Pearl Jam Scheduled for SNL in March

191011121315»

Comments

• it would have been nice to watch this.....

....if i had power sat. nite. Is their performance on the 10C yet? I assume its on youtube
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • these links work:

Just Breathe: http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94 ... am1snl.flv

Unthought Known: http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... am2snl.flv

Stupid Twilight Zone skit with Pearl Jam cameo: http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94 ... tchsnl.flv

I CAN NOT stop watching the Unthought Known performance. McCready hopping around in his McCready way right before the crescendo is electric, Vedder is dead-on with the pitch, and the band is ON FIRE during that song. I've watched it about 10x in a row now.

your vid quality is excellent...thanks so much for posting...i'll be watching unthought over and over this week
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I loved seeing PJ on SNL and thought they were good. I have not watched that show in forever.

The Twilight Zone was stupid (never liked the original either) UNTIL I saw PJ on the wing -- pretty funny seeing them

Funny note---on the weekend update--that story about someone being stabbed at a theatre with meat thermometer actually happened in my stupid town!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    Funny note---on the weekend update--that story about someone being stabbed at a theatre with meat thermometer actually happened in my stupid town!!!!!!!!!!!

probably best to keep that to yourself ;)
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

probably best to keep that to yourself ;)
    Probably but what the hell.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    for awhile i kept rewinding the Twilight Zone back and forth watching PJ... lol ~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Jerome230 wrote:
    I am so annoyed--where was the "K" on Ed's shirt and how come they were smiling and seemed so happy?

And the nominees for the single most idiotic post on this forum from 2010 are...
    I'm surprised at the ammount of people that didn't get this post.

I found it pretty funny myself.
  • Plankton wrote:
    Jerome230 wrote:
    I am so annoyed--where was the "K" on Ed's shirt and how come they were smiling and seemed so happy?

And the nominees for the single most idiotic post on this forum from 2010 are...
    I'm surprised at the ammount of people that didn't get this post.

I found it pretty funny myself.

Me too. It's sarcasm people, jeez.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I was at the taping ! Such a cool experience ! Got to hang around after the show and ended up meeting everyone except eddie. So cool! then i got to go to the after party, it was awesome, shook eddie's hand there. one of the best nights of my life !

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

4Powers20 wrote:
    I was at the taping ! Such a cool experience ! Got to hang around after the show and ended up meeting everyone except eddie. So cool! then i got to go to the after party, it was awesome, shook eddie's hand there. one of the best nights of my life !
    :o
    Congrats!!!
    Any more info to share??!!!
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    i could keep going for an hour, but I have alot of work to do. i will when I get home. I will say Julian from the strokes was at the after party and seemed like a real cool person.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,472
    So i'm watching other friends rip's, High Def versions, other recorded SNL Pearl Jam jam's from Saturday Night channels, and there's footage I didn't get to see here on Global TV Maritimes. :shock:

The footage of the guy's seconds before the Pearl Jam wallpaper comes up, then Jude introduces Pearl Jam. Feels like 10 seconds worth of footage, clip's before Just Breathe & Unthought Known.

vlcsnap2010031515h38m34.png
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    demetrios wrote:
    So i'm watching other friends rip's, High Def versions, other recorded SNL Pearl Jam jam's from Saturday Night channels, and there's footage I didn't get to see here on Global TV Maritimes. :shock:

The footage of the guy's seconds before the Pearl Jam wallpaper comes up, then Jude introduces Pearl Jam. Feels like 10 seconds worth of footage, clip's before Just Breathe & Unthought Known.

yep...during the commercials they came back for 10 secs then went to another commercial
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,472
    norm wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

yep...during the commercials they came back for 10 secs then went to another commercial

I hate Global TV with a passion! :x We don't get to see that. :cry:

What I hate about Cable TV in general is if 4 channels is gonna broadcast a game or popular show, on their very own station, one Canadian Local channel will take control of all those channels, and use it's airwaves to broadcast it's own commercials & show (quality). I have 3 NBC channels here on Digital Cable. But I also have Channel 6, Global TV, a local TV station. If Channel 6 get's the right's to show Saturday Night Live, it takes control of the other 3 NBC channels. I can't see USA commercials on the other 3 stations. It's not far! :evil:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the more i watch the twilight zone clip the better it gets

oh and the songs were cool also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    the more i watch the twilight zone clip the better it gets

agreed. totally.
  • you cant see it? its toning up! it seems healthy and dangerous!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    you cant see it? its toning up! it seems healthy and dangerous!
    "The nightmare in the sky is over. But, on the ground, a man who has decided to exercise for the very first time, is killed by falling elliptical machine. And also, members of Pearl Jam."
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    the echoing affect when ed sang the part in "Unthought Known"

"Feel the sky blanket you
    With gems and rhinestones!!!
    See the path cut by the moon
    For you to walk on"

BLOWS ME AWAY!!!!~

<3<3<3
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    YAY YAY YAY! I just need to add that I FINALLY got a dowload of the SNL songs to play, worked out how to get my computer to play it & so YAY YAY YAY I've seen it now & mmmm-mmmmmmm nice!!
    & yeah, what's with the inside-out t-shirt?
    & yeah, Unthought Known went off much more than JB even though JB is a fabulous song of course(JMHO).
    & ha ha about people's comments about Ed's left arm being bigger than his right coz he's had a few months at home which = carrying kids around!!
    Anyway I'm stoked that I've seen it, seen something new of them vs old footage which is great but.... So a big YAY from a newbee at downloading stuff in New Zealand!! :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

i was crying when i reheard that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • et21et21 Posts: 112
    It was amazing. I almost didn't watch it live an figured I'd watch it on the net, but watching it live is much more fun. The anticipation, not knowing if they will appear in a sketch, knowing that what you are watching is happening 7 second ago. It's fun! If I saw it later the thrill of the Twilight Zone Sketch would have been much less. That was an awesome sketch. :)

The performances blew me away. I was fully expecting some sped-up versions of some very amazing songs, or a standard rocker. I was surprised to see more mellow, thought-provoking songs played. I like when they show another side of them that most people don't get to see. I'm sure a lot of people didn't expect it and for those people who think PJ is all faster rockers might take a second look and discover some real treasures. The rock songs are good, but I love when the boys show another side of themselves.

Also, for me, these were the first time I have heard these songs as I haven't listened to Backspacer yet. It felt like they were opening another door of musical possibilities. Seriously, it felt like my mind was opening up. I seriously hope this band continues for a long time because they are my life soundtrack and love growing with this band. This makes me very excited to hear the new album and see them in May :)

As for the rest of the show, it wasn't that bad actually. SNL usually = bad for me but I've realized it very dependent on the cast and writers. This one wasn't that bad, actually. The Prius, Home Security System, Underground Rock Fest, Weekend Update, and the Russian parts of the Secret Word were funny (and of course the Twilight Zone). The Massa sketch, Hamlet auditions, monologue, typewriter lady, Boombox song , and that Indian talk show were really bad. Well, so it's 1/2 bad. It could be a LOT better but for me if the show is 90 minutes I just watch it on demand and it ends up being 30 min w/o commercials or bad sketches so it's OK.
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • et21et21 Posts: 112
    Oh, the Spain sketch was not the good either.
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218

i was crying when i reheard that

that was an abosolute riot, i had to watch it 3 or 4 times...

I NEED A GOOD STILL PICTURE OF THEM ALL ON THE WING, WITH MIKE"S GREAT LOOK OF HORROR.

Who has a Jpeg ????? many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.