The most random celebrity you've met or have seen

Comments

• g under p wrote:
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Many others when I worked graveyard at Denny's back in school in Hampton Va. All the rock stars and roadies would come in after their shows AC/DC, Van Halen, The Wailers, The Greatful Dead, David Bryne of Talking Heads are just a few.

Peace

Haha! I used to work graveyard at Denny's but all we got were the same homeless people and skinheads every night.

I was very lucky we had the Hampton Coliseum which in the early 80's was the busiest concert venue on the east coast. Everybody played there due to the acoustics and the size of the place around 14-15,000 general admission. I also worked there as security, most times I wasn't securing anything I was watching the shows many of them.

That's before Mercury Blvd got built up so if these musicians/roadies were hungry Denny's was THE place to eat. Our food was good and quick and most folks other than a weekends we were rather empty. They usually would show up around 3-4 in the morning very tranquil and peaceful. :D

Peace
    Did you grow up on the other side of the bridge? The Mrs. is a Nah-fawk girl...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    have had gwen steffani, bob weir, rob wasserman, kevin bacon, billy corrigan, james iha, d'arcy, tricky, bruce hornsby and more in my old minivan. other than that, have conversed either long or short or bumped into stephen tyler, howard stern, ben harper, ed ved, pj harvey' jennifer lopez, madonna, metallica, backstreet boys, dean butterworth, the state comedians, diana ross, and a bunch of others.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I have a pretty bizarre story about partying with Tracy Morgan that is way too difficult to type. Let's just say, he is a strange fucking guy and was really fucked up on all types of shit.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    Are we talking about getting autographs too? cuz if so my list would be way longer (athletes and wrestlers)

Well being from West Chester i've seen Bam Margera, Rake Yohn, brandon DiCamillo, Raab, Ryan Dunn (gues from Jackass, Viva La Bam, cKy) A few of my friends went to high school with them so that is pretty cool. I used to see Brandon where I worked a lot so I talk to him and he's a cool guy. I went to high school with Kerr Smith but he graduated a few years before I did, so I may have seen him in the hallway. I did graduate with his sister though.

Other than that I saw Anson Williams (Potsie Webber from Happy Days) a few years ago where I work now, Stein Mart, he bought a fur coat. I've seen and met Ed Rendell many times.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    g under p wrote:
    scb wrote:

Haha! I used to work graveyard at Denny's but all we got were the same homeless people and skinheads every night.

I was very lucky we had the Hampton Coliseum which in the early 80's was the busiest concert venue on the east coast. Everybody played there due to the acoustics and the size of the place around 14-15,000 general admission. I also worked there as security, most times I wasn't securing anything I was watching the shows many of them.

That's before Mercury Blvd got built up so if these musicians/roadies were hungry Denny's was THE place to eat. Our food was good and quick and most folks other than a weekends we were rather empty. They usually would show up around 3-4 in the morning very tranquil and peaceful. :D

Peace
    Did you grow up on the other side of the bridge? The Mrs. is a Nah-fawk girl...

I had to read that a couple times to figure out what you were talking about. No, I went to school at Hampton Institute which became Hampton University. I hardly ever ventured over to Norfolk except to play Norfolk State University and an occasional concert @ The Norfolk Scope like U2 on their WAR Tour.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I saw bruce willis and madeline stowe when they were filming 12 monkeys
    I have also seen Bill crosby at the bookstore and the guy who used to host the 1.99 beauty pageant
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    although it is to be expected he would be there, it was the casualness of it that sort of shocked me. Adrien Grenier's band was playing a gig at a local music venue, literally feet from my apartment. As I volunteer at said music venue, I stopped in the main office, and there was Adrien Grenier, eating a bag of doritos and just hanging out, in this cramped office space.

haha the guy in real life is completely opposite of who vinny chase is. i saw him perform with his band the honey brothers at a festival and he was so casual. didn't make one entourage reference whatsoever.

but about three months ago i was in a rest stop in upstate new york and i was taking a piss at the urinal and in comes jim cramer. the man completely broke man law by standing right next to me at the urinal. after we were done and washing our hands, i look at him in the mirror and say, "hey! you're jim cramer!" he said yup. and then i was getting something to eat at the little mcdonald's they had in the rest stop and he comes over and asks them for a latte, which they didn't have. i thought he was gonna go all "mad money" on the mcdonald's lady but he got a coffee instead.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Rode in an elevator with Brooke Smith (Dr. Hahn, Greys Anatomy) in the Wilshire District of Los Angeles. Blocked Billy Zane's driveway with my delivery truck. Used to do small talk with Dr. Drew Pinsky when he was a customer of mine. Hung with Jerry O'Connell in Ensenada one night; chins-er only bought we one beer after kissing his ass for 20 minutes. 000000000
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Most wacky and random...Carrot Top at a plant nursery.

