my mom and my manager want to be my facebook friend...

Comments

• i added her....i was kinda joking with this whole thread anyway. its funny to me.

10-4. yer a good son afterall :)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

i added her....i was kinda joking with this whole thread anyway. its funny to me.

10-4. yer a good son afterall :)

ps---only take about 60% of what the jeagler says as being 100% serious. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968

ps---only take about 60% of what the jeagler says as being 100% serious. :mrgreen:

don't you mean 6 % ? ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

don't you mean 6 % ? ;)

perhaps that last post was part of the other 40%?
    :think:
    the mystery continues.
    www.myspace.com
  • this might actually be worth it just for the sheer humor in watching how a 56 year old woman who just learned how to email a year ago adapts to the online world.... :think:
    My mom is 83 and just started emailing a few months ago! Mostly so she can stay in touch with her boyfriend who lives in another city! :roll:

as weird as that is i get that. good for her! whats the other options for yer momma...going to singles bars? lol. i kid...
    I was just joking as well. I'm very happy for my mom and glad she's found someone to care for. It's made a big difference in her life. :)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    :D My Kids asked me to be their friend, I didn't dare ask them. It's been so much fun for me to see their pictures of all the fun they are having at college. Reminds me of my past.... :?
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    your mom is already my facebook friend... I've spent countless hours poking your mom. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    your mom is already my facebook friend... I've spent countless hours poking your mom. :thumbup:

....corey beat you to the mom joke dunk. that was a good one though. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    chime wrote:
    I am facebook friends with my father :oops: ... and my grandfather (he's 80+) :mrgreen:

CHIME! :mrgreen:

What????? ... you want to be friends with my grandfather don't you? ;)

He is his own special list on my facebook. doesn't get to see much :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited February 2010
    have you had people (that you knew) ask to be your friend on facebook and then you never hear from them?
    do you suppose they do it just to be nosey and look at your pics?
    i did facebook housecleaning yesterday. someone from first grade asked me to be his friend. i posted happy birthday on his wall about 2 weeks ago. he never emailed me on there, so i deleted him.
    my uncle was my friend on my (and my sister's) facebook. he deleted us both.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    :o:o :wtf: :wtf:

facebook has offically jumped the shark.

she barely knows how to email?!?! god damn it. :evil:

well you can't not friend her...for god's sake she gave birth to you! :lol:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • ugh... my mom has created such issues for me on fb so now I rarely use it.

On Myspace I could post and say anything I wanted. Now I have to edit everything because she reads EVERYTHING that I post... even on friend's pages that she doesn't know.

For example, I have a friend who is a pagan and very much anti-christian. I commented on one of his posts about a weird passage in Deuteronomy (the one about having to marry your brother's sister if he dies and if not you have to pay a fine of one shoe) and she saw it. Today I got a 10,000 word essay from my Mom about christianity and how I shouldn't disrespect it...

ugh...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    ugh... my mom has created such issues for me on fb so now I rarely use it.

On Myspace I could post and say anything I wanted. Now I have to edit everything because she reads EVERYTHING that I post... even on friend's pages that she doesn't know.

For example, I have a friend who is a pagan and very much anti-christian. I commented on one of his posts about a weird passage in Deuteronomy (the one about having to marry your brother's sister if he dies and if not you have to pay a fine of one shoe) and she saw it. Today I got a 10,000 word essay from my Mom about christianity and how I shouldn't disrespect it...

ugh...

you can "hide" what you post on facebook.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    and the floodgates have swung over...in the last few days my cousin's new wife has befriended me. and yesterday my aunt became my facebook friend.

egads... :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    and the floodgates have swung over...in the last few days my cousin's new wife has befriended me. and yesterday my aunt became my facebook friend.

LOL. And now you are stuck. You have to accept everyone's friend invitations or you're gonna hurt someone's feelings.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Flagg wrote:

LOL. And now you are stuck. You have to accept everyone's friend invitations or you're gonna hurt someone's feelings.

Yeah that's all pretty much why I don't have one at all. I don't want all these acquaintances wanting to friend me and me not wanting to and them minding. If I want to see my kids' pics, they'll show me (even the college pics from the party that involved a broken table), and everyone else that I have any interest in I'm already in contact with. And god forbid my customers would know I had one - that would be another can of worms. I like my privacy and relative anonymity.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    maybe some of you need a second facebook. never go back to the one where your family is and get another username for a second FB. my relatives write mushy stuff to their dad! it reminds me of that cell phone commercial that was on about 6 months ago where the kid told the mom, "just b/c you are my friend doesn't mean you have to write I LOVE YOU all over my wall."
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    JaneNY wrote:

Yeah that's all pretty much why I don't have one at all. I don't want all these acquaintances wanting to friend me and me not wanting to and them minding. If I want to see my kids' pics, they'll show me (even the college pics from the party that involved a broken table), and everyone else that I have any interest in I'm already in contact with. And god forbid my customers would know I had one - that would be another can of worms. I like my privacy and relative anonymity.

ugh, why do I do this...I always feel a need to point this out.....every fb-related thread has a bunch of people explaining why they're opposed to it, and 9/10 it's because they don't understand how the privacy works.....Can never decide if I'm being defensive and they're being smug...or vice versa....or both ;)

You have as much privacy as you want (putting aside the whole big brother argument for now). You can customize what each person sees on your profile, and what shows up when your name is searched.
    Your family, friends and customers would not even find you there if that's what you wanted (tho that defeats the purpose).
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:

ugh, why do I do this...I always feel a need to point this out.....every fb-related thread has a bunch of people explaining why they're opposed to it, and 9/10 it's because they don't understand how the privacy works.....Can never decide if I'm being defensive and they're being smug...or vice versa....or both ;)

You have as much privacy as you want (putting aside the whole big brother argument for now). You can customize what each person sees on your profile, and what shows up when your name is searched.
    Your family, friends and customers would not even find you there if that's what you wanted (tho that defeats the purpose).

Eh it really boils down to I can't be bothered. I don't like or need that much socialization/interaction honestly and most of my family's dead. I see enough people on my job - don't need any more of 'em bugging me. Twitter's enough.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008

ok a few wks have gone by, whatever happened? did you accept mommy as your fb friend? :D
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:

ok a few wks have gone by, whatever happened? did you accept mommy as your fb friend? :D

yeah we're friends...this weekend my brother posted that he was intending on getting drunk saturday night. naturally mom replies (in all caps mind you): "PUT YOUR KEYS AWAY AND CALL A TAXI MICHAEL!"

:roll: :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Yeah, once family gets into it then things get weird. I gotta overhaul all of my privacy settings now due to my aunts, uncles, and cousins friending me. God forbid the day my parents figure out how this works. Too many pictures of this guy looking incoherent. Actually, I think every picture that anyone has ever tagged of me includes either some kind of drink in my hand, or an incoherent look on my face. Maybe it's time to start doing some reevaluating....
  • Worse is when work colleagues find you on FB.
    I lie to people at work and say I do not have FB.
    But I do and I am hidden, you cannot find me in search ;)
    Don't want snoopy people at work getting into my personal life.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Worse is when work colleagues find you on FB.
    I lie to people at work and say I do not have FB.
    But I do and I am hidden, you cannot find me in search ;)
    Don't want snoopy people at work getting into my personal life.

luckily, with what i do, everyone is roughly around the same age...and the same maturity level.

who's looking to refinance?!?! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Once moms and bosses, etc. know your facebook page its time to get a new one!
    Save room for dessert!
    she just posted on brother's page: "hello - whar are you doing?"

my brother is not online right now. nor are they in the middle of some kind of conversation.

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Fortunately for me, my mom is still at the stage of just forwarding sappy emails to me. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Fortunately for me, my mom is still at the stage of just forwarding sappy emails to me. :roll:

give it time...
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    Yeah, once family gets into it then things get weird. I gotta overhaul all of my privacy settings now due to my aunts, uncles, and cousins friending me. God forbid the day my parents figure out how this works. Too many pictures of this guy looking incoherent. Actually, I think every picture that anyone has ever tagged of me includes either some kind of drink in my hand, or an incoherent look on my face. Maybe it's time to start doing some reevaluating....
    Yeah , No more pictures!!!! or ........ :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Should I be on facebook? Everyone around me keeps telling me to join. I keep holding on to the idea that I will be the only one that's not on it eventually. I wouldn't mind contacting some people from my past, but not everyone. I also don't want to have to use that, texting, or a cell phone as my main means of communication. Whatever happend to meeting with people one on one or in a group to talk about what's going on?

Do I just hate technological advances or am I right?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley