BLIZZARD Friday/Saturday in PA

Comments

• If I put road salt on my driveway before the storm hits, will that help melt some of it away?

When the snow first starts it helps melt it and keep it clear ...after the snow gets heavier it'll pile up and you're fucked.

For once this winter I'm actually getting heavy snow and it's not all south of me. I hate snow but this is just neat o.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • I'm stuck in my hotel in north Jersey...watch the snow pile up :-)

Man, what a "welcome home from CA" for me...the night i arrived in PA from CA we got that big snowstorm right before christmas, then last weekend and now this!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'm stuck in my hotel in north Jersey...watch the snow pile up :-)

Man, what a "welcome home from CA" for me...the night i arrived in PA from CA we got that big snowstorm right before christmas, then last weekend and now this!!

can i come over :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I'm stuck in my hotel in north Jersey...watch the snow pile up :-)

LOL!!!! if you can beat my guy here...but i don't think he'd be too happy about it (just kidding, Mike!!)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    I'm hearing some places (Radnor, Wayne, KOP) have reported lightning anfd thunder. Only seen lightningduring a snow storm twice, pretty cool.

I think we got about a foot so far in WC.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I'm stuck in my hotel in north Jersey...watch the snow pile up :-)

LOL!!!! if you can beat my guy here...but i don't think he'd be too happy about it (just kidding, Mike!!)

it took me 10minutes to cross the st. i have no chance of making it :( :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • :o Seriously here, WTF did we do to piss of Mother Nature so badly???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    :o Seriously here, WTF did we do to piss of Mother Nature so badly???

complain about the lack of info about the tour :mrgreen:

:lol: Really!!! Actually if they would announce something it would certainly knock me out of the winter depression!!!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    :o Seriously here, WTF did we do to piss of Mother Nature so badly???

:lol: Really!!! Actually if they would announce something it would certainly knock me out of the winter depression!!!

TOUCHE
  • I still can't get my car out... Maybe tomorrow will be another snow day
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Well I lost power for about an hour and a half :(

some new pics (although they kinda look like he old ones since i took them from about the same spot, LOL)

043.jpg
    041.jpg
    042.jpg
    040.jpg
    038.jpg
    036.jpg

and this car from Sat.'s blizzard. this car has not moved in months in our parking lot. during the last storm on Sat. my car was next to it so i just dumped more snow on it, can't wait to see what it looks like after today's storm is over!

033.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • So???

How much snow, do you people out East, have sitting on the ground right now???

3ft??
    4 ft??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Please give some snow to Vancouver BC.

Thanks,

Shaun White
    NERDS!
  • So???

3ft??
    4 ft??

I'd say about a foot give or take a few inches. The thing that's killing it is the high winds.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • So???

3ft??
    4 ft??

I'd say about a foot give or take a few inches. The thing that's killing it is the high winds.
    Philly got another foot, right? On top of the 2 feet they got last week, right?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Told to work from home again today. Going to have to get out for a while today though.
    So???

3ft??
    4 ft??

Philly got another foot, right? On top of the 2 feet they got last week, right?

philly has 65 inches so far this winter

they said 10-11 in nyc but it doesn't look like it to me
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Here in Philly we're up to roughly 72 inches for the season, and that's a record in the 126 years that they've been keeping track. Yesterday seemed like the coming of the next ice age. Seemed like the wind was blowing the snow upwards. Getting to the bar was a task. We had thundersnow. Fucking thundersnow. Supposed to get more next week too.
    Here in Philly we're up to roughly 72 inches for the season, and that's a record in the 126 years that they've been keeping track. Yesterday seemed like the coming of the next ice age. Seemed like the wind was blowing the snow upwards. Getting to the bar was a task. We had thundersnow. Fucking thundersnow. Supposed to get more next week too.

whats 7 inches amongst friends
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990

...............That's what she said.

...............That's what she said.

i wish she said that :lol::lol:
    So???

3ft??
    4 ft??

probably close to 4 ft. near me

tree branch down by the walkway to my apt.

012.jpg

and there is a car buried under this snow! Been in our parking lot for months (license plate's been gone for a few weeks). Mother nature and myself helped complete this masterpiece (as well as a few other people)

001.jpg
    013.jpg
    014.jpg
    002.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    fo realz

and the forcast for the rest of the month is below freezing with snow showers pretty much everyday

this shit aint goin nowhere for a while
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I just hope the temps don't rise too fast, otherwise we will be in for some major flooding!! :o
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Keep the pics coming. I'll get one from here in a minute.
    Save room for dessert!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We have a winter storm warning for Atlanta tomorrow 1-3 inches- yippee!!!
    It will shut down the city!!!
  • we have a total of about 3.5 feet now. 22 inches then 20 inches... with 30 mph wind.

I finally got dug out this afternoon. There are STILL a few streets in Lancaster PA that are closed.

snow3.jpg
    0210101355.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    fo realz

and the forcast for the rest of the month is below freezing with snow showers pretty much everyday

this shit aint goin nowhere for a while

Agreed, a friend and I were saying today we will be sitting at Sandcastle next to snow mountains in the summer!!! Hopefully by my B-day which is May 1st but I'll be in sunny warm CA anyway so I won't care!!! :P
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I received these pics of a collapsed private jet hangar at Washington. Expensive me thinks.

IAD1.jpg
    IAD11.jpg
    IAD5.jpg
    IAD6.jpg