Crazy Baby Names

Comments

• Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I once counseled a girl who named her baby, de javu! Yep, that had its own stuff to counsel.
    Save room for dessert!
  • samjam wrote:
    My friend's sister's acquaintance or something from college was named Le-Ah
    Pronounced: Le-dash-uh :lol::lol:

Also my mom's ex's cousin down the line named his kid Fudgie. I don't think it was a nickname either...

If you really wanted to name your kid that why wouldn't you just name them Ledashah instead of Le-ah?
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • I have a friend who is a doctor and while in med school she delivered a baby named Anakin...guess what movie was big that year??? :roll:
  • I can't believe in 3 pages of this thread, nobody has made reference to George wanting to call his child "7".
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    let's not forget the shitheads that name their kid 'espn' :roll:
  • And then he tried to get that couple to use Soda instead of 7 :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I know someone who called their kid Jean-Luc. :?

Not a baby name but my friend had a work accident and had to go to hospital....the doctor came in and introduced himself as "Dr Hack"....and then proceeded to tell my friend that he had to get his finger amputated! :lol: haha Bad name for a surgeon!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Not a baby name but my friend had a work accident and had to go to hospital....the doctor came in and introduced himself as "Dr Hack"....and then proceeded to tell my friend that he had to get his finger amputated! :lol: haha Bad name for a surgeon!

If they aren't already married they could come to Alberta and get married in Vulcan :lol:
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I am a teacher and get the pleasure of seeing/hearing some very strange names. Let's see, we have a Silver, Virgin, Luvie, Turki (pronounced turkey), Delorean (yup, like the car), and Egemen. Those are off the top of my head and are the actual names, not nicknames. I grew up thinking my name (Autumn) was bad, I have since grown to love it.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    autumn wrote:
    I am a teacher and get the pleasure of seeing/hearing some very strange names. Let's see, we have a Silver, Virgin, Luvie, Turki (pronounced turkey), Delorean (yup, like the car), and Egemen. Those are off the top of my head and are the actual names, not nicknames. I grew up thinking my name (Autumn) was bad, I have since grown to love it.

please tell me you made up 'virgin'? :wtf:
  • I work in the day care industry... the funniest names I've ever come across were a brother and sister named Bill and Hillary. Both of their middle names were Clinton. I kid you not.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Pirate.

I saw a little "Vedder" here in L.A. last month. I had a thread about it in The Porch. He might as well have been named, "My Parents Love Pearl Jam."

What's wrong with Mercedes? It simply translates to Grace.

I've never bothered having a kid, but I've had scores of pets and dolls to try out names on: My current 7 dolls are Satiev, Nigel, Romany, Ganesh, Oliver Pout, Claude, and Zemoriah.

The only pets I have now are mice: Marzipan has the stupidest name and Annoushka has the most dramatic. (The other 4 mice are Sloan, Vladimir, Lola, and Nova.) I think the two that I adopted last week are pregnant, soon I might have 3 to 30 more pets to name! Uh oh...

And don't forget to name yourself if your given label doesn't suit you to a T, fill you with thrill, swell you with pride, and bring you out in a smile.
    *Points to self*
    -Brynne
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    smarchee wrote:
    I was watching a repeat of the Office last night

and Jan named her baby Astrid

and they had a bowl for her "shower" and it said Astird lol

I love the ass-turd episode.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
    I have a friend who is a doctor and while in med school she delivered a baby named Anakin...guess what movie was big that year??? :roll:

I know of an Anakin myself. :roll:
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

If my mom had her way I would have been named "Gaylan". It's a fine name to be sure, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Parents just don't understand.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Here in Canada we had an Olympic Champion from '92 or '94 in free style skiing named Jean - Luc Brassard, I think amongst the french, Jean followed by another given name is popular.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I went to school with a girl named Precious...trust me...precious she was not
    A few years ago I had a supervisor named Precious. She had heard PLENTY of jokes about it her entire life and we quickly learned not to kid her about it, even though she could be a lot of fun otherwise.
    She was actually an excellent manager, one of the best supervisors I've ever had.

I was a case manager for many years and have seen my fair share of strange names. I can believe the example from the dentist's office about the kids with car names because I knew of a mother who named her children Mercedes, Porsche (yes, spelled like the car), Seville, and Lexus.