Most awesome...10 feet away from Jessica Biel, in a bikini, getting out of pool. It actually didn't dawn on me who she was until my wife came back from the lobby later that day and says "guess who I just saw walking around?

I also worked at a photo lab and developed Brooke Shields' and Andre Agassi's film once. Dick Smothers, too.

Also ran into Dave A. playing slots at the Alladdin Hotel before the gig in '93. Super cool dude.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I was once standing in line at the Paia Fish Market in Maui and saw Jim Carey pass by outside. I started telling my friend all about how I don't like Jim Carey. Finally I turned around and realized he had come in and was standing in line behind me. Neither of us said anything but I felt like an ass. Then, later when he and his friend and me and my friend were out going in and out of the little shops in Paia, he stopped us and make a joke about something. Seemed like a nice guy.
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I was an extra on the movie Get Shorty in April of 1995, and I during the day I actually walked by Gene Hackman and shook his hand. You're not supposed to look at or communicate with the leads, but no one else was around/or paying attention. Oh, Danny Devito is very short, hence the title "Get Shorty."
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    CJMST3K wrote:
    have had gwen steffani, bob weir, rob wasserman, kevin bacon, billy corrigan, james iha, d'arcy, tricky, bruce hornsby and more in my old minivan. other than that, have conversed either long or short or bumped into stephen tyler, howard stern, ben harper, ed ved, pj harvey' jennifer lopez, madonna, metallica, backstreet boys, dean butterworth, the state comedians, diana ross, and a bunch of others.

Yea....well, is that all?... your one lucky Dude, or is it your just so cool to hang around? :D

When I was 9 years old, I was a big fan of the British TV show 'The Professionals', and loved " Bodie" played by Martin Shaw.
    I was involved in a drama group and we were doing a show and donating money for Telethon.
    I met him in front of the cameras on live TV, and some girls with me told him I " LOVED " him, and so he singled me out of the group and I got to kiss him on the cheek.....on telly.

So I'm guessing that's all the celebrity encounter I'm gunna get this life.
    Who else gets to peck thier hero on TV? :P
  • I met Ian Rush once - a legend!
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Joe Namath tackled me and I didn't know it was him until later. Long story.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Met the Harlem Globertrotters as a kid...my mom still has autographs somewhere
    Interviewed Charlie Daniels....on the phone
    Interviewed Johnny Bench
    Interviewed...damn...can't remember his name.....played for Tampa Bay Bucs and was from Florida
    Met Carrie Underwood
    Met and drank a beer with Archie Manning
    Met blues-rock guitarist Corey Stevens and talked for quite a while....that's pretty damn random considering maybe two people here would know who he is....so maybe he doesn't count as a celebrity???
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    At our company outting, we ran into Bernard Berrian. He signed a bunch of autographs for people. I didin't ask for one since i prefer to leave peopel alone.

Had dinner across the room from Brian Urlacher at Mortons.

GF and I were strolling thru Ceasers in Vegas. Pete Rose was there signing. GF aslso noticed some rapper walking around(i forget who it was)

Vedder sat a couple of suites down at wrigley from us. I didn't realize until later. Girl from the office got some pics with him.

I suppose if hung out in the city more, i might see a few more. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I've run into a few random low level celebrities. Most have happened in Las Vegas. One time i was walking down the strip and literally almost ran into Ron Jeremy. He was wearing an unbuttoned Hawaiian-type shirt and track/sweatsuit pants and had some hot chick on his arm. I so wanted to ask for a picture but unfortunately I was with my mother and sister at the time and would have felt awkward explaining who he was.

Then one time I was in vegas at the little outdoor cafe at the Paris hotel and Matthew Lesko walked by. He's the guy from the Get Free Stuff from the government informational. He also wears suits with question marks all over him. And he in fact did have a gray suit with questions marks on. Unfortunately, no one i was with knew who he was. Apparently, I watch too much tv.

MattLesko-cropped.jpg

One of my favorites encounters took place in a random restaurant bar type place near times square in new york. I was sitting at a table near the door with my back to the door. I hear the door open and hear a voice that is unmistakable. I turn and just over my shoulder in waks Beetlejuice from the howard stern show. It was hilarious but again the people I was with didn't really know who he was. He is even smaller than he looks on TV.

Lastly, I saw Flavor Flav in the vegas airport a number of years back, and he was definately wearing his wall-clock necklace thing.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    edited February 2010
    Jo wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Yea....well, is that all?... your one lucky Dude, or is it your just so cool to hang around? :D

oh, I forgot Dave Matthews, Sonic Youth, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elton John, Mean Gene Okerlund (and a ton of wrestlers), Vince McMahon, Sarah Brightman, Harry Connick Jr, Ricky Martin, Joe Pesci, Doug Pinneck, and Candlebox.

Edit: Add Joey Ramone (reminded by the post below)

Edit 2: I guess it counts watching Gene Simmons and a coworker having a heated discussion outside the backdoor of the Hammerstein, but didn't list it since I was just observing.
    Post edited by CJMST3K on
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Mike McCready on 16th Street in downtown Denver!
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm not sure if it's random or not but I remember being at the Roseland in NYC back in the late 90s and Joey Ramone walked past me and my friends. That was pretty surreal.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • I touched George Harrison with my stomach as he walked past me at a funeral.

Fuck all of you. I touched a Beatle.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    My Beatles moment. Ringo Starr at a party, I was too shy to say anything, but I had this great old camera with him (it was my dad's) and he asked me about it and we had a conversation about my father's camera and I am such a moron - I DIDN'T take a photo.

Living in LA you see a lot of 'em - most recent was Jaqueline Bisset at the dentist office. I don't know how old she is, but she looked great.
  • Gene Simmons having breakfast at the St. Regis Hotel in NYC. He is very tall and oddly attractive. Very well groomed and seemed gracious and polite to the hotel staff.

Best sighting...Sean Penn at Ed's acoustic show in Chicago getting in to his limo. Very gracious to those of us who said hello.
  • saw stone casually walking the street twice but im not sure he's a real celebrity ;)

met jeff in a lobby

i don't know why they always visit that same towns i'm in. weird.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Work in midtown Manhattan and lived all over the city. Happens all the time.

always in NYC and always running into them.
    Tim Robbins on broadway on my way to see SSSC.
    Mikee twice in San Fran (first china town then haight/asbury)
    Eddie in Darby
    sat with the strokes at the letterman concert
    ny ranger players all the time
    sat in front of Tom collichlio (top chef)
    ran into moby at a duran duran concert
    tim Robbins at a rangers game last year. We talked about Eddie and I told his son he was fucked up for grabbing Eds harmonica out of his younger brothers hand in jersey. (happened in front of my friend and I)
  • I have been a hotel manager for 10 years now and I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of celebreties. In 2007 I was working at a 5 diamond hotel, and my job title was Director of VIP Services. Basically my job was to be the go-to guy for our VIP's and celebreties.

I am not going to bore you with name dropping etc etc...but my absolute favorite story of all time (and one that I tell to my staff) is my encounter with Flava Flav.

Mr. Flav was staying in my hotel and claimed he requested a 2pm wake up call which he never got, and he slept past 2pm and missed an event (was at Canadian Music Week).

He came down to the lobby with his posse (about 10-15 huge dudes, and some nice looking ladies).

In the middle of the lobby he was going crazy and his Posse was starting to yell at me as well.

At one point (I swear this is true - you can't make this shit up) Flava Flav said to me "Do you know what time it is"? - I found this reaaly funny - because I think "Do you know what time it is" was a name of one of his songs.

I responded by saying "yes, Mr. Flav, going by the time on the GIGANTIC CLOCK around your neck, it is 3:15. Maybe you should have set your alarm on that clock, and we wouldn't be in this mess"

Most his entourage started killing themselves laughing, and one guy even said "Flav - you just got owned by that white boy". Then they all left.

Swear to God - True story
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Alvin Startdust
    The lead singer from Tight Fit
  • I have been a hotel manager for 10 years now and I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of celebreties. In 2007 I was working at a 5 diamond hotel, and my job title was Director of VIP Services. Basically my job was to be the go-to guy for our VIP's and celebreties.

I am not going to bore you with name dropping etc etc...but my absolute favorite story of all time (and one that I tell to my staff) is my encounter with Flava Flav.

Mr. Flav was staying in my hotel and claimed he requested a 2pm wake up call which he never got, and he slept past 2pm and missed an event (was at Canadian Music Week).

He came down to the lobby with his posse (about 10-15 huge dudes, and some nice looking ladies).

In the middle of the lobby he was going crazy and his Posse was starting to yell at me as well.

At one point (I swear this is true - you can't make this shit up) Flava Flav said to me "Do you know what time it is"? - I found this reaaly funny - because I think "Do you know what time it is" was a name of one of his songs.

I responded by saying "yes, Mr. Flav, going by the time on the GIGANTIC CLOCK around your neck, it is 3:15. Maybe you should have set your alarm on that clock, and we wouldn't be in this mess"

Most his entourage started killing themselves laughing, and one guy even said "Flav - you just got owned by that white boy". Then they all left.

Swear to God - True story
    This is great
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    LIVING IN NYC ..its more like who haven't we've seen

however meeting stone and jeff in a nyc DANCE CLUB was pretty weird

talk about outta place :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Rick Mahorn from the infamous bad boy Detroit Pistons and the 76ers. Saw him just cruising through an empty mall in the middle of the afternoon one time while in college.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13