• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    norm wrote:
    Downtown no question
    haffajappa wrote:
    heres my problem:
    study for huge midterm which i havn't study at all for
    or
    go downtown...

You can repeat the course!! You can't repeat this moment in celebration.

GO DOWNTOWN!!

So I realised AFTER everyone left that not only is one of the midterms not tomorrow, but the assignment isn't due til wednesday. :shock:

I still have one midterm tmrw morning for a class which i've not paid any attention to all semester and have not picked up a book, reading or looked over notes for... Downtown's an hour and a half transit ride... guess its for the best anyways :cry: :oops:

You wouldn't have known I just had 2 weeks off of school :roll:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • i watched this game in an airport lounge in phoenix on a +4hour layover :?

was a long day of travelin no doubt but got to see the whole game. the tie was awesome, sids goal was just a little deflating but im happy for all

glad sid, and fleury and canada have won the gold!! :D and glad brooks and malone and the usa medaled with silver!! 8-)

congratulations canada ;)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Congratulations to the Canucks!
    Shame it wasn't shown live here and there won't be a replay tonight :x
    O'Canada!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Just a question....
    Why did Canada have to wear the white strip?
    Isn't your home strip red?
    If so, it was your home turf, should be you wearing the home strip?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    norm wrote:
    is canada gonna run out of beer tonight? :P :mrgreen:

I'd be more concerned of Canadian Club Whiskey running out.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Just a question....

The US team went undefeated in the tournament whereas Canada lost one. Therefore the US earned the "home" advantage. The home team wears the darker jersey. They also get to make the last change in terms of on ice match-ups.

It was an amazing, heart-stopping game. If you have a chance to watch it, take advantage of it :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Just a question....

The US team went undefeated in the tournament whereas Canada lost one. Therefore the US earned the "home" advantage. The home team wears the darker jersey. They also get to make the last change in terms of on ice match-ups.

It was an amazing, heart-stopping game. If you have a chance to watch it, take advantage of it :D

Won't happen, they won't replay it here :x
    Only brief news footage. :(
  • billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Doesnt get any better than this....... :D:D
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    On a side note, I must have missed something. Why was Crosby not wearing the "A" for this game? Was there a rotation set up or what? I have no problems with Iginla having it but for that douche Pronger to have it instead of Crosby is a travesty.

the reason that pronger wore the A was becuase he is a great leader who has won gold before. Crosby will wear the C next time hopefully unless that ass of a commish tells them that they can't go next time. i say if that happens we should just hurt him.

i know very un-Candian of me to hurt people but damm it all to hell.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ok now we can get back to the real fans of the game

congrats to canada :evil:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Man that was one of the better nights of my life. Congrats to Canada on a tremendous comeback from last weeks drubbing. For me it was all about watching it with my boys. My 7 year old had his Parise jersey for the game and when he scored I have never seen joy like that. Reminded me of 1980 and the pleasure and intensity I had watching it with my dad, may he rest in peace. It was such a reminder about the joys of parenthood and what my dad must have felt watching it with me.

Although they were upset they even said what a great game Canada played. They loved the fact that Miller was cheered. Good sportsmanship is something that can be passed from generation to genration.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Man that was one of the better nights of my life. Congrats to Canada on a tremendous comeback from last weeks drubbing. For me it was all about watching it with my boys. My 7 year old had his Parise jersey for the game and when he scored I have never seen joy like that. Reminded me of 1980 and the pleasure and intensity I had watching it with my dad, may he rest in peace. It was such a reminder about the joys of parenthood and what my dad must have felt watching it with me.

Although they were upset they even said what a great game Canada played. They loved the fact that Miller was cheered. Good sportsmanship is something that can be passed from generation to genration.

it so true there is nothing like watching hockey with a great moment like that with kids. i don't have any kids but i have nephews who iwacthed teh game with and just the pure love of the game is great to see in their eyes.

One last thing about the USA, you have a great young team and i think will be a great team in 4 years.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ...

honestly tho - this game wouldn't have been so close if Brodeur was in net. Luongo was shaky at best - a soft goal against the slovaks to give them life and another soft goal against the US that gave them a chance ... plus, without brodeur's puck handling, the D-men were under pressure all game ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

779-s897-Vancouver_Olympics_Ice_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.69.jpg
    Rygar wrote:

he is still a little girl
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Rygar wrote:

he is still a little girl
    143-263Vancouver_Olympics_Ice_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.69.jpg
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    USA wins gold on aggregate :shock:
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A few random thoughts . . .

1) Damn you to hell, Sidney Crosby! Damn you to hell!!!

2) I’m interested how US Penguin fans feel after getting a taste of their own medicine.

3) Congrats to Canada. I don’t know if the pharmaceutical companies had enough anti-depressants to cover 35 million people.

4) Congrats to the US team for showing some true grit and captivating the nation. Hopefully it will increase the NHL’s appeal (although Gary Bettman and NBC are still running the show so the chances are slim-to-none)

5) I hope Babcock and Yzerman get the credit they deserve after almost being burned at the stake after the US kicked the crap out of Marty Brodeur.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Thanks to all the U.S. fans on here who congratulated the Canadian win.
    Metsfan...didn't think you had it in ya!! :mrgreen:
    When the U.S. decided a few years ago to incorporate the Canadaian style of play we knew it would only be a matter of time before they would become a threat.
    Such a large pool of up and coming players.The U.S. should only get stronger.
    Forget about the trap crap of Slovakia,Swiss,Germany et al.
    This is how hockey should be played.
    I'm glad the game didn't turn on a bad penalty call.
    Some stuff that would have been called in the NHL was let go yesterday and it made for an exciting,memorable game.
    Can't wait for a rematch in 4 years.
    The NHL players will be there.
    Thanks CANADA for a great Olympics.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    Jason P wrote:

2) I’m interested how US Penguin fans feel after getting a taste of their own medicine.

