10 Club Staff vs. 10 Club Model

124»

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Jeanwah wrote:
    If you pull the trigger and go to New Orleans...

It is your decision....

YOUR decision that YOU made....Even though you know damned well there will be more dates announced....

They will announce shows, give you 24-48 hours to make your decision, and then sell the tickets.....
    Then a month or so later.....They will announce more shows, and again give you 24-48 hours to make your decision.....

It has been that way for a few years now....You know it....I know it....We all know it...

Right or wrong....It is just the way it is.....

It has not been this way for a few years now Speedy. Only in the last year, has news been piddling out here and there. If you remember, the East Coast tour, summer of '08, all came out at once. That's right, all of the cities were mentioned at once. It can easily be done AGAIN.
    Jeanwah...

I am not here to argue with you, and believe it or not I wasnt here to argue with you last night.....

But If I remember correctly in 06 was the beginning, of the tour announcements, that were "surprise announcements" where we were given 24-48 hours, at best, to make decisions on shows that were less than 2 months away. So when I say that it has been that way for years, that is what I am basing that statement on. Since 06, it has only gotten worse in my eyes, meaning, 09 was a debacle. Except for the small 08 tour which as you pointed out, where all the dates were announced at once. Except for the 2nd Boston show and New York show, which were announced 2 weeks later.
    Believe it or not, we are on the same page when it comes to tour announcements. I wish we could go back to having the entire tour being announced at once, but I just dont see it happening. I could be wrong, but I dont see it happening.

So if we are to believe that 09 is a full blown tour, promoting the release of "Backspacer", there is nothing telling me that they will announce all the shows at once. If I am to go by past experience, shows or "leg 1" would be announced. You will have 24-48 hours to make a decision. Then weeks later a "2nd leg" would be announced. Again you will have 24-48 hours to make a decision on tickets. But again who knows? If we go by 09? Then we might get shows announced a week at a time.

Wait a fucking minute....

Who the fuck wrote this???

It sure as fuck wasn't the Speedy I know...

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

;) ..
    Every once in a while, I like to throw a curveball.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    The Champ wrote:

;) ..

Like I've said on here a few times before, Speedy is one of my favorite posters because you never know if you'll get a Fuck Cincy or a well thought out post.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Solat13 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

;) ..

Like I've said on here a few times before, Speedy is one of my favorite posters because you never know if you'll get a Fuck Cincy or a well thought out post.

Kind of like the juice-head cheating motherfuckers of baseball he loves so much....depends on the cycle they are on ;) ......don't know why Speedy is engaging in this battle as he should know better at this point of his posting career...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Kind of like the juice-head cheating motherfuckers of baseball he loves so much....depends on the cycle they are on ;) ......don't know why Speedy is engaging in this battle as he should know better at this point of his posting career...
    Why am I engaging in this battle? Last night, somebody here told me I was "drinking the 10-club's kool-aid" when it comes to tour announcements.....

Obviously this person hasn't followed my rants in the last 5 years, when it comes to tour announcements, and ticket sales. I just want to make myself clear on where I stand. Because someone telling me I was "drinking the kool-aid" could EASILY be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    RING RING

BG - "Hello"

EV - 'what did we talk about?'

BG "uh, you get to make the tour announcements when you are ready?"

EV - 'and?'

BG - "follow the rules or no more Crazy Mary solo?"

EV - 'Then we understand each other this time?'

BG - "yes sir"

CLICK
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Wilds wrote:
    RING RING

BG - "Hello"

EV - 'and?'

BG - "yes sir"

CLICK

Love it,

I'm not sure eddie would be so stern though, remember Boom provides him with surf opportunity....
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Wilds wrote:
    RING RING

BG - "Hello"

EV - 'and?'

BG - "yes sir"

CLICK

toooo funny! :lol::lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    Bird889 wrote:
    I get a kick out of all these threads and posts. Business plan?? People...its only rock n roll that we are talking about here. I guess I am older than most who post here but I remember concerts that were to start at 8 and the band does not show up til 1130..just because they can. So I guess my expectations are lower than a lot of you. I really enjoy being a member of the 10C and getting to meet some of you at my favorite band's shows. I've never met any of the 10C staff, but I am convinced they are really cool people...otherwise they would have told us to F off a long time ago.

