my mom and my manager want to be my facebook friend...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
:o:o :wtf: :wtf:

facebook has offically jumped the shark.

she barely knows how to email?!?! god damn it. :evil:
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    Hilarious.

I became a very different facebook person once one of my bosses befriended me.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    meme wrote:
    Hilarious.

i reluctantly became friends with my girfriend's uncle a couple months ago. i though that was pretty weird. this is weirder.

she sent my gf a facebook email. all it said was "i'm new to all this, hope it works." :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    "i'm new to all this, hope it works."

This is quite embarrassing - I think I've sent the exact same message a few times :oops:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I've resisted Facebook because it brings too many worlds together!

My sister friended my fiance', so I fear that my sister will try to stick her nose into my daily life!...the nerve of her!
  • I am my daughters friend on facebook. She is 15. I told her she only could use facebook if she let me monitor it. We have had no problems yet.
    This is Not For You
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I am my daughters friend on facebook. She is 15. I told her she only could use facebook if she let me monitor it. We have had no problems yet.

You know she most likely has another one on a different name, yes? :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Same here, though I'll probably get on it eventually.

To the OP, my mom just learned how to email about 6 months ago. Hopefully I have a little time before she checks out Facebook. :wtf:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • :lol::lol::lol: ignore the request..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i never got to know my mom.lucky you.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

she's your mom be kind- she'll probably get bored with it
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Face book should change it's name to bitchandmoan.com because that's all people do on that site.
    The day i get an invite from one of my parents is the day I cancel my account.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    And now for some sobering perspective....
    i never got to know my mom.lucky you.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

My sister friended my fiance', so I fear that my sister will try to stick her nose into my daily life!...the nerve of her!
    WORLD'S ARE COLLIDING!
    www.myspace.com
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Same here, though I'll probably get on it eventually.

To the OP, my mom just learned how to email about 6 months ago. Hopefully I have a little time before she checks out Facebook. :wtf:

well mine just leared about a year ago so, yeah, you got about another 6 months. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    meme wrote:
    Hilarious.

i reluctantly became friends with my girfriend's uncle a couple months ago. i though that was pretty weird. this is weirder.

she sent my gf a facebook email. all it said was "i'm new to all this, hope it works." :lol:

i think it's sweet. maybe i'm just weird.

or maybe I just wish my parents were still alive to do shit to "fuck up my social life" .
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    My parents use Facebook and I refuse. They are always pestering me about it. They are 65 years old!! They think I don't know how to use a computer.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

WORLD'S ARE COLLIDING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gb7s3D ... re=related
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    Lets all chip in and buy momma jeagler a ten club membership!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • My mother-in-law told me the other day that she wants to learn how to use it because all of her neices are on it now. So I suppose it's just a matter of time til I get that request... :lol:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I am my daughters friend on facebook. She is 15. I told her she only could use facebook if she let me monitor it. We have had no problems yet.

That's understandable though. Many of my friends with tween/teenage kids have the same agreement. At least they can monitor and keep them safe.

BUT back the original.......no way.....my sil sent one to me and I rejected it too, when asked why, I told her that facebook was the one place I could get away from my family and bitch about them if needs be!!LOL Thankfully she understands my warped sense of humour and left it at that! :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    :lol::lol::lol: ignore the request..

You can only play that off for so long, especially with your own mom.

Jump ship maybe? Write off Facebook at least until your madre loses interest.....or faith in making it work? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mickeyrat wrote:

Shit, I'll pay for the whole thing! :lol:8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I am my daughters friend on facebook. She is 15. I told her she only could use facebook if she let me monitor it. We have had no problems yet.

im glad im not ur kid, id understand that for a 12 yr old but 15? give her some privacy
    also all these parents getting facebook is kinda strange
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    mickeyrat wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • If you do add her you can always customise your privacy settings so that she can't see everything on your page. If you get tagged a lot or have certain albums you don't want her to see, you can exclude her from viewing them.
    the wolf wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Hilarious.

i think it's sweet. maybe i'm just weird.

or maybe I just wish my parents were still alive to do shit to "fuck up my social life" .

oh relax. its just kinda funny.
    www.myspace.com
    If you do add her you can always customise your privacy settings so that she can't see everything on your page. If you get tagged a lot or have certain albums you don't want her to see, you can exclude her from viewing them.

that is some good advice. i've never bothered to look into the privacy settings actually.
    www.myspace.com
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I am facebook friends with my father :oops: ... and my grandfather (he's 80+) :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

Don't trust your own daughter bro?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Yep agree!...People are in the PAST for a 'Reason' :)