3) Congrats to Canada. I don’t know if the pharmaceutical companies had enough anti-depressants to cover 35 million people.

4) Congrats to the US team for showing some true grit and captivating the nation. Hopefully it will increase the NHL’s appeal (although Gary Bettman and NBC are still running the show so the chances are slim-to-none)

5) I hope Babcock and Yzerman get the credit they deserve after almost being burned at the stake after the US kicked the crap out of Marty Brodeur.

i am sorry but as a candian i found point 3 to be damm funny.
    RoughMix wrote:
    When the U.S. decided a few years ago to incorporate the Canadaian style of play we knew it would only be a matter of time before they would become a threat.
    Some stuff that would have been called in the NHL was let go yesterday and it made for an exciting,memorable game.

i think that youth was the main focus of the games this year. american has great young players and so does canada. it is Scary how young Drew "the future great D-Man" doughty is. I can't wait to see these young people go. i have said it before but if the NHL players are not in teh next games bettman should be shot.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P wrote:

We don't resort to anti depressants, either way we would have resorted to a good drunk.

As for Babcock and Yzerman, I think Yzerman gets an A, I would give Babcock a B, as much as this pains me to say I clearly think Ron Wilson was the best coach in this tournament, I was really impressed with how quickly they came together as a team. I also think Burke did a better job than Yzerman just by a bit. I like the fact that Burke picked a youthful team, after all to me thats whats athletics is really about. I don't know if the NHL will be back in 4 years, but I really hope we don't bring anymore players over 33-34. To me Yzerman left 3 players off this team that would have made this job easier, Stamkos, Green, Burrows. They did win, it's up o hockey canada what direction we go in for the next olympics. The Americans will have to be a Gold medal favourite in 4 years.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason P wrote:

its like this for me

it was deflating to lose that game in sudden death after tying it so late in the game, but thats just the way it is with ot losses, sudden and deflating

i dont hate so i am glad for canada and VERY glad for sid, we all love him here in pgh and are stoked to see him get the cup AND gold in the same year

about the pens and pittsburgh? we are all very stoked to have three medals come back to the team and are equally as pleased with brooksie and his silver as we are with sid. also home town boy ryan mallone has everyone smilin too

pittsburgh considers sid part of the city's very make-up, mario paved the way for this sort of relationship and many steelers do the same what with great players desire to form a lasting bond with their adopted home.

all in all we feel good and we fill like our city helped contribute to making olympic hockey so awesome in some small way :D
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RoughMix wrote:
    whatever canadian, hehe. I maybe a dick or asshole or shit starter or whatever you wanna call me but I'm always a classy guy. Some of my fave hockey players past and present are canadians.

The ratings numbers reflected the anticipation of the Olympic gold-medal game between Canada and the United States.

Sunday's epic -- won by Canada 3-2 in overtime -- was the most-watched hockey game since the gold-medal game in 1980, when the United States beat Finland after stunning the Soviet Union in the "Miracle on Ice." That gold-medal game drew 32.8 million.

According to NBC, the game drew an average viewership of 27.6 million and a rating of 15.2, a jump of 45.5 percent from the same matchup at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games. Both gold-medal games were aired midafternoon live.

From 5:30 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET, the audience reached its peak, with 34.8 million glued to the TV.

The game, carried in Canada on nine national networks and in eight languages, became the most-watched television broadcast in Canadian history. An average of 16.6 million Canadians, or about half of the nation's population, tuned in.

And about 80 percent of the population, or 26.5 million people, watched at least part of the game.

Buffalo -- where tournament MVP Ryan Miller plays for the Sabres -- was the top individual market in the United States, with a 32.6 rating. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minneapolis and Milwaukee rounded out the top five.

The celebration continued through the night, with Canadian television reporting an average of 14.3 million catching the closing ceremonies.

THIS IS why I love the usa and more so north america
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Just wanted to congratulate Canada for the Olympics and for all their gold medals especially the men's and women's hockey team. What a Fucking game! Of course to America, my own country, congrats on all the medals. We did exceptionally well! Miller deserved the MVP like no other. Peace. P.S. To the Georgian luger, Nodar Kumaritashvili R.I.P.
    whgarrett wrote:
    Just wanted to congratulate Canada for the Olympics and for all their gold medals especially the men's and women's hockey team. What a Fucking game! Of course to America, my own country, congrats on all the medals. We did exceptionally well! Miller deserved the MVP like no other. Peace. P.S. To the Georgian luger, Nodar Kumaritashvili R.I.P.
    Well said on all points.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    So???

Have you Canadians sobered up???? hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So???

Have you Canadians sobered up???? hehehehehehe
    Hell know, we might not up for awhile. What a party!!!!!!! the whole olympics was great, Vancouver did a great job. I have never seen so much patriotism in this Country ever.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    back into the abyss canada goes :mrgreen:
    back into the abyss canada goes :mrgreen:
    Hockey-Gold-590x393.jpg