Peace

I'm with you, I used to sleep on the sidewalk outside the New Haven Coliseum, in the days before wristbands and then some scumbag scalper would pay homeless dudes to wait in line and even though you were #20 in line, you couldn't get in the first 10 rows cuz someone had an in at the box office. I'll admit I get frustrated at times with the announcements, but I'll take whatever 10C tix I can get everytime! I mean,it's only $20 after all.Some bands charge much more and don't offer nearly as much.(musically and otherwise.)
    you really used to sleep on the sidewalk?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    pdalowsky wrote:
    actually is used to be quite popular and a lot of fun-and you could actually get good seats
    used to do it at the hartford civic center all the time-especially for the Grateful dead
    Get_Right wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    actually is used to be quite popular and a lot of fun-and you could actually get good seats
    used to do it at the hartford civic center all the time-especially for the Grateful dead

thats actually awesome....really,

cant imagine the sleep being too good though so being a bit knackered for the show....still you cant win all ways
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

thats actually awesome....really,

cant imagine the sleep being too good though so being a bit knackered for the show....still you cant win all ways

it was months before the show, you would simply line up outside the box office and wait all night for the onsale

think lawn chairs, sleeping bags and alcohol
    security would give out numbered wristbands (most of the time), youd grab a coffee and put your stuff back in the car, and then be let in for the onsale

and you are right, the sleep was awful-but cherished memories, thats for sure
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Yeah i did the same thing get to the venue early evening or morning and wait till ticket office opened for the same band GD :lol:8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yeah i did the same thing get to the venue early evening or morning and wait till ticket office opened for the same band GD :lol:8-)
    hey man

sleeping out for GD shows was always fun
    except for those damn drums! :lol::lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Get_Right wrote:
    hey man

sleeping out for GD shows was always fun
    except for those damn drums! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Yeah those fuckers showed up at every ticket sale even at those we used to trip out damn good times but that brings me to the point I'm so happy we don't have to do that for this band :) there was allways someone selling ACID ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    :lol::lol: Yeah those fuckers showed up at every ticket sale even at those we used to trip out damn good times but that brings me to the point I'm so happy we don't have to do that for this band :) there was allways someone selling ACID ...
    YUP :!:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Get_Right wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

ahhhh...the good ol' days of the Dead

Wonderful memories! :)

But I love it here as well, AND it's not nearly as cold or hard on the back...heheheheeee

All the complaining about 10C....pshhhhhttttt...I'm happy to be on here to chat with y'all and when some news comes down we'll get it...and that's how I do it.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pdalowsky wrote:

oh god do i feel old now :( ;)

u2's joshua tree tour is going on sale and i've been put in charge of getting tix...4 days before the on sale, i break my knee...but no one else can do it so i get up at like 4am and head over to music+ to wait in line...i get there and there is already about 100 people (it was illegal to sleep out so i didn't think that many people would be there :oops )

so 3 shows initially went on sale...now everyone had formed a reasonable line but when the employees got to the store, everyone rushed the doors...being on crutches, rushing wasn't all that easy...well the 3 shows sold out fast and i hadn't even gotten close to the doors...they added a fourth show and i was about 5th in line when that show sold out...i waited around for a while hoping they'd add another show...when it looked like they wouldn't i headed home...pulling into my driveway, it was announced that they may add 1 more show...i floored it back to ticketmaster, was fourth in line and got killer sidestage (adam's side) tickets :mrgreen:

i did hang out for tickets to the stone's steel wheels tour and got the wristband bullshit...had great position in line but the 'random' wristband put us in the upper reaches of the la coliseum :roll: :(
  • norm wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

oh god do i feel old now :( ;)

yeah...it's like when i tell my daughter how i used to listen to records when i was a kid. :lol:
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts about the bands practice of announcing shows one or two at a time or worse. This practice goes all the way back to 1993. That year the US West Coast Tour went from October thru December (Santa Cruz – Seattle). I remember getting tickets for San Francisco in October. Than in November tickets went on sale for a December show in Reno. Same tour leg. All shows listed on the tour poster.
    Also, if you remember in 2005 the Gorge show and maybe another was announced after the Canadian Tour went of sale. And if I remember correctly the NE US shows that year were also announced after the Canadian Tour was in progress. So this practice has been part of the plan for quite a while. I guess 1998, 2000, 2003 were the surf and turf years.
    The current economic conditions (no jobs, bad jobs, pay cuts, job uncertainty) dictate a need to plan wisely. Fans included. Everyone needs to eat (you know bread crumbs/regurgitated worms). All I ask for is empathy and better communication. Some times communication hurts or it’s less then satisfying, but good friends have good communication. Maybe not all the time, but I’m sure if you had a friend in need you would be there for them. The simple fact is I need Pearl Jam live and I think they still need me too.

My membership expires this month, just renewed, bought some stickers at the same time.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• pdalowsky wrote:

I remember camping out for Metallica tickets in the middle of winter. And I live in Winnipeg. :shock:

Just bring lots of warm clothes, lots of booze, and lots of hot coffee to pour your booze into. It was a huge party. Yeah, we brought sleeping bags, but there was very little sleep to be had.

The good ol' days.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014