BLIZZARD Friday/Saturday in PA

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Here we go again!! Time off paid this time too! FINALLY.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    According to Accuweather my area is suppose to get about 18-24" :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Another foot or MORE! holy shit... I could barely get my car out today and it has been 3 full days since the last storm ended. After this one I probably will be snowed in until Thursday or later...

ugh.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    this sucks so much

ft. of snow :crazy: :crazy: :wtf: :wtf:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • round two just rolled into tha burgh...hopefully only about 4" this time
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • We are waiting round 2 right now. Forecast is 10-20 inches.

This is on top of the 32 inches we received over the weekend.

I feel like I am living ground hogs day. Kids have been off school 4 of the past 5 days and tomorrow is already canceled.

Oh, and they had the previous Friday and Monday off for teacher work days. Which means 2 days of school out of the previous 7 days.

Like I said Groundhogs Day.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Yep, here we go again. Unbelievable.

Anyway, my boss gave me off the next two days too, so I'm a happy camper.

Be safe everyone!
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    No time off for me since I am one of those eco-unfriendly people with an SUV. Some managers are offering to pick people up that don't feel safe driving in the snow.

I'm kinda shocked that schools are already closing for tomorrow. Shouldn't they start with a 2 hour delay to see what effect the storm will have and how well the roads are cleared?
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Let's start this 3rd installment of the SNOW LOAD! This time the way it's supposed to be done too - during the week.
  • snow?
    what snow?
    :?

we got skipped this go round.
    :mrgreen:

allegedly we won't on wednesday, so that means the LIRR will be a disaster.

yea i know...it blows.
    also, they are saying the worst will come between noon and 2 tomorrow, so that's even worse! so i may be able to get into work, but have a bitch of a time getting home. :evil: i really don't want to waste a vacation day, so i more than likely will be in work tomorrow. pain in the arse.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Let's start this 3rd installment of the SNOW LOAD! This time the way it's supposed to be done too - during the week.
    Word!! Now to convince my boss in London that a 7 AM call is not warranted :problem:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • oh the woes of owning me own biz

here i am...only one here. just sent the last empolyee home but i gotta stay and make sure the work gets done...oh well thems the breaks

not like it dont have an upside. like im taking off 4 days to hit up jazzfest and dont even haveto ask AND i still get paid!!! 8-)8-)8-)
    Let's start this 3rd installment of the SNOW LOAD! This time the way it's supposed to be done too - during the week.
    Word!! Now to convince my boss in London that a 7 AM call is not warranted :problem:

Power's out. No juice to charge the cell. Done and done.

here i am...only one here. just sent the last empolyee home but i gotta stay and make sure the work gets done...oh well thems the breaks

not like it dont have an upside. like im taking off 4 days to hit up jazzfest and dont even haveto ask AND i still get paid!!! 8-)8-)8-)

What kind of business do you have? Anything interesting??? ;)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Let's start this 3rd installment of the SNOW LOAD! This time the way it's supposed to be done too - during the week.

Power's out. No juice to charge the cell. Done and done.
    Excellent consulting skills...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

wimpy yanks ... haha

occasionally interesting...but mostly mundane. its work and i still think work is for suckers!! :lol:

my sis and i are partners. we have multiple biz ideas and hail from a self-employed entrepeneurial family. a few years ago we got together and tried to get a couple of our ideas off the ground. very difficult to get loans locations and equipment. so we went back to the drawing board and decided to get into biz for ourselves by buying something existing. which is where we are now. and as we continue to grow and have success it is our goal to gain the capital to start up our original ideas

so for now i spend my days toiling away at trophy works in carnegie pa, an awards and engraving shop...it does have its rewards :lol::lol:
  • polaris_x wrote:

wimpy yanks ... haha

well we don't all live in igloos and eat baby seals like our friends to the north. ;)

and hey, not whimpy...it's our damn public services that are!
    if the freaking LIRR would stay in reliable service, my ass would be on the train, np!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

occasionally interesting...but mostly mundane. its work and i still think work is for suckers!! :lol:

my sis and i are partners. we have multiple biz ideas and hail from a self-employed entrepeneurial family. a few years ago we got together and tried to get a couple of our ideas off the ground. very difficult to get loans locations and equipment. so we went back to the drawing board and decided to get into biz for ourselves by buying something existing. which is where we are now. and as we continue to grow and have success it is our goal to gain the capital to start up our original ideas

so for now i spend my days toiling away at trophy works in carnegie pa, an awards and engraving shop...it does have its rewards :lol::lol:

Nice...hey its your own business and that's what's important. At least you're going for your goals!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • If I put road salt on my driveway before the storm hits, will that help melt some of it away?
  • polaris_x wrote:

wimpy yanks ... haha

well we don't all live in igloos and eat baby seals like our friends to the north. ;)

if the freaking LIRR would stay in reliable service, my ass would be on the train, np!

there's a reason I call it the Long Island Fail Road.. today my train was 10 minutes late and it was a normal day weatherwise, I can only imagine what a disaster Wednesday will be.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • It's 1am here in bucks county pa and we have 5 new inches of snow so far. It's coming down like a mofo as we speak. And heard them say that monday might bring us another chance of snow.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    nah, not going into work today.....only gonna get worse
    www.myspace.com
    i cant believe im sitting at work

fucking financial bullcrap
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i'm in NYC all the time - it's a disaster there when it snows! ... i'm not surprised they call snow days when you get a snowstorm ...
  • Lucky for me I get to choose 2 days a week to work from home. This week I choose Weds and Thurs cause it's really coming down. This saves me from burning vacation days.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624

i work on commission selling mortgages and i didnt even make it in. there are some fuckers in my office that are getting a hotel room so they can work and not have to worry about driving home later :roll: . i realize rates are low and calls are flying in but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus h.... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Enjoy the snow neighbours!

i work on commission selling mortgages and i didnt even make it in. there are some fuckers in my office that are getting a hotel room so they can work and not have to worry about driving home later :roll: . i realize rates are low and calls are flying in but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus h.... :mrgreen:

their isn't a hotel to be found in lower manhattan

same here business doesn't stop , but this is a white-out /blizzard conditions :evil: