win hockey games, talent does and we have alot of it. :D
    Well those looks won the last game :D

Parise/Stastny/Langenbrunner

Best line in the olympics, both ways.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Are you forgetting about Perry, Getzlaf, Nash. They are dominating, skill & size
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Shea Weber steps in over the line, winds up, BOOM.........Oh no hits Miller in the head, out like a light. Time to get Timmy Thomas some time in the net :lol: Shea should rattle the first shot right at his head :lol:
    Fuckin eh...Hardest shot since Al McInnis.

Why he's at it, he should rip one off Backes, real tough fuck, going around picking fights with Nash, Toews and Staal. He only gets away with it because the US Commissioner and the US owners don't want fighting, eliminate the 3rd man in rule and guys like this will be forced to fight true fighters.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Can't wait for this game. Hoping Tim Gleason and Team USA bring home the Gold. Then after that I can go back to cheering for Eric Staal and booing Ryan Miller. ;)
    Brian
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Shea Weber steps in over the line, winds up, BOOM.........Oh no hits Miller in the head, out like a light. Time to get Timmy Thomas some time in the net :lol: Shea should rattle the first shot right at his head :lol:

Why he's at it, he should rip one off Backes, real tough fuck, going around picking fights with Nash, Toews and Staal. He only gets away with it because the US Commissioner and the US owners don't want fighting, eliminate the 3rd man in rule and guys like this will be forced to fight true fighters.

I agree, I don't mind agitators, but you better stand up if challenged. They really have to get rid of the instigator rule, stop all those stupid scrums after the whistle. I know I wouldn't do it, if I know some guy like Colton Orr could grab me and rip my head off
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

really dude really. You honestly think bacxes is going around looking for fights in the olympics, doubt it. Your blind loyality is funny and at times a bit pathetic and this is pathetic. I have never once seen backes go around looking for a fight. Stop with the arrogant talk too. We never once have been arrogant at all. Go ahead and show me articles bout how we are arrogant.

Man I can't wait to fucking bury canada. I want it to be 7-1 and embarrass canada. How's that for being arrogant EH.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Backes is just a cheap version of Avery. I will say the american men haven't been as arrogant as the women's hockey team. I was glad to see the women crying after they lost the game and waiting for their medal. Because, before the game the american captain talked about how she was going to silence the building when she scores and nothing feels better when their flag will be raised after they win the gold. I wonder if she even has the foot out of her mouth yet. :D:D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    metsfan wrote:
    Your blind loyality is funny and at times a bit pathetic and this is pathetic.

Man I can't wait to fucking bury canada. I want it to be 7-1 and embarrass canada. How's that for being arrogant EH.
    Aren't ya'll an Islanders fan?
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Have you truly missed fighting during the olympics? I certainly haven't. I just don't think you need fighting in hockey. You want to change the momentum? Put the puck in the net.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • It is going to be absolutely demoralizing to Team Canada and to all Canadians in general if they get another whipping from our boys! USA! USA! USA!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • when is the final?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    With Luongo in net's for Team Canada tomorrow against the USA, it feels like a Canadian win! I didn't like Brodeur's game the last time these 2 teams met. That baseball shot that costed Team Canada a goal was just awful.

I'll say one thing and i've noticed it the past few Canadian Hockey games @ the Olympics, but don't you think the offside linesman is not on his game when calling offsides on Team Canada? There has been many, many play's that you would see 2 forward's skates already passed the blue line, while the forward with the puck just started to pace over the blue line. The offside linesman are so hard core on the other countries that they will call "offsides" left & right. Check it out and call it what you see.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Have you truly missed fighting during the olympics? I certainly haven't. I just don't think you need fighting in hockey. You want to change the momentum? Put the puck in the net.

I wouldn't mind seeing the odd knuckle dust up. Don't want goons playing. But if you want to take cheaps shots out there on the ice you better be prepared to answer the bell. Some Slovak last night to a healthy run at Pronger and smoked him from behind. Pronger wasn't hurt. But if there was fighting allowed, he wouldn't have it Pronger like he did, knowing Pronger is a dirty player and he was taking his life into his hands.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    edited February 2010
    when is the final?

12:30pm eastern time tomorrow!

On all 3 olympic channels. CTV, CTV Sportsnet & TSN.
    Post edited by demetrios on
    when is the final?

Sunday at 3:00 pm eastern time
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    when is the final?

Sunday at 3:00 pm eastern time

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/tv-online-listings/index.html

Say's it starts 12:30pm eastern time. Cause of the closing cermony's will be happening @ 5:30pm eastern time.
    It is going to be absolutely demoralizing to Team Canada and to all Canadians in general if they get another whipping from our boys! USA! USA! USA!
    :lol::lol::lol:8-)

couldn't have said it any better

only way canada is gonna stop us from our ground and pound is put the puck in the net

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    game time is sunday at 12:30 pacific

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-ho ... 101EY.html
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    really looking forward to this game!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • norm wrote:

so its 22:15 here ..cool..i m waiting for this..the women final was great one.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    norm wrote:

Does Greece have any athletes at these winter Olympics?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    metsfan wrote:
    only way canada is gonna stop us from our ground and pound is put the puck in the net
    haha, really??
    Rygar wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    haha, really??
    whose undefeated and who isn't

:lol::lol::lol:

we've steamrolled over everyone put infront of us. guess you forgot bout the fins game so quickly or how we ran marty outta the Olympics.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited February 2010
    BLACK35 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Does Greece have any athletes at these winter Olympics?
    of course not..we have summer 10 months a year.. :lol::lol:
    seriously i think someone was in 55 place of 56 athletes.
    but who cares..we give the Olympic flame and the Olympic spirit in the world,meaning play fair, give credit to the one who loose,be a part of it is the only important and peace in the wolrd..
    its a great thing from a small country of 10 millions..
    +we will always get first in stadium with our flag and always play Greek anthem..

Edit :i wish we had good ones to kick your asses btw.. :lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    metsfan wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    haha, really??
    whose undefeated and who isn't

:lol::lol::lol:

we've steamrolled over everyone put infront of us. guess you forgot bout the fins game so quickly or how we ran marty outta the Olympics.

Yeah that was a big steam rolling over the Swiss
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

least it didn't take us overtime to beat them :roll:

btw-that was a lovely game against Slovakia. i just loved Canada blowing that 3-0 lead, didn't you.

metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

btw-that was a lovely game against Slovakia. i just loved Canada blowing that 3-0 lead, didn't you.
    So really you played two of the upper ranked teams and neither of the showed up. Big bloated egos and confidence falls fast when they do...

Anyway, your ground and pound comment is a bit off. You won't be winning a physical war with us.
    metsfan wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

You don't know Canadian hockey well. Thats our book, we don't like to do things the easy way. We like to play with adversity. :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2