Other gems:
    Twin brothers named Lemonjello and Orangejello (pronounced luh-MON-juh-lo and oh-RON-juh-lo)
    Another set of twins named Alpha and Omega
    Bodacious (a girl)
    L'Atrocious (also a girl)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I can't believe in 3 pages of this thread, nobody has made reference to George wanting to call his child "7".

I know someone called Seven. She's from India, and it's not pronounced like the number 7.

Jean-Luc is a perfectly normal and very common name amongst french speakers.
  • My cousin named his boy Xander.....had never heard that one before

Xander is just a shortening of Alexander. It's a name that I love :oops:

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • I've mentioned this name before, but it's still the most bizarre and mean name that I've ever encountered, Repent Of Your Sins! :o :shock: :?

The poor girl could hardly wait for her eighteenth birthday to have it legally changed. She was in there minutes after the paperwork was finalised. I was working when she came in to Motor Vehicles to officially change her driver's license. She told me that the names of her siblings were even worse. I think she legally changed her name to Susan or Jane. Something very normal and fairly common :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • you have to use the names together to make these funny and bareing in mind he was employed in insurance
    Robin Farquar :lol: do you think his parents pushed him into that occupation :?:
  • Pirate.

I saw a little "Vedder" here in L.A. last month. I had a thread about it in The Porch. He might as well have been named, "My Parents Love Pearl Jam."

What's wrong with Mercedes? It simply translates to Grace.

I've never bothered having a kid, but I've had scores of pets and dolls to try out names on: My current 7 dolls are Satiev, Nigel, Romany, Ganesh, Oliver Pout, Claude, and Zemoriah.

The only pets I have now are mice: Marzipan has the stupidest name and Annoushka has the most dramatic. (The other 4 mice are Sloan, Vladimir, Lola, and Nova.) I think the two that I adopted last week are pregnant, soon I might have 3 to 30 more pets to name! Uh oh...

And don't forget to name yourself if your given label doesn't suit you to a T, fill you with thrill, swell you with pride, and bring you out in a smile.
    *Points to self*
    -Brynne
    maybe you should have that kid
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • redrock wrote:
    Nothing tops hearing the names Porche, Mercedes and Bentley being called out at the dentists!

Mercedes (the car) was named after a girl. So it was (and still is) a 'proper' female name before being a car name. Porche - do you mean Portia or Porsche like the car?

You have to understand, I live in Essex, people try try to give their kids names that sound 'posh', hence there are a lot of Chardonnay's, Chantelle's and Chelsie's around! In this case these three poor kids had been named after cars their chav parents would never be able to afford! It probably should have been more like Nova, Sierra and Metro :lol:
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    norm wrote:
    autumn wrote:

please tell me you made up 'virgin'? :wtf:

Nope, unfortunately that is her name. She's only in kindergarten now, but I worry that in a few years.... :oops: !
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I don't understand either what is wrong with Jean-Luc but i guess its cos i live in Canada lol
    my brother has an italian friend who's name is gianluca which i guess is the italian version of it.

my boyfriend's name is Cesar, he is guatemalan and its common (just like Jesus is) but he gets his fair share of people making fun of it here

My brother and I both have japanese middle names which my grandfather gave us... they represent the words "beautiful" and "courageous" .... i wonder if Japanese people would make fun of us :shock: :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    My partner has a very normal first name (not telling to try to protect his identity!!) but his sheltered parents gave him the middle name Wayne. Wayne you are thinking is a perfectly normal unassuming name :?: . It might be if only his last name wasn't Carr. Say them together fast... yes its true :lol::lol:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    I've heard some strange names at my childrens daycare: Reggae, J'Tique, Dragon (pronounced Dra.gon). Parents can be mean, these kids have to live with these names until they are at least 18!

My two are Lily and Hunter nice easy names to spell and say but not too common.
  • tinkerbell wrote:
    My partner has a very normal first name (not telling to try to protect his identity!!) but his sheltered parents gave him the middle name Wayne. Wayne you are thinking is a perfectly normal unassuming name :?: . It might be if only his last name wasn't Carr. Say them together fast... yes its true :lol::lol:

LOL ...on par with Isaac Cox :lol:

I love the name Lily btw (as per your post below) . So pretty
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I think I'll name my first son Spit.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    tinkerbell wrote:

LOL ...on par with Isaac Cox :lol:

I love the name Lily btw (as per your post below) . So pretty

Thanks she suits it too :)