The most random celebrity you've met or have seen

12346»

Comments

• One time when I was probably about 6, my family and my Dad's friend's family were on vacation. Somehow my Dad and his friend found out where Muhammed Ali lived and went over to his house and rang the doorbell. His butler or w.e came to the gate in a golf cart and allowed us to go inside. I guess we went into his Library and he was doing magic tricks for me and my Dad's friend's son.

I don't really remember it, except I swear I remember playing with a toy truck in his hallway. I dont know though.

btw this was probably back in like 1994, or around then.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Also in addition to the Muhammed Ali story

In the summer of 08 when Barrack Obama was still a Presidential candidate, I literally almost ran into him.

I was a lifeguard at a really upscale Gym/Club in downtown Chicago called East Bank Club. Obama and his family would go there sometimes when they were in town. I was on the pool deck and had to turn around and run to another pool, and when I turned around Obama was right in front of me.

I also lifeguarded for his daughters while they played in the pool another time.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Ran into Larry from the Three's Company at a Dodger game back in the 80's! :lol:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Met and shook the hand of Terry Fox during his Marathon of Hope in 1980. He's not a celebrity, but he is a Canadian icon/legend and was a great human being.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768

Well being from West Chester i've seen Bam Margera, Rake Yohn, brandon DiCamillo, Raab, Ryan Dunn (gues from Jackass, Viva La Bam, cKy) A few of my friends went to high school with them so that is pretty cool. I used to see Brandon where I worked a lot so I talk to him and he's a cool guy. I went to high school with Kerr Smith but he graduated a few years before I did, so I may have seen him in the hallway. I did graduate with his sister though.

few weeks ago i was working my part time job at kmart in W.C. one night and this guy comes in and wants a big tv cause the one he got earlier was too small for the one that they were filming. I thought it was Bam but wasn't 100% sure. He def. looked different than the last time i saw him which was about a year or two ago. He was heavier and had a lot of tats and the voice kinda threw me off. But after seeing this video it def. was him. He looks a lot like his dad now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0fb8LtfpA
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    I have never heard of any of your "celebrities"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • StevieG said:

Met and shook the hand of Terry Fox during his Marathon of Hope in 1980. He's not a celebrity, but he is a Canadian icon/legend and was a great human being.

Tip of the hat to you sir.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Bob Clendenin in a Tucson dive bar.
    He isn't a recognizable name but everybody knows his face and he's been on about a dozen tv shows including regular roles on Scrubs, That 70s Show, 10 Items or Less, and Cougartown.

Only "celebrity" I have ever met.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited March 2016
    I saw Matthew McConaughey in the electronics department of the London Drugs at the mall by my house. He appeared to be shopping for some kind of laptop accessory, like a charger cord or something.

Tom Selleck was filming some movie in my neighborhood when I was a kid, and I was a big fan so I spazzed when I saw him walking by (okay, I crawled under some bushes to get closer to the movie set first, lol) and ran up to him (I was maybe 7), and he patted my head and said "hello sweetie." :heart:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    At the big Kentucky State Fair, my grandma was walking through where the animals were to get cash from an ATM while my cousin and I were at the concert and she walked right passed a very drunk and red faced William Shatner with a young pretty girl on his arm...when she told me she had passed him, I told her she should have told him that her granddaughter loves him! To this day I regret having not gone with her....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    Delivered a refrigerator to Brad Stevens in Syracuse, IN.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • I met Rob over two days in Philly this year. Big time celebrity. :lol:

Also, I buddied up a number of years ago with Seal out in from on a restaurant in Bel Air because we were the smokers. (Yes, Seal smoked then....probably 1997? 1998?)
    Both of us were with decent size groups and kept sneaking out for smokes with our drinks.
    He came over and said goodbye to me when he was done a few hours later, told me it was good to meet/talk with me.
    My table all stopped and when he left they asked me if I knew who that was.
    Of course I did -- guy is pretty singular looking.
    We were both 49ers fans and he was flying up the next day to be on the sidelines as a guest of Steve Young. Lucky bastard.
    Very normal guy -- except for the fact that he was name dropping Steve Young, he could have been any other guy sneaking smokes outside of any other restaurant.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    My dad bumped into the iron sheik and Ron Simmons in his drinking days at a bar. My brother and I were 8 or 10 years old and loved WWF wrestling. So he asked them for an autograph. My dad's version goes something like this:

Dad: hey guys, my son's are big fans. Would you mind giving them an autograph?
    Iron shiek: I give you autograph, you buy me Heineken.

Either way, he came home with 2 bar napkins with their autograph.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Played poker at the same table with Ving Rhames (Marcellus Wallace) at the Venetian in Vegas a couple years ago. Had him dominated AA Vs KK, got it all in on the flop and he ended up rivering a King to beat me. Took about a grand from me with that beat. I'll never forget it. It's a cool story in person.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I have interviewed both Seal and Val Kilmer. Seal has a reputation for being difficult to interview, but it went very well. And Val Kilmer was ultra nice, I almost had a crush on him!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Sat down next to Nick Mason at the Hard Rock in Myrtle Beach.
    Hitched a ride on a golf cart driven by Michael Andretti to get in from the rain. To be fair I had a pit/paddock pass, it was downpouring, and I was nowhere near shelter so it wasn't exactly "random."