I Have a "The Fixer" Orange Vinyl For Sale on eBay!

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    That's the right thing to do. No hassle either. Ask the guy to send as a paypal gift meaning he pays fees. Do the deal privately and you get 750 straight. That's great going and about double value. And no hassle organising it on here and collecting payments etc

Congrats man, that's a good chunk of change. Real pleased for you.

Best wishes to you all, especially your mum
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    pdalowsky wrote:

A quote from the most awesome movie ever:

Eric Draven (the crow):

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children" ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    well at start of thread it seemed that some people didn't even believe his mum was ill now its now its buy for 7.50 or raffle it or both or just sell for 7.40 and then raffle other thing .wots going on OR have I missed something :? please enlighten me :)
    'struth that was fast evey things changed i only wrote that thread god im slow must learn to type faster :lol::lol::lol::lol: wheres the ffffffuc,.ing f :lol::lol:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    well at start of thread it seemed that some people didn't even believe his mum was ill now its now its buy for 7.50 or raffle it or both or just sell for 7.40 and then raffle other thing .wots going on OR have I missed something :? please enlighten me :)

look every thread has it's idiot

but to me it's kinda simple

poor guy learns his mum is really I'll, that would rip the heart out of any child

decides to do his best to raise money to help her. Takes the initiative and calls tenclub

they very generously help out

guy posts here

some jealous and immature fools post strange remarks

remarks quickly forgotton

in meantime someone suggests good idea to raffle

quickly following solid offer comes in for good cause

guy accepts

majority are delighted for him

now was that really so difficult?
    arq wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

A quote from the most awesome movie ever:

Eric Draven (the crow):

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children" ;)

pure gold Jose
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    awesome news about the $750.00!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

look every thread has it's idiot

but to me it's kinda simple

poor guy learns his mum is really I'll, that would rip the heart out of any child

decides to do his best to raise money to help her. Takes the initiative and calls tenclub

they very generously help out

guy posts here

some jealous and immature fools post strange remarks

remarks quickly forgotton

in meantime someone suggests good idea to raffle

quickly following solid offer comes in for good cause

guy accepts

majority are delighted for him

now was that really so difficult?
    not at all old son i missed a couple of things but there's no need to take the piss is there unless it keeps you entertained ? which if it is f..k off and take the piss out of some one else ok im glad hes making money for his mum i said so yesterday ok ........
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I think pdalowsky's reference to "idiot" was to your "people didn't even believe his mum was ill "
    jamburger wrote:
    I think pdalowsky's reference to "idiot" was to your "people didn't even believe his mum was ill "
    it just didn't seem it.
    if so pdalowsky i apologise whole heartedly old son im not on here to make enemy's :)
    guypjfreak wrote:
    if so pdalowsky i apologise whole heartedly old son im not on here to make enemy's :)
    Dream the dreams of other men,... You’ll be no ones rival,...
    :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

guypjfreak wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    it just didn't seem it.

hey it's cool, no reference at all to you I assure you
    it just didn't seem it.
    if so pdalowsky i apologise whole heartedly old son im not on here to make enemy's :)[/quote]

hey it's cool, no reference at all to you I assure you[/quote]
    top of the range old son :D catch you on the threads some time ;)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    $750 or Raffle? Hard one to decide but I thank I have to take the $750 guarantied!

Thank You for all the help and well wishes!

since it appears from your feedback rating that you're relatively new to eBay, let me offer the following piece of advice to you:

should you choose to deal directly with a potential buyer, as opposed to auctioning off the vinyl on eBay where eBay buyer/seller protection plans are in place, you'll need to take certain steps to ensure you don't run into any issues down the line when dealing with someone off eBay (or even the Porch) directly:

if you go ahead and sell the vinyl to someone who asks you to sell it privately off eBay, and the buyer pays you via Paypal there are a couple of things you need to do on your end to protect yourself against a charge-back (which could see you lose out on not only the vinyl but the amount paid for it as well). first, let any potential buyer know that he/she must use a verified Paypal account with a confirmed email address and shipping address to make payment (only ship to the confirmed address with proof of purchase and shipment). second, be sure to mail the vinyl using either a postal or courier service that can offer you tracking history and a signature required to release the package to the recipient. third, be sure to insure the vinyl for the full amount paid, and to package the vinyl with care so as to ensure it isn't damaged while being shipped. finally, if the buyer pleads with you to cut corners on any of the above-mentioned points, i would say walk away from the deal as it's not worth the risk.

just my $0.02
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    $750 or Raffle? Hard one to decide but I thank I have to take the $750 guarantied!

just my $0.02

Thank You for the info!
    And that is sterling advice

even if dealing on eBay.

