I Have a "The Fixer" Orange Vinyl For Sale on eBay!

Comments

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i got an idea ........ SINCE we all have donated to stuff lately ... i SAY we get a thread for this ....

get 25 to donate $40 = $1000......put all names in a hat and WINNER GETS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes very dickheaded thing to say to someone ......

you can count me in for $40
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Plankton wrote:
    This is great of the 10C to do this.

The price is too high though. I would be immensely surprised if it ever sells for that price.

Can I suggest something else? Do a raffle in the same way there was a Binaural LP raffle for Haiti. Tickets at $5 each, buy as many as you want, lots of people will enter for a chance to get a cool item for next to nothing. You rack up the cash from multiple people.

that really is a great idea....set the limit for the raffle at $700 70 tickets at $10....

I also think it's a great idea.... but why limit it at $700? It was at a starting bidding at 700 dollars which tells me that he needs as much help as he can get... so members would be just helping out as much as they can with $5 or $10, whichever is decided by PW.

Yeah contact Arq and go from there. :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    we just did it for haiti ....WHY NOT OUR OWN PEOPLE/family ......

to the OP I JUST SENT YOU A PM.....read it please and take down the ebay austion you will make more money doing a raffle ...we raised 800 for a haiti just last week
    IamMine wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Plankton wrote:

The price is too high though. I would be immensely surprised if it ever sells for that price.

Can I suggest something else? Do a raffle in the same way there was a Binaural LP raffle for Haiti. Tickets at $5 each, buy as many as you want, lots of people will enter for a chance to get a cool item for next to nothing. You rack up the cash from multiple people.

that really is a great idea....set the limit for the raffle at $700 70 tickets at $10....

I also think it's a great idea.... but why limit it at $700? It was at a starting bidding at 700 dollars which tells me that he needs as much help as he can get... so members would be just helping out as much as they can with $5 or $10, whichever is decided by PW.

didnt even see that ....i was just to pissed at what i had read in other posts
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Yeah basically open a thread with 1-70

Ask people to add their name to be included and send 10 bucks to your paypal

wait till you have 70 names before taking cash maybe then if not enough join you can abort and not have to return cash

once done put all 70 names in a hat and draw one
    edited February 2010
    i say limit it to $1000................. 25 people $40 each ..... EFF the 700...go for gold ... 40 people $40 bucks ..... CMON PEOPLE WE ARE BETTER $5-$10 .... hell im unemployed
    IamMine wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Plankton wrote:

great point, just thought it as a minimum
    to make the draw happen - if more great
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    joe2468 wrote:
    i got an idea ........ SINCE we all have donated to stuff lately ... i SAY we get a thread for this ....

get 25 to donate $40 = $1000......put all names in a hat and WINNER GETS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes very dickheaded thing to say to someone ......

you can count me in for $40

agree with everyone. this would be a great way for your to raise at least $700 if not more and not pay ebay their insain fees. search on ebay how to "end an auction early" and you'll be able to stop it. then you can figure out how to do the "raffle" on here. Also, I can't see why the band would have any problem with doing that approach here, but maybe I'm forgetting something.
  • I would be willing to kick in $40 for a chance to win it for sure....
    CMON PEOPLE WE CAN DO THIS ..... i want AT LEAST $1000.......... donated ... leave it open to as many tickets you want to purchase .... the raffle will start till he at least gets $1000......

i got so many ideas running threw my head at the moment ...sorry for the crazy amount of posts .... :lol::lol::lol:
    my other question is where did you take your grandmother on vacation
  • $40?

I'm in :D
  • joe2468 wrote:

This is the post on her facebook page. I just cut-copy-past!

I have the vacation all setup we leave Jan. 15! First to the Grand Canyon on Jan. 16 for a train trip to canyon that picks us up right from our hotel (Williams, AZ). Before we get on the train there is an “old west shootout”. Then we have a tour of the south rim by bus and lunch at restaurant on canyon rim. On the train ride back we will “get taken over by outlaws”.

Second we go to Los Angeles, CA on Jan. 17 with a beach front hotel in Santa Monica with ocean view and private balcony for 5 days! While we are there we have tix to The Price is Right for 2 days in a row Jan. 19 – 20 ( Jane or Paul Staub COME ON DOWN!). On Jan. 21 we see the Sabres take on The LA Kings with seats in... what we know as the 200 level they call them PREFERRED Seating. We are in row 1 where the Sabres shoot twice at the blue line. Jan. 18, most of the 21 and the 22 we will be on the beach with average temps. of 74!!!!!!! Home on Jan. 23 if we want to or maybe mom will want to stay? Joking HEE HEE HEE
  • Ok I just got an offer off eBay for $750 but wants to be anonymous. So wants to buy it direct from me. This is getting crazy but I am going to raffle it here stay tuned!
    edited February 2010
    we all know the value of this record ....and the reason he is looking for the money... i truly think the $10 raffle is not enough .... it has to be at least $20-40 bucks a ticket... open to as many tickets you want to buy ....and set the raffle for next friday ... and everyone sends the money AS A GIFT so he doesnt get hit with all the stupid charges ......its a win win for everybody

can we all agree on this ????? video it and post it ..so no one gets pissed and we all can say it was legit
    Post edited by joe2468 on
    joe2468 wrote:

This is the post on her facebook page. I just cut-copy-past!

I have the vacation all setup we leave Jan. 15! First to the Grand Canyon on Jan. 16 for a train trip to canyon that picks us up right from our hotel (Williams, AZ). Before we get on the train there is an “old west shootout”. Then we have a tour of the south rim by bus and lunch at restaurant on canyon rim. On the train ride back we will “get taken over by outlaws”.

Second we go to Los Angeles, CA on Jan. 17 with a beach front hotel in Santa Monica with ocean view and private balcony for 5 days! While we are there we have tix to The Price is Right for 2 days in a row Jan. 19 – 20 ( Jane or Paul Staub COME ON DOWN!). On Jan. 21 we see the Sabres take on The LA Kings with seats in... what we know as the 200 level they call them PREFERRED Seating. We are in row 1 where the Sabres shoot twice at the blue line. Jan. 18, most of the 21 and the 22 we will be on the beach with average temps. of 74!!!!!!! Home on Jan. 23 if we want to or maybe mom will want to stay? Joking HEE HEE HEE

thats awesome ...good for her
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,509
    This is getting crazy but I am going to raffle it here stay tuned!

thumbsup.gif
    750 is a solid offer.

Think carefully before declining.

I'm not sure as many will fire in $40 a time as compared to a $10 throwaway.

A lower figure will attract a wider audience and if someone wants to spend 80 bucks they have 8 goes. Really this needs to be accessible, times are hard and people have to think about money right now

to get maximum take up go with lower ticket prices. After all Jose got 750 at $5 a time
    pdalowsky wrote:
    750 is a solid offer.

A lower figure will attract a wider audience and if someone wants to spend 80 bucks they have 8 goes. Really this needs to be accessible, times are hard and people have to think about money right now

to get maximum take up go with lower ticket prices. After all Jose got 750 at $5 a time

true true all true .... your correct .......i forgot it was only $5
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    edited February 2010
    buddy take the $750 now....and we can still have a smaller raffle for your mum
    Post edited by theserialthrilla on
    edited February 2010
    he took it down off ebay ...... this is going to get crazy .. i cant wait to see what he gets for this

something tells me people on the board are going to start telling people to take down there auctions ...and to have a raffle on the board :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i know i would it could make the pit THAT MUCH more interesting ... :lol::lol: no more philly boot threads...no more of my threads getting locked ..........

its RAFFLE TIME THREADS
    Post edited by joe2468 on
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    pdalowsky wrote:
    750 is a solid offer.

Yes, $750 is a solid offer. Ebay will want their $30 for final value fees and then PayPal wants $22 on top of that, so keep that in mind.

The raffle is a great idea and I think you'll get more interest at the lower price point. Hell, I'd buy one even as much as I hate this tune.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'm unemployed and even I would be in it for $40. It's a win-win. If I win I get an orange vinyl. If not, I contributed to a good cause. Bring it on!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    edited February 2010
    My 2cents:

Take the $750 as a "gift", and some people here can help you collect some extra items to put in a raffle.

I answered you PM PaulyWallie
    Post edited by arq on
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • buddy take the $750 now....and we can still have a smaller raffle for your mum

Agreed.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    jamburger wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    750 is a solid offer.

Yes, $750 is a solid offer. Ebay will want their $30 for final value fees and then PayPal wants $22 on top of that, so keep that in mind.

The raffle is a great idea and I think you'll get more interest at the lower price point. Hell, I'd buy one even as much as I hate this tune.

I was thinking exactly the same. Don't underestimate the chunk that ebay/paypal will take on a normal auction - anywhere from 12-15%.
  • I wish your mom the best and hope she gets better. You have to be strong, both of you.
    arq wrote:
    Take the $750 as a "gift", and some people here can help you collect some extra items to put in a raffle.

Count me in.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    this is all getting out of hand dont you think? :? :?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    guypjfreak wrote:
    this is all getting out of hand dont you think? :? :?

Why? :shock: did i miss something?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • $750 or Raffle? Hard one to decide but I thank I have to take the $750 guarantied!

Thank You for all the help and well wishes!