CANADA VS USA - GOLD MEDAL - Mens Hockey Game

1101112131416»

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    back into the abyss canada goes :mrgreen:
    Hockey-Gold-590x393.jpg

as mr. letterman said last night ..." the one good thing about canada is their anthem " :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    Hockey-Gold-590x393.jpg

as mr. letterman said last night ..." the one good thing about canada is their anthem " :lol:
    He also said he was hoping Canada would win, so there.

PS: hockey-canada-02-28-10jpg-cb8ad6de5369c86b_large.jpg
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Rygar wrote:
    Hockey-Gold-590x393.jpg

Yeah,we heard it 14 TIMES. :D
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Just noticed that Time Warner cable has the entire game on demand in HD! woohoo!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i just hope the NHL is back in Sochi ... cause right now there is no venue that pits the best against the best country by country for hockey ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    i just hope the NHL is back in Sochi ... cause right now there is no venue that pits the best against the best country by country for hockey ...

The NHL will be back in Sochi and beyond, the players want it, so it'll happen. The rumour is that they are reviving the world cup of hockey in 2011, which is also good hockey, at least the guys get to prepare with each other for a couple of weeks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    literal fun police
    DSC_0374-1-1.jpg

this was funny. this police woman pulled over these guys when they were celebrating the win right after the game and was giving them a ticket for someone riding in the back of the truck... they were actually filming it on camera and told her if they gave her a ticket they were going to send it to the news and show how much of a downer she was about people celebrating the win...

she didnt give them a ticket :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    ^ ^ that would've been very un-Canadian of her.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Only in Canada :D:D

Air Canada learns that hockey trumps flying
    Tue Mar 9, 7:33 PM
    VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Canada's largest airline has learned it sometimes has to take a back seat to the country's biggest sporting passion, ice hockey, the head of Air Canada said on Tuesday.

The airline was forced to delay a flight from Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games because passengers watching the end of gold medal final on airport televisions ignored repeated calls to board.

"We incurred a flight delay for a reason Air Canada had not yet encountered in over 72 years of existence," chief executive Calin Rovinescu told a business gathering.

The Canadian fans were rewarded for their delay, as the nail-biting end to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics saw Canada beat arch-rival United States 3-2 in overtime.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006 wrote:

VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Canada's largest airline has learned it sometimes has to take a back seat to the country's biggest sporting passion, ice hockey, the head of Air Canada said on Tuesday.

The airline was forced to delay a flight from Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games because passengers watching the end of gold medal final on airport televisions ignored repeated calls to board.

"We incurred a flight delay for a reason Air Canada had not yet encountered in over 72 years of existence," chief executive Calin Rovinescu told a business gathering.

The Canadian fans were rewarded for their delay, as the nail-biting end to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics saw Canada beat arch-rival United States 3-2 in overtime.

That is awesome. I love this country :D
    lukin2006 wrote:

Hockey unites this country, it was awesome of air canada to do this.

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Hockey unites this country, it was awesome of air canada to do this.
    after they scored, the final final boarding call should have been "attention all passengers of flight AC284... they won the fucking gold now could you please get on the plane. thank you"
    :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    I just keep thinking about those that were good little soldiers and boarded the plane, afraid that it would depart without them. Do you think that they were pissed that they missed the final goal? :lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Anyone see this floating around the internets?

Apparently it's real (and pretty funny) Lots of people holding it during play :)

ept_sports_nhl_experts-907918648-1268240255.jpg?ymAOWzCDM9Z53_nt
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol:
    haha...that's my hometown...and I can assure you, that would be my potty pattern for that afternoon :D
    That chart, and the plane story are awesome.

But...what kind of canuck would book a flight that day, at that time, anyway?