10 Club Staff vs. