BLIZZARD Friday/Saturday in PA

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Up to 2 feet of snow starting Friday night and into Saturday expected here in Lancaster, PA.

Here is what I'll be doing:

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/vol/1585746573.html

Anyone here in Lancaster? I'll shovel your walk for free.
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not in PA.

Just west of DC

We are getting hammered with snow this winter.

In December we had a storm that dumped 2 feet.

This past Friday we had 7 inches, yesterday we got another 4.

Now this weekend they are calling for 1-2 more feet.

I hate the cold but snow at least makes it fun.

I have spent 6 hours sledding with my two young sons this week and will do more this weekend.
  • Not in PA.

Just west of DC

I have spent 6 hours sledding with my two young sons this week and will do more this weekend.

That December storm was crazy... 2 weeks ago I was in DC and it was 65 freakin' degrees.

Now it is gonna dump another 2 feet o' snow!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Not in PA.

Just west of DC

At least your making the best of it :)

We had a fairly mild winter out here in Utah...although getting dumped on with snow in the winter months is no surprise when it does happen.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    My twin's husband is in the navy, and is expected to go to Kuwait next week for the rest of the year. He's been at a base in Virginia since January in preparation, and their home is in MD with their 2 kids. She was going to see him last weekend, and was planning on seeing him this weekend. Last weekend was cancelled because of the snow, and this weekend promises to be worse. I'm sad for her. :cry:
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    My twin's husband is in the navy, and is expected to go to Kuwait next week for the rest of the year. He's been at a base in Virginia since January in preparation, and their home is in MD with their 2 kids. She was going to see him last weekend, and was planning on seeing him this weekend. Last weekend was cancelled because of the snow, and this weekend promises to be worse. I'm sad for her. :cry:

You know what would be
    awesome? If all your posts were
    actual Haiku.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • my wife slammed the door
    white precipitation talk
    numbs mind but not soul

ooh we need a haiku thread...
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

You know what would be
    awesome? If all your posts were
    actual Haiku.

:mrgreen:
    yikes! that would be difficult....tho ms. haiku is a wordsmith!
    and M, i am sorry for your twin and her hubby....hope they get some quality time together soon.

we've gotten some decent snow this winter, but i don't think it's been too bad. we're expecting snow in NY on saturday, but i dunno how much. me, i don't mind it on the weekend as i have no plans to be out and about much, tho i do worry for my hubby as he works saturdays and has to get to/from the bronx... :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HOPEFULLY NYC WILL ESCAPE THIS WEEKEND

its right on the ny/nj border
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HOPEFULLY NYC WILL ESCAPE THIS WEEKEND

its right on the ny/nj border

yeah NYC won't get much... maybe an inch or two.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I'm not in Lancaster, but if your buggy will make it up to State College I'll have a shovel ready for ya.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • they're sayin we might get up to 12inches around the burgh

im predicting more like 4

and all the morons will still panic shop and wreck their cars :roll:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    if i lived in lancaster i'd definitely give you a nice donation...sounds like you're going through some tough stuff man.

i'm in jersey though if you wanna come that far lol...
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wow...offering to shovel two feet of snow. you are crazy man....

may i suggest

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd/1585380902.html

looks like we are getting 2-4 inches here.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I applaud your offer, unfortunately I am a little out of your area in DE. I was in Lancaster last friday at the Central Market doing some shopping and of course eating! :D I hope everything works out for you and your son. Good luck!
  • It's gonna miss us up here!!!!!!!!!!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'd love a snowstorm right about now! Its pretty exciting stuff
  • they're sayin we might get up to 12inches around the burgh

im predicting more like 4

and all the morons will still panic shop and wreck their cars :roll:

:thumbup: Sad but true
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Got my shut-in weekend all planned. College hoops tomorrow afternoon (Villanova vs. Georgetown, then my boys from Temple vs. Richmond). Got some firewood. Some wine & cheese. All set!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited February 2010
    hopefully nyc only gets 3-5 likE they're saying

NO MORE SNOW !!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ZERO responses to my Craigslist offer...

guess I'll just start down my street and see how far I can go before I am exhausted.

I know it is weird... but I actually enjoy a little manual labor now and then. "god" leaves me alone.
  • They are predicting up to 2 feet here in DE....I am not looking forward to it
  • day_after_tomorrow.jpg

This is what people are acting like
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • day_after_tomorrow.jpg

This is what people are acting like

:lol:

I just like snow. I like being out in the storm and helping the old timers shovel their walk... especially when I have nothing better to do on the weekend. Some alone time doing manual labor is very relaxing...

And... 2 feet of snow (actually now they are saying 14 inches) is quite a bit and it doesn't happen often here, especially twice in one winter.
  • :lol:

I just like snow. I like being out in the storm and helping the old timers shovel their walk... especially when I have nothing better to do on the weekend. Some alone time doing manual labor is very relaxing...

And... 2 feet of snow (actually now they are saying 14 inches) is quite a bit and it doesn't happen often here, especially twice in one winter.

Oh I meant in DC, I like the snow too and am looking forward to the storm. But I find it comical that there are fights over parking spaces at the grocery stores here this morning. The sotre are selling out of water. One of my co-workers was at the store last night and as she was lokoing for one thing, someone was trying to raid her cart for items while her back was turned. That is hilarious. Its not like they won't be open by Sunday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Get your bread and milk a storm is coming! The grocery stores were probably a mess last night and will be today. Gotta love the over-reaction in Central PA when a storm is announced. ;)
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    do you guys have snow on the ground now? ... probably not ... here's a suggestion for ya ...

take all the snow you are gonna shovel ... and build a quinzee ... it'll be lots of fun and lots of work ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    do you guys have snow on the ground now? ... probably not ... here's a suggestion for ya ...

take all the snow you are gonna shovel ... and build a quinzee ... it'll be lots of fun and lots of work ...

quinzee... wow I had to look that one up. You kanadians are like the eskimos with all your words for snow and snow accessories. :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Oh, that's really a shame. :(

I live in South Jersey and we're supposed to get hammered again.

Bring on spring and BASEBALL!!!!

Be careful everyone.
  • nothing yet

waiting...
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:

quinzee... wow I had to look that one up. You kanadians are like the eskimos with all your words for snow and snow accessories. :D

haha ... we built one over new years! ... your kids will like it when you get to see them!