This advice is still top drawer
    100 Pacer wrote:

since it appears from your feedback rating that you're relatively new to eBay, let me offer the following piece of advice to you:

should you choose to deal directly with a potential buyer, as opposed to auctioning off the vinyl on eBay where eBay buyer/seller protection plans are in place, you'll need to take certain steps to ensure you don't run into any issues down the line when dealing with someone off eBay (or even the Porch) directly:

if you go ahead and sell the vinyl to someone who asks you to sell it privately off eBay, and the buyer pays you via Paypal there are a couple of things you need to do on your end to protect yourself against a charge-back (which could see you lose out on not only the vinyl but the amount paid for it as well). first, let any potential buyer know that he/she must use a verified Paypal account with a confirmed email address and shipping address to make payment (only ship to the confirmed address with proof of purchase and shipment). second, be sure to mail the vinyl using either a postal or courier service that can offer you tracking history and a signature required to release the package to the recipient. third, be sure to insure the vinyl for the full amount paid, and to package the vinyl with care so as to ensure it isn't damaged while being shipped. finally, if the buyer pleads with you to cut corners on any of the above-mentioned points, i would say walk away from the deal as it's not worth the risk.

just my $0.02
  • What a day! I real needed the will wishes they really help! So I say Thank You ALL!!!!!

To the 10c I hope this didn’t get you inundated with call, complaints or any headaches for that matter. You helped my family in the time of need and we all appreciate it!!! Pearl Jam has always been a band that helps others in there time of need and this is one of the reason I put them at the top of my list. 10c members are a true representation of the band we all love Pearl Jam.

Peace!!!
  • 100 Pacer wrote:

just my $0.02

That advice is worth a lot more then $0.02. Good looking out 100 Pacer.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    are you going to relist it? keep trying!
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Pearl Jam - Got Some/Just Breathe 7" (Import)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/pearl-jam-orange-the-fixer-special-meaning_W0QQitemZ140381530027QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item20af6427ab :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

hmmmmm whats going on here then another seller another mums benefit. :?
    Now that's a thinker Kev :?
  • is this your brother .as ive asked him a few questions about his item and some match up with what you told us....

did or didnt you sell the vinyl..

i dont want to jump to any conclusions here? and its not like you took anyones money in here.just wanted to know that you got what you told us for you mum
  • All is well 10c members who have been giving me there “$0.02” Thank You it helped!!! I had an offer of $750.00 and took it! I was going to sell outside of eBay BUT I took all 10c menders advice and told the buyer I wanted to go throw eBay and we both would be protected! The buyer agreed and I was setting up a time to put it as a BUY IT NOW $750.00 so the buyer would be online when the vinyl was posted BUT I did not know I needed a 10 seller rating to use the BUY IT NOW option??? My sister is here helping me with mom and she has the rating to list a BUT IT NOW so we sold it throw her account!!! Yes $750.00 paid throw eBay. I took all the good advice and I am happy for all the help form 10c and there members YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Paul
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    All is well 10c members who have been giving me there “$0.02” Thank You it helped!!! I had an offer of $750.00 and took it! I was going to sell outside of eBay BUT I took all 10c menders advice and told the buyer I wanted to go throw eBay and we both would be protected! The buyer agreed and I was setting up a time to put it as a BUY IT NOW $750.00 so the buyer would be online when the vinyl was posted BUT I did not know I needed a 10 seller rating to use the BUY IT NOW option??? My sister is here helping me with mom and she has the rating to list a BUT IT NOW so we sold it throw her account!!! Yes $750.00 paid throw eBay. I took all the good advice and I am happy for all the help form 10c and there members YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Paul

Glad this worked out in your favor Paul and all the best to your mom.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Nicely cleared up

:D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Glad it worked out.
    Best wishes to your mom and family.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • How do I post pixs?, video?
    How do I post pixs?, video?

You have to open an account in photobucket first, then upload the pictures to photobucket, and then you can use the Img function when you're replying an well more or less that's how is done :shifty:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• arq wrote:
    You have to open an account in photobucket first, then upload the pictures to photobucket, and then you can use the Img function when you're replying an well more or less that's how is done :shifty:

Got that far but now it saying
    It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image :oops: