BLIZZARD Friday/Saturday in PA

Comments

• I'm at my parent's house in south Jersey....we have at least 20inches so far and it's still coming down....
    YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go outside....climb to your roof.....and JUMP in the snow.....

Thats what I would do....

cuz ya might not be able to do that again, for 10-20 years.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    they're sayin we might get up to 12inches around the burgh

im predicting more like 4

and all the morons will still panic shop and wreck their cars :roll:
    :o :shock: :? boy was i wrong!!

7am in tha burgh and this is what it looks like outside my front window:
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s194/onejmc/snow.jpg
    thats a tree bent to the ground by the weight of the snow in the foreground. it looks to be about 8" after all and in lees than 12 hours!!!

s'posed to snow til about noon

fun!!!

That looks like my street and about 2am I had to go out there shovel off snow just so that things wouldn't snap. I went for a short walk down my street but could only go 200 yards before I had to turn back too much wind and freezing cold.

Worst we could lose power a tree limb across from me snapped and blocked the street. It's scary! :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I'm at my parent's house in south Jersey....we have at least 20inches so far and it's still coming down....

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go outside....climb to your roof.....and JUMP in the snow.....

Thats what I would do....

cuz ya might not be able to do that again, for 10-20 years.....

LOL!!! that would be awesom!! there are a couple of drifts of at least 3 feet, just not under the roof where i'd be landing...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • I grew up in PIttsburgh and miss the snow. 70 degrees today in Phoenix. Way too warm for February!

Be cozy all you blizzard people. :wave:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    we got about 2 feet

IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    wow great photos!!
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
    suppose to get another foot or so on Tues. night /Wed.morning :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • suppose to get another foot or so on Tues. night /Wed.morning :roll:

Foot or so??? :shock: I heard 2-4. Or is that where you live? Where is West Chester?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • suppose to get another foot or so on Tues. night /Wed.morning :roll:

Foot or so??? :shock: I heard 2-4. Or is that where you live? Where is West Chester?

"SNOW AMOUNTS COULD POTENTIALLY REACH AROUND 1 FOOT FROM THE HARRISBURG AREA NORTHEAST INTO THE POCONO MOUNTAINS"

Locally (Lancaster... very close to West Chester) they are saying an additional 6 - 10 inches.

I live on a NARROW-ASS street and I couldn't get out until last night. They still haven't plowed it... it is just 6 inches of packed snow. Ugh I guess I should count on Wednesday being a snow day.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • They're saying up to 6 inches into Wednesday. Ugh!!! Bring on Spring please!!!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Philadelphia: 28.5 inches this past weekend. Expecting about 10 more on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I was getting complacent these past few years from the mild winters. I was thinking our climate isn't really all that cold anymore. HA!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    here we go..yet again

how could you not be ready for the summer?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    PLEASE let this snow on wednesday miss us...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    PLEASE let this snow on wednesday miss us...

Fudge that - the only snow I've wanted has been during-the-week-snow. Sick of my weekends being ruined. If you're gonna ruin anything, ruin my work and school schedule.
  • wow... I just saw that for Lancaster they are now saying another FOOT OR MORE Tuesday night/Wednesay.

My street has no place for additional snow... I hope the city removes some today and tomorrow or it will be impassable.

Even without snow there is only 6 inches or so on either side of your car when going down my street...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Yep, sounds like Philly is going to get pretty hard again tomorrow.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Last week of corporate work for a while, and I'm hoping for one more paid day off. :thumbup:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow... I just saw that for Lancaster they are now saying another FOOT OR MORE Tuesday night/Wednesay.

My street has no place for additional snow... I hope the city removes some today and tomorrow or it will be impassable.

Even without snow there is only 6 inches or so on either side of your car when going down my street...

soo ... did you build it? ... with all that snow - you could make one with multiple rooms and a deck!
  • polaris_x wrote:
    wow... I just saw that for Lancaster they are now saying another FOOT OR MORE Tuesday night/Wednesay.

soo ... did you build it? ... with all that snow - you could make one with multiple rooms and a deck!

not yet. I spent all weekend scooping snow for people. I can barely move today... ugh.

I just walked up to people (mostly females) shoveling snow and started helping or totally took over. Trying to put some positive energy out there... is it wrong that I helped out mostly young women? :D
  • snow?
    what snow?
    :?

we got skipped this go round.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    not yet. I spent all weekend scooping snow for people. I can barely move today... ugh.

I just walked up to people (mostly females) shoveling snow and started helping or totally took over. Trying to put some positive energy out there... is it wrong that I helped out mostly young women? :D

haha ... nope ... not at all ... but to get the good karmic juices - best to throw in a few old people too ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    snow?
    what snow?

you wont be saying that wed. afternoon :evil:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    this fn blows - im packing up and moving to vegas (ill only be broke in a week or two) - fuck this winter shit
  • polaris_x wrote:

Can u come out my way please...I'm not necessarily young but...
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• Can u come out my way please...I'm not necessarily young but...

willing?

is there snow in New Orleans? :lol:
  • John Beloris on wip said that this could be closing in on the 2foot range again. In bucks county were i live looks like the bullseye area.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Can u come out my way please...I'm not necessarily young but...

willing?

is there snow in New Orleans? :lol:

:lol: Maybe... ;) Super Bowl 43 sir not 44. We will always have that title!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    John Beloris on wip said that this could be closing in on the 2foot range again. In bucks county were i live looks like the bullseye area.

Lovely. I'm supposed to be moving on Friday. This is not going to be a fun move!
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:
    John Beloris on wip said that this could be closing in on the 2foot range again. In bucks county were i live looks like the bullseye area.

Lovely. I'm supposed to be moving on Friday. This is not going to be a fun move!

I think you'll be fine by Friday. By Sunday the main roads were very good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • snow?
    what snow?

allegedly we won't on wednesday, so that means the LIRR will be a disaster.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."