CANADA VS USA - GOLD MEDAL - Mens Hockey Game

Comments

• Canada fans you won so go out and party with the rest of your nation. :)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    How do you like us now?!! :D

Great game played by both sides and it could have gone either way. I am just so happy it went our way and Canada set some records. Great game to everyone!!!

Such a proud Canadian right now :)

Please though if we could cut down on the trash talk and if you are going to dish it...fucking take it!!!

Beautiful pic you posted Lukin.
    Thank you...yes it was a great game...hockey at it's best...see all the video of people streaming into the streets...hockey just means the world to us.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan...i know, it just erks me, because many countries play hockey well, including yours. As for Basketball other countries are playing basketball and getting better, baseball is starting to be controlled by the Japenese and South America, when you take sports global people catch on and get better. Just look at the Olympics, you 4 man bobsleigh team took gold first first time a whole whack of years, we took bronze, usued to be controlled by the germans and russians.
    i know it does but better to just let the poor sportsmanship by him be. you should be enjoying your gold and getting drunk. agree with everything you say. look at how far we've come as country in hockey. our boys just won the world juniors for the 2nd time in 6 years and have placed sliver 2 times in the Olympics in the past 10 years. thats a far cry from where we once were.

Agreed, your country has come along ways, your junior team broke my heart, and I thought it was going to happen again, kinda ironic, we came back from 2 down in the world junior game and lost in OT, your team came from 2 down and lost in OT.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    My friends in Canada are happy and celebrating their hockey victory. I congratulate ALL the participants for the excitement your teams gave in this tournament. Now on to the NHL season and mat that excitement continue all season long.

That said LET'S GO BRUINS keep that momentum going.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreed, your country has come along ways, your junior team broke my heart, and I thought it was going to happen again, kinda ironic, we came back from 2 down in the world junior game and lost in OT, your team came from 2 down and lost in OT.
    that's what gave me some hope for us in the game, but it wasn't our time.

oh well

:(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• lukin2006 wrote:
    How do you like us now?!! :D

Great game played by both sides and it could have gone either way. I am just so happy it went our way and Canada set some records. Great game to everyone!!!

Such a proud Canadian right now :)

Please though if we could cut down on the trash talk and if you are going to dish it...fucking take it!!!

Beautiful pic you posted Lukin.
    Thank you...yes it was a great game...hockey at it's best...see all the video of people streaming into the streets...hockey just means the world to us.

It does :) I wonder how many people will be out "sick" tomorrow!! I really want to wear my hockey t-shirt to work tomorrow-I am guessing my office would frown upon that :lol:

I even saw a dog with his Olympic gear on today :D Yonge St. in TO is partially closed down. Canada rocks :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    heres my problem:
    study for huge midterm which i havn't study at all for
    or
    go downtown...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    g under p wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Great game. Excellent tournament by the US, I think this team will be a force for some time to come.

crosby-celeb-cp-100228.jpg

Clear sign the Pens WON'T win the Cup this year.

Well it is kind of hard to get to the big dance 3 years in a row. But as we've just seen you never can count out crosby.
    I agree, you can never count out Crosby, he has a little something that all great ones have, he can strike at any time, just like Mario, Gretzky, Messier, Lafleur the list is endless, let me tell, when you do something like what Crosby did tonight he will always have a special place in most Canadian hearts, just like Sakic and Iginla from '02, Mario and Gretzky from those Canada Cups and of course the only Toronto Maple Leaf I like, Paul Henderson.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haffajappa wrote:
    heres my problem:
    or
    go downtown...

Downtown no question
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan...i know, it just erks me, because many countries play hockey well, including yours. As for Basketball other countries are playing basketball and getting better, baseball is starting to be controlled by the Japenese and South America, when you take sports global people catch on and get better. Just look at the Olympics, you 4 man bobsleigh team took gold first first time a whole whack of years, we took bronze, usued to be controlled by the germans and russians.
    i know it does but better to just let the poor sportsmanship by him be. you should be enjoying your gold and getting drunk. agree with everything you say. look at how far we've come as country in hockey. our boys just won the world juniors for the 2nd time in 6 years and have placed sliver 2 times in the Olympics in the past 10 years. thats a far cry from where we once were.

It's hard to win this tournament, I heard Stevie Y. say that over and over this week, he's right. He said right from the outset that he didn't think any team would go undefeated, in the end he was right. It's also hard to pick a team, over the last 2weeks he was 2nd guessed about this player and that player, I did my fair share of 2nd guessing, but I never 2nd guessed Crosby choice and he is this countries next Gretzky and I think Getlaf is the Messier.

• haffajappa wrote:
    heres my problem:
    or
    go downtown...

You can repeat the course!! You can't repeat this moment in celebration.

GO DOWNTOWN!!
    This country is going to have one hell of an Olympic hang over. Congrates to Vancouver and Canada. We showed the world that we are a prideful and patriotic.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's hard to win this tournament, I heard Stevie Y. say that over and over this week, he's right. He said right from the outset that he didn't think any team would go undefeated, in the end he was right. It's also hard to pick a team, over the last 2weeks he was 2nd guessed about this player and that player, I did my fair share of 2nd guessing, but I never 2nd guessed Crosby choice and he is this countries next Gretzky and I think Getlaf is the Messier.
    nobody will ever be like the captain of all capatin's. mess is one of a kind player and in my eyes the greatest hockey player ever.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Congrats to Team Canada.
    You guys capped off what I thought were a very good Olympics for Canada.
    I read every post.
    It was a very intense,exciting game
    I know it would have been tough for me if the U.S won.
    Lukin2006 -thanks for the great photos.
    CANADA # 1 IN THE WORLD!!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Fucking hell.
    USA just won the game.
    you might be right, but shouldn't be totally surprised. Mike Babcock like to play it tight, just hasn't worked out. I'd be surprised if Thorton is still with Heatley, I'd move Cosbey between Marleau and Heatley and move Thorton with Iginla. Neither Thorton or Iginla has does anything. Since its 4-4this OTwill not last 2 long and i'd be surprised if we win.The US has speed to burn. Our team looks burned out. But I guess you never know.
    They looked totally gassed at the end of regulation, wasn't expecting any energy in OT, but Jimed hit the nail on the head I think.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

RoughMix wrote:
    Congrats to Team Canada.
    You guys capped off what I thought were a very good Olympics for Canada.
    I read every post.
    It was a very intense,exciting game
    I know it would have been tough for me if the U.S won.
    Lukin2006 -thanks for the great photos.
    CANADA # 1 IN THE WORLD!!!
    You welcome, I would have been close to tears if we lost, this means so much to us.

• On a side note, I must have missed something. Why was Crosby not wearing the "A" for this game? Was there a rotation set up or what? I have no problems with Iginla having it but for that douche Pronger to have it instead of Crosby is a travesty.
  • Will post more tomorrow....It's fucking crazy here downtown toronto......

USA - you were an amazing team....and my hat goes off to you....but I have to go party.

:D
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Fucking hell.
    USA just won the game.
    you might be right, but shouldn't be totally surprised. Mike Babcock like to play it tight, just hasn't worked out. I'd be surprised if Thorton is still with Heatley, I'd move Cosbey between Marleau and Heatley and move Thorton with Iginla. Neither Thorton or Iginla has does anything. Since its 4-4this OTwill not last 2 long and i'd be surprised if we win.The US has speed to burn. Our team looks burned out. But I guess you never know.
    They looked totally gassed at the end of regulation, wasn't expecting any energy in OT, but Jimed hit the nail on the head I think.
    I agree, I did not think we'd keep up to them in 4 on 4, but I thought for the most part we carried the play in OT, and it was an excellent goal, but sid looked determined when he tried to split the D and kept going after the puck.

On a side note, I must have missed something. Why was Crosby not wearing the "A" for this game? Was there a rotation set up or what? I have no problems with Iginla having it but for that douche Pronger to have it instead of Crosby is a travesty.
    Well Pronger played well in this game, and I think his experience was a benefit in this game.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Will post more tomorrow....It's fucking crazy here downtown toronto......

USA - you were an amazing team....and my hat goes off to you....but I have to go party.

:D

Dude get out of here and PARTY!!
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    On a side note, I must have missed something. Why was Crosby not wearing the "A" for this game? Was there a rotation set up or what? I have no problems with Iginla having it but for that douche Pronger to have it instead of Crosby is a travesty.
    Well Pronger played well in this game, and I think his experience was a benefit in this game.

I just thought it was weird to switch it up in a short tournament unless that was the plan all along.
  • lukin2006 wrote:

I just thought it was weird to switch it up in a short tournament unless that was the plan all along.
    There was a rotation between Iginla, Crosby, and Pronger. Today was Pronger and Iginla's turn.

Way to go Canada!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    "They're not even a real country anyway"

Kidding, congrats, an exciting game with a disappointing ending but congrats, Canada was clearly the best team through the whole tournament.
  • Congrats to the folks of Canada!!!!!

That was a fun game to watch....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Congrats to the folks of Canada!!!!!

Thanks Speedy :D It was a fun game to watch.

Great job to both teams. thanks to everyone on here who held up the spirit of sportsmanship! It shows class! :) So many good people on here.

To those talking trash... :lol:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

nobody will ever be like the captain of all capatin's. mess is one of a kind player and in my eyes the greatest hockey player ever.
    Messier was special and without a doubt the greatest leader in any sport. For me it's hard to define who the greatest is, I can't do it. Every era in hockey is different, my dad will say Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, Jean Beliveau and Doug Harvey were the greatest, people who are more familiar with Orr will say he's the greatest, the greatest is someone who could play in any ere and the moose could, but so could those I guy. For me it will always be Gretzky, he worked hard at selling hockey and has been a great Canadian Ambassador.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Congrats Canadians. That was a damn fun game to watch!

Glad it was us two going at it!
    Congrats to the folks of Canada!!!!!

Thanks Speedy. Your team played one hell of a tournament. Glad it was a good game.