I Have a "The Fixer" Orange Vinyl For Sale on eBay!

PaulyWalliePaulyWallie Posts: 59
edited February 2010 in The Porch
My mom was diagnosed with late stage small cell cancer on 10-5-09 (the day after my birthday :cry: ). I was putting together a fundraiser to take her on her dream vacation and the mounting medical bills. I called The Ten Club and they donated this vinyl. We had the fundraiser on 12-19-09 and she has gone on her vacation. There was no one at the fundraiser that could give what this vinyl is worth so I am eBaying it. That is why I am starting this truly one of a kind vinyl at a high reserve. Lets see how much this vinyl will help my family! If you would like to see the facebook page I put together to support my mom go to Cancer Patient Jane Staub.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    That was a pretty awsome thing for 10C to do!

I hope that the sale of your vinyl can ease the financial burden of your medical bills somehow.
    Good luck on the sale and well wishes for your mom.
  • this has already been talked about in the forum we all hope you get the money..

but i feel your start price is to high.sorry

but i do hope you get it and more
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited February 2010
    :) good luck, if only i understood the value of this..
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Brisk,

I know some people would say that! Pearl Jam has always been givers! I know they can’t help everyone but they did help me and I thank them! I also know they will continue to help others out here in the world! Just was my turn for some love from Pearl Jam!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited February 2010
    ok brisk can i have $700 then to buy the disc

ask 10c.

Good luck anyway man, obviously been granted something very lucky.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Great work Tenclub, huge thumbs up from me.....

seems if they give these away in contests they only fucking well go to ebay sellers anyway - so at least this one is for an exceptionally good cause.

Yes many people are in this predicament, but its sure nice to hear this story anyway

Good luck selling but like my friend above - you need to lower the price...

saves the ebay fees, start it at 99cents, that vinyl will always show its true value every day of the week. It will sell for a good price, trust me
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow...I can't believe some of what was said here. Even if it was just joking, it was horrible.

I do have a few ill members in my family who are not insured or not covered fully, including my cousin who is fighting breast cancer (she had her breasts removed) and dealing with everyday life, raising her little kids and bills, etc....

Never would I say such a thing like that, even jokingly, to someone like here about getting a donated rarity item from 10c.

Very nice of 10c!

*shakes head in disbelief*

PaulyWallie, I think 700 is going to be difficult for this vinyl, but you can try.

Best of luck to you and your mother.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Yeah I can't believe some of the comments either. Obviously there are a lot of hurting people in this world and the 10C can't help all of them, but they helped this one so good for them and I hope PaulyWallie raises a lot of money from it.

Wes
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately I can't help you out but I wish your mom the best and hope she gets better.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • good luck with your auction.
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    Yeah I can't believe some of the comments either. Obviously there are a lot of hurting people in this world and the 10C can't help all of them, but they helped this one so good for them and I hope PaulyWallie raises a lot of money from it.

Wes

typical of the bitterness thrown at 10club this week.

some people obviosuly take it to a new level.

still lets not let it detract from this super gesture of the tenclub
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    sense there is a shit ton of them on eBay why wouldn't u wait . :o
  • Brisk. wrote:
    ok brisk can i have $700 then to buy the disc

well if you know someone who is terminally ill then go and ask 10c :)

Good luck anyway man, obviously been granted something very lucky.

pretty dickhead thing to say....it's obviously not a scam so why don't you just keep it to yourself
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Best of luck to you and your mom, I hope that you're able to sell this at that price.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    sense there is a shit ton of them on eBay why wouldn't u wait . :o
    There are alot of the white ones out there. I was waiting for the first bach to go. BUT mom is not doing well and the money will help her now!
  • Best of luck in your sale Paulie
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    I generally don't comment on any of the negative posts on here, but after reading this thread I felt compelled to respond. I'm not quite sure what would make someone read this story and reply in such a disgustingly negative way. I think it was pretty awesome of the Ten Club to donate the record. PW, I hope you get what you're asking for it and good luck to your mother, your family and to you...

Now for some positivity... I'd like to offer a couple posters I have laying around for you to auction off for your cause. If you're up to it, PM me your address and I'll throw them in a tube and send them your way. I'd love to help you out where I can. Anyone feel like joining me in helping out a fellow PJ fan?!?!?!?!?
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    KC2917 wrote:

Now for some positivity... I'd like to offer a couple posters I have laying around for you to auction off for your cause. If you're up to it, PM me your address and I'll throw them in a tube and send them your way. I'd love to help you out where I can. Anyone feel like joining me in helping out a fellow PJ fan?!?!?!?!?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You rock!!!!

You, sir or madam, have a wonderful weekend!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • best of luck with everything. i too hope it sells and you get some relief from the outrageous costs of health care.
    and yo Brisk, not sure what your deal is whether it's jealousy because pj gave him the vinyl or what but i'm just not understanding your cynical tone.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
    best of luck with everything. i too hope it sells and you get some relief from the outrageous costs of health care.
    and yo Brisk, not sure what your deal is whether it's jealousy because pj gave him the vinyl or what but i'm just not understanding your cynical tone.

its ok he's just going through the 'anti tenclub pre puberty' phase this week

hes not the only one, its been like it all week....
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    This is great of the 10C to do this.

The price is too high though. I would be immensely surprised if it ever sells for that price.

Can I suggest something else? Do a raffle in the same way there was a Binaural LP raffle for Haiti. Tickets at $5 each, buy as many as you want, lots of people will enter for a chance to get a cool item for next to nothing. You rack up the cash from multiple people.
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    IamMine wrote:
    KC2917 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You rock!!!!

You, sir or madam, have a wonderful weekend!

You do the same! :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    best of luck with your auction! very cool that the 10c stepped up like this. i hope every cent that you get helps your Mom get better asap!!

and Brisk...seriously?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Plankton wrote:

The price is too high though. I would be immensely surprised if it ever sells for that price.

Can I suggest something else? Do a raffle in the same way there was a Binaural LP raffle for Haiti. Tickets at $5 each, buy as many as you want, lots of people will enter for a chance to get a cool item for next to nothing. You rack up the cash from multiple people.

that really is a great idea....set the limit for the raffle at $700 70 tickets at $10....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    I think the issue is that the vinyl was apparently given by the 10c for a fundraiser and now its on ebay being auctioned off. I dunno, not taking anything away from the OP or his situation, if true.
  • Plankton wrote:

I was hold to do this by someone on eBay too! I don't know how? any help on this one? I would love for it to go to a Pearl Jam fan!!!!! Pease post how to do this and I will start it!!!
  • Get_Right wrote:
    I think the issue is that the vinyl was apparently given by the 10c for a fundraiser and now its on ebay being auctioned off. I dunno, not taking anything away from the OP or his situation, if true.
    Its true! 10c tld me to put it on eBay to get the most out of it. I tried to get money for it at the fundraisre but no takers!
  • I was hold to do this by someone on eBay too! I don't know how? any help on this one? I would love for it to go to a Pearl Jam fan!!!!! Pease post how to do this and I will start it!!![/quote]

didn't Arq do that with the Binaural LP? PM him and he can give you tips on how to do it.
  • http://www.musicpriceguide.com/index.ph ... &ordad=ASC

above the price of 11 sold...you can see the price has come down since the first wave..now sells between 308 and 490 now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MEBDIX:IT

this is the last one on ebay..

ill make you an offer for the record if you dont sell yours ...but not in the open as this is not ebay and i dont want to start a bidding war in your forum(other please put offers in as well), but i stop bidding under the sold price of the above single.but not by that much..if you would like a firm offer contact me.and you can keep this in mind if you dont sell on ebay.everyone will also know this is going to a 10c fan.

i really wish i could give you $700 but i cant afford that amount and as you can see the single is not worth that amount.if you have any doubt about if i would pay i can give you a few name in here that i have bought things off before hand.

I really do wish you the best of luck.