2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

well played pineapplies....

tip my cap

I'll be watching that for inspiration all weekend woooo !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • The game all of Canada has been waiting for. Let's hope we haven't asked for too much... :?
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
    dude you need VS in your TITLE !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • coachchris wrote:
    The game all of Canada has been waiting for. Let's hope we haven't asked for too much... :?

Let's hope our boys are hungry to avenge the loss from the other day. Lot's of pressure though. Really hope they don't choke. :? :)

On another note, way to go mens short-track team. 500m and 5000m team - GOLD!!!! Outstanding. Two for Charles Hamelin tonight :shock: :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • smarchee wrote:

There's a "V" there. Kinda went with the European approach :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    smarchee wrote:

noooooooooo, this is about NA

better style of hockey

need VS !!!

ammend !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

better style of hockey

need VS !!!

ammend !!!

Yes sir!!!!! Sorry sir!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

better style of hockey

need VS !!!

ammend !!!

vs.jpg
  • norm wrote:

vs.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Mea culpa

It's been fixed :oops: :)
  • O Canada.
    Go Canucks!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I can't believe how well this has set itself up....what a storyline. The people that shelled out big money for these tickets just might get their money's worth....
    Do we call the Americans the favoUrites?
    Even tho it's completely different teams...I still want payback for 96, too :D
  • Damn, this should be a fun one...

Canada is definitely more talented, but they seem so bi-polar at times. USA seems to know what their team is and brings it consistently. If I didn't know their nationalities, you could have told me that Ron Wilson was coaching Canada, and Babcock was coaching USA.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • GO CANADA!! Gold on home ice???!!! Beautiful.
  • GO CANADA!! Gold on home ice???!!! Beautiful.
    I will bet you 5 candy bars.....

The USA will win.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Canadian team's a bunch of geezers, and they'll fizzle out by the 3rd period.

USA - 6 wins, no losses, gold medal.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Damn, this should be a fun one...

Canada is definitely more talented, but they seem so bi-polar at times. USA seems to know what their team is and brings it consistently. If I didn't know their nationalities, you could have told me that Ron Wilson was coaching Canada, and Babcock was coaching USA.
    Well said. The way our defense is playing and the way your goalie is playing I'm figuring on the US for this one.
  • Rygar wrote:

Well said. The way our defense is playing and the way your goalie is playing I'm figuring on the US for this one.
    Good - 'cause didn't you also call the Russians to beat Canada?
    Rygar wrote:

Good - 'cause didn't you also call the Russians to beat Canada?
    Yup ;)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    This will probably go down as one of the most watched hockey games ever in Canada. I'm going to predict atleast 65% of the homes in Canada will have this game on TV. When we win the GOLD, they might as well declare Monday a national holiday, there will be some many hung over Canadians :D Can't wait.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Ron Wilson is Canadian, born in Windsor, Ontario...Brian Burke is American, you can have him though, I figure in about 2 years Toronto Maple Leafs will feel the same way, he's very over rated. He inherited a good portion of the Ducks before they won the cup, did nothing in Vancouver, and made two unimpressive trades for the Leafs.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Didn't the USA already beat Canada? Let's do it again.

USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA

Oh yeah, and go Toews, Keith, and Seabrook from Canada.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rygar wrote:

I never count out Canada, they out payed the Slovaks for all but 8 minutes. I would like to know who does those rankings, the Slovaks were ranked 9th, well I watched this tournament and they were better than Finland, The Swiss and ranked lower. We had the tougher haul to get here, we had to go through some adversity, hopefully this serves us well.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I never count out Canada, they out payed the Slovaks for all but 8 minutes. I would like to know who does those rankings, the Slovaks were ranked 9th, well I watched this tournament and they were better than Finland, The Swiss and ranked lower. We had the tougher haul to get here, we had to go through some adversity, hopefully this serves us well.
    That is true. I have a hard time with optimism, it's in my nature as a Canadiens fan.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Shea Weber steps in over the line, winds up, BOOM.........Oh no hits Miller in the head, out like a light. Time to get Timmy Thomas some time in the net :lol: Shea should rattle the first shot right at his head :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I think the US has had the better looking team this tournament.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V