CANADA VS USA - GOLD MEDAL - Mens Hockey Game

Comments

• this US team was built for future olympics. we'll be back and we will get gold.
    Hasn't there been talk though that the NHL players won't be taking part in the games anymore?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    is canada gonna run out of beer tonight? :P :mrgreen:
  • norm wrote:

Haha, we are always fully stocked...no worries ;)
  • norm wrote:

HELL YEAH!!!!

:thumbup: :wave: :crazy:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • this US team was built for future olympics. we'll be back and we will get gold.
    Hasn't there been talk though that the NHL players won't be taking part in the games anymore?

Thats what Buttman has been saying this is the last one with NHL Players
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    this US team was built for future olympics. we'll be back and we will get gold.

NHL hasn't decided that yet.

They'd be fucking morons to not participate after this publicity. Sort of like the lock out.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,050
    jimed14 wrote:

They'd be fucking morons to not participate after this publicity. Sort of like the lock out.
    No shit. Saw several "Game Of The Week" commercials.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jimed14 wrote:

When has he ever made the right decision to help hockey?

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I hope this hockey energy will continue throughout the rest of the hockey season.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Congrats to Canada. I wanna give you guys props. Lotta great people in Canada and it's nice to see them have a fantastic tournament and hosing a fantastic Winter Games. Well done.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    let the street partying COMMENCE !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    Hell yeah! 8-)

Another great Nova Scotian scored the winning goal! Who also held the Stanley Cup last year! ;)
    Another reason why this man ..

GoCanadaGo.jpg

needs to come back to Nova Scotia, where the birth place of hockey started! 8-)

Congrat's Canada! :D
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    g under p wrote:
    I hope this hockey energy will continue throughout the rest of the hockey season.

probably a lull till about 2 weeks and then it will really pick up
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo!!!
    I will never badmouth crosby again!!!!!!

Im saving this post!

;)
    lol, it's true.
    10 seconds after he scored someone from work emailed me to see what I thought of him 'now', hehe
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    jimed14 wrote:

In this Olmypics it wasn't an issue to play as far as travel is concerned but I think the next olympics is in Russia. The travel to that country is going to be tremendous and the NHL doesn't want to put there players through all that time and energy. They'll come back pretty tired and the stoppage in the season might just be too much for the powers that be to say yes to another Olympics.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Great game. Excellent tournament by the US, I think this team will be a force for some time to come.

crosby-celeb-cp-100228.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Great game to watch complete with a good outcome and I managed to offend metsfan with a healthy dose of some good old Canadian sarcasm ta boot.

Crosby makes an impact on one shift this tourney and now he's the greatest Canadian since Paul Henderson. Too funny.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Rygar wrote:
    Great game. Excellent tournament by the US, I think this team will be a force for some time to come.

OMG

You have gone to the Dark Side !!!

:lol:

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Rygar wrote:
    LOL! Same here hahhaha
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Rygar wrote:

OMG

You have gone to the Dark Side !!!

:lol:
    hahaha!
    Well he won't be my favorite player until he gets traded to the Canadiens (lol!), but he saved lives tonight.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    haffajappa wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    LOL! Same here hahhaha

Can't believe ya both badmouth the guy! :shock:
    Nova Scotia forgives ya! :think:
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Congrats Canada! This one hurts, but the US had an awesome tourney. Despite all the smack talk that has gone on, I'd rather lose to you guys than anyone else. Congrats Eric Staal on joining the group of players who has won The Stanley Cup, a Gold Medal, and an All Star Game MVP. And congrats to Tim Gleason for winning a Silver and Joni and Tuomo for winning the Bronze.
    Brian
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Songburst wrote:
    Great game to watch complete with a good outcome and I managed to offend metsfan with a healthy dose of some good old Canadian sarcasm ta boot.

Crosby makes an impact on one shift this tourney and now he's the greatest Canadian since Paul Henderson. Too funny.
    hahaha enjoy

u gonna celebrate with some molson golden eh

this will be a huge boost to the usa hockey program

still can't believe i was one goal away from my prediction being right
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    canada_67483.jpg
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    metsfan wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

hahaha enjoy

Molson Goldon is so 80's
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

When has he ever made the right decision to help hockey?
    he's given hockey to the southern states, lockout and a salary cap and taken hockey away in 2 cities of canada. those def helped the sport :roll: .

lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

hahaha enjoy

Molson Goldon is so 80's
    Keith's then ;);)

Who was the American player on CTV talking smack, was that Kesler or Ryan, fuck give it a break. Did he really think that they could break us by reminding our players of the Slovakia game.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Who was the American player on CTV talking smack, was that Kesler or Ryan, fuck give it a break. Did he really think that they could break us by reminding our players of the Slovakia game.
    probably was backes ;);)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    Great game, despite the outcome :P Both teams played outstanding, congrats to them.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC