The most random celebrity you've met or have seen

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bumped in Christian Slater, literally, while holding a 4 foot yellow stuffed animal hippo, he laughed at me.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    bumped in Christian Slater, literally, while holding a 4 foot yellow stuffed animal hippo, he laughed at me.

That's funny because I was dressed as a yellow stuffed chicken once when I bumped into Slater from Saved By The Bell. ;)

(it sounded funnier in my head, but then I typed it anyway. :D )
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Mike O'Malley

He was throwing out the first pitch at a game between the red sox and yankees. We were walking around the stadium after the game looking for something to eat and ran into him in the street. I asked him if I could have my picture with him and he said sure. He hamed it up for the camera.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    rustie.jpg

Had to go and google her as I couldn't remember her full name. I just kept having flashbacks of her laugh.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    edited August 2010
    I've got a couple that spring to mind, the first one is pretty cool, the second one is very random.

I met Trent Reznor in HMV in Sydney in 2007. He wasn't there for a signing or anything, he was just shopping and I was meeting a friend that worked there for lunch. He was complaining to the staff that "Year Zero" was too expensive and that he didn't want people to pay that much for his music. He signed a some cds for a couple of us and seemed like a nice enough guy. NIN played an awesome show at the Hordern Pavillion that night and halfway through the set, Trent said that he wanted us all to go out and steal a copy of the album the next day!

Slightly more bizarrely, my wife got hit in the side of the head by Phillip Seymour Hoffman in New York once! We were walking through a crowd outside a theatre when he came out of the door, reached over to shake someone's hand and caught her right in the side of the head. I was right behind her and didn't realise who it was at first. It was a total accident and he was really apologetic about it and wanted to make sure she was ok. I didn't tell him that we hadn't been to see his play!
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    About a month ago one of the guys from Queer Eye for The Straight Guy was in our store. I didn't know who he was until someone pointed him out. Wouldn't have known anyway, I just heard of his name and know he is from PA..
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Justin Guarini (runner up from American Idol Season 1) eating a taco in Los Angeles.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Bill Monroe

I have his autograph on a dollar bill

I resisted saying on a dollar bill monroe
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Pete Rose

I talked to him for about 45 minutes in the airport.

Actually on a delayed flight going to see PJ in Philly in Oct.

But I don't think Pete Rose is random

What the fyuck is a random celebrity anyway?

Here is it somebody not from Pearl Jam?
  • Mine was pretty silly and random and I still get crap about it from my friends.

A bunch of us were (drunkenly) walking around NYC looking at sights and trying to get to a particular restaurant. As we're walking we pass a theatre that lists Amanda Peet as the star. So I start ranting about how crazy it is that she stars in anything, never mind a play. And how they must have been fucking insane to hire her, etc. All the time, I'm looking up at the marquee, so I don't notice walking directly into someone. I apologize and kind of stumble away.

My friends are all cracking up, so I turn and look back.

Yup, Amanda Peet standing on the sidewalk in front of the theatre glaring at me. Crap.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Geez, seeing Hoff name the people off, and I'm compiling my list....really truly random:

Gary Payton, Ken Griffey Jr, Cortez Kennedy, Detleff Schrempf, Ricky Prohl, Kurt Warner, Azhir Hakim, Julie Andrews, Firehouse, Nickelback, Warrant, Chris Cornell, Krist Novoselic, Kurt Cobain, Ben McMillian (from Gruntruck), Robert Schimmel, Jeff Dunham, couple of deckhands from 'Deadliest Catch'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    have had gwen steffani, bob weir, rob wasserman, kevin bacon, billy corrigan, james iha, d'arcy, tricky, bruce hornsby and more in my old minivan. other than that, have conversed either long or short or bumped into stephen tyler, howard stern, ben harper, ed ved, pj harvey' jennifer lopez, madonna, metallica, backstreet boys, dean butterworth, the state comedians, diana ross, and a bunch of others.
    do you do runner work on the side?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Met Joe Montana in the SF airport back in the early 90's. Oh, and that same trip I watched the Superbowl at Robert Conrad's house. He lived just down the road from my uncle in Bear Valley CA. I didnt (and still dont) really know who he was. Rode in the elevator with Joe Theisman at a Jaguars game. Met Warren Moon at a the Maxim Superbowl party - I was shitfaced but my buddy told me I apparently shot the shit with him for like 30 minutes. Chatted with Chris Berman and Chris Mortenson once. And a few more that I've met while I was working: Tim McGRaw & Faith Hill, Keith Urban, Billie Joel, lead singer of 311 (dont know his name), Amy Lee from Evanescance, Rod Stewart, Kenny Chesney, FL Mayor Charlie Crist, GA governor Sonny Perdue, Jack Del Rio, Rasheen Mathis, & Urban Meyer. Also hung out with Tim Tebow's brother a few times and met Tim once. Think that's about it.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    NYC while walking around we saw Michael Douglas on a break from filming "A Perfect Murder"

I love that line he says from that movie "... that's not happiness to see me now is it..."
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    CJMST3K wrote:
    have had gwen steffani, bob weir, rob wasserman, kevin bacon, billy corrigan, james iha, d'arcy, tricky, bruce hornsby and more in my old minivan. other than that, have conversed either long or short or bumped into stephen tyler, howard stern, ben harper, ed ved, pj harvey' jennifer lopez, madonna, metallica, backstreet boys, dean butterworth, the state comedians, diana ross, and a bunch of others.

I've worked as everything from a runner to a production manager , but most of the time as a production asst/production coordinator in the NY/NJ area. Changed careers about 9 years ago. :D
  • Michael Jordan at the NCAA championship game at Ford Field in Detroit. Bought tickets from a scalper outside. They ended up being in a private suite just a few doors down from the suite MJ was in. Anyway, he was hanging out around the bar at the end of halftime.

Sean Penn at a Eddie Vedder solo show a couple years ago.

Sat next to former NFL QB Trent Green at a Royals game.
    tacos
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Last Saturday, I waited on the dad from "That 70s Show." I've never watched it, but everybody at work was calling him "Red Forman." I don't think that was his real name, though.
    He's a pescatarian

Red a pescatarian? Nice! Go Red! (I don't know his real name. :? )
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I recently met Patterson Hood. Not really a celebrity, nor was it random, but the guy is probably one of the coolest and most polite guys I've met.

An incredibly swell guy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I met Jeff Danials at the local guitar shop. He blew me off. His son is in a band that plays at my house sometimes they are really good. I met Dave Grohl outside a Foo Fighters show. He was a really nice guy. And I once was driving on the highway and Tiger Woods was in the lane next to me. He was in town for a golf event. The only person I was excited for was Dave Grohl. I know nothing of Golf and i'm not the biggest Jeff Danials fan.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • My friend also claims that in Chicago Christopher Walken was walking on the sidewalk. When my friend was walking up to him to talk he just said "YEAH IM CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!" and kept on walking.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,481
    BinGnarly wrote:
    My friend also claims that in Chicago Christopher Walken was walking on the sidewalk. When my friend was walking up to him to talk he just said "YEAH IM CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!" and kept on walking.

I saw you talkin' to Christopher Walken
    We saw Jerry Springer at Nate N' Al's deli in Beverly Hills last Friday night.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I've worked as everything from a runner to a production manager , but most of the time as a production asst/production coordinator in the NY/NJ area. Changed careers about 9 years ago. :D

remind us all, didn't you once work at MSG???????????
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Yup. More than once. :D
    CJMST3K wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Yup. More than once. :D

d'oh!
  • At the 2000 Final Four in Indianapolis, Earvin "Magic" Johnson walked right past me and my dad. We were just outside the RCA Dome shooting the breeze and waiting for the first semi-final game to start. I'm not really paying much attention, but I turned around at the time he's just near us. I was too shocked to say anything at the time, but he looked me in the eye and knew that I recognized him and he just flashed that huge grin of his and gave me a nod. Pretty cool I thought.

Shook George W. Bush's hand at a campaign thing when he spoke at my high school. I expected a firm handshake from him, but all he gave was this limp-wristed shake that felt like a dead fish.
  • LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    From my days working in DC, Jeff Corwin, Kirk Herbstreit and Luis Gonzales (for those who need reminding, he had the game winning hit against the evil Yankees in the 2001 World Series) at the White House all on different occasions.

Charles Barkley at a bar in Birmingham, AL.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Met Temple Grandin yesterday.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278469/

Grandin.jpg
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    Didn't really meet this person but a few years ago a few of my friends saw The DaVinci Code on opening night at the King Of Prussia Mall. We got there kinda early and got out seats to the back. There was a cop in the theater. One of my friends overheard he was there to hold seats for M Night Shyamalan. We didn't believe him, but sure enough a few minutes before the movie, he shows up with his wife and some friends. We didn't say anything to him though, still kinda cool. I guess he was there for the Da Vinci Code and this was the first preview for his movie Lady In The Water.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC