Pearl Jam Scheduled for SNL in March

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i love it..im waiting like crazy to see Unthought Known live..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    i love it..im waiting like crazy to see Unthought Known live..

It is AWESOME..you are going to squeal like a little girl ;) when you get to see them play it live, over and over and over and over ...OH AND OVER AGAIN :lol::lol::lol:

Not jealous very much at all! :roll:
  • I am so annoyed--where was the "K" on Ed's shirt and how come they were smiling and seemed so happy?

?! How long have you been a fan for? Why wouldn't you be happy that the guys are happy???
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • i bet theyll play unthought known and just breathe

You guessed it! How did you know? I thought we might hear Force of Nature.
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Hmmmm...rethinking my plans in May...time to look for flights back east...nice job!
    xoxo
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Byrnzie wrote:

Champion! Thank you!
  • TheBeach wrote:
    man, i wonder who was the poor sap who had to tell eddie to turn his shirt inside out?
    Anybody know what was on his shirt?

YES! Thank you! I was surprised more people weren't asking this?? I came on here specifically b/c I was wondering this! Anyone know?????? I also liked Zinn on his guitar.
    "...find my direction magnetically..."
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    not really sure where all of the criticism is coming from.....

OK, didn't bother reading the previous pages but ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?? You people need to just shut the fuck up and appreciate what you're given for a minute. Anyone who bitched about any of these two songs tonight is a blabbering idiot. Both songs sounded perfect. I completely agree with this Aaron guy here.

That's all most people do here. Why are they even here? :roll:
  • man, i wonder who was the poor sap who had to tell eddie to turn his shirt inside out?

Some intern I'm sure. :lol:
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    edited March 2010
    Well compared to their last appearance which was on Conan, Ed looks thinner, voice sounds a lot better. I enjoyed both songs but they are not the 2 that I personally go reaching for..

SNL is not funny...the news was the only part that I found mildly amusing..sometimes I wonder how SNL is still on the air but hell...its Saturday night...nothing else is on.
    Post edited by t0mMye on
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jerry Seinfeld looked like a "fan" at the end ,
    standing and chatting with Ed and the other PJ members,

I couldnt help but speculate that it was because of PJs being there
    that Jerry made an appearance on Weekend Update .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,461
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:

OK, didn't bother reading the previous pages but ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?? You people need to just shut the fuck up and appreciate what you're given for a minute. Anyone who bitched about any of these two songs tonight is a blabbering idiot. Both songs sounded perfect. I completely agree with this Aaron guy here.

Well put. People who criticize the "sound" have no clue about 85% of the time... :roll:

Now if you want to talk about how old Eddie is starting to look, that's another story. But can you fault him? It comes with time. ;) I'm no spring chicken myself...lol
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I caught that. I know Eddie has his Hollywood "buds" but it for some reason was kind of neat seeing him with Seinfeld. Great appearance on SNL last night for sure. Now to the mystery of the shirt turned inside out!
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    That was beautiful.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    Ed had a checkered button down on during the 1st rehersal than the same t-shirt turned inside out as well for the dress rehersal
  • "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Or it is because Jerry has a new show on NBC.
  • TheBeach wrote:
    man, i wonder who was the poor sap who had to tell eddie to turn his shirt inside out?
    Anybody know what was on his shirt?

YES! Thank you! I was surprised more people weren't asking this?? I came on here specifically b/c I was wondering this! Anyone know?????? I also liked Zinn on his guitar.

It said: Philadelphia 76ers!!!!!!!
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    JV130312 wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Aaron 23 wrote:

Well put. People who criticize the "sound" have no clue about 85% of the time... :roll:

Now if you want to talk about how old Eddie is starting to look, that's another story. But can you fault him? It comes with time. ;) I'm no spring chicken myself...lol

Personally, anybody who comments on how Eddie looks is an asshat. Everybody gets older. Who cares. He is an artist, not a runway model. Besides, I think he looks just fine! :D
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Or it is because Jerry has a new show on NBC.

Exactly..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748

Personally, anybody who comments on how Eddie looks is an asshat. Everybody gets older. Who cares. He is an artist, not a runway model. Besides, I think he looks just fine! :D

I thought he looked pretty freaking good last night. He's got a few grays, but so do I, and I'm a 13 years younger than him and a woman!
  • chrisg72chrisg72 Posts: 112
    Lauri wrote:

I thought he looked pretty freaking good last night. He's got a few grays, but so do I, and I'm a 13 years younger than him and a woman!

I agree!!
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • bulabulabulabula Posts: 41
    The sound quality was terrible during Unthought Known. Hard to hear anybody except for Ed, especially Boom.
  • raa0425raa0425 Posts: 34
    Lauri wrote:

No joke. I actually thought he looked hotter than usual. :lol:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Glad I DVR'd this. I couldn't stay awake for it last night.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,533
    aNiMaL wrote:

Not to mention you can fastforward to the PJ performances, DVR's are great!
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-pa ... -live.html

It's rare that I focus my "Saturday Night Live" recap on the musical guest, but Pearl Jam overshadowed host Jude Law and the "SNL" players this week.

It wasn't Law's fault. He was fine--charming, warm and a total pro in the sketches. But the material just wasn't there. This week's edition felt a little tired, as if the "SNL" writers and performers were exhausted after three weeks of original shows. Maybe Loren Michaels should stick to the two-weeks-on, two-weeks-off schedule.

Back to Pearl Jam. Wow, if ever a musical guest deserved a third performance it was this week. Eddie Vedder sounded amazing singing "Just Breathe" and "Unthought Known" from "Backspacer." Instead of repeating the Under-Underground Records (another sign cast and crew needed a break), "SNL" could have let Eddie and the boys play another tune.
    Hmm. I'm sensing an (awesome) pattern here. Guess all the haters must just live behind their computers.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/03/ ... best-bits/

Jude Law was the host, but musical guest Pearl Jam was the real star of last night’s episode of “Saturday Night Live.”

Pearl Jam sounded great in their two songs, and they proved be funny too, popping up briefly in a send-up “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” the famous “Twilight Zone” episode starring William Shatner as a man who sees a gremlin on the wing of an airplane. In “SNL’s” version, Law plays the Shatner role, and the gremlin is joined on the wing by Pearl Jam.
    http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/03/14/sa ... -jude-law/

As for Pearl Jam: Eddie Vedder sounded terrific twice, on both the ballad and the rocker. The band also made a cameo in the Twilight Zone sketch that almost lifted the bit into hilarity. Well done, gentlemen.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Zod wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Not to mention you can fastforward to the PJ performances, DVR's are great!
    But I am glad i didn't, or I would have missed the skit PJ was in!! Plus, I like SNL.
This discussion has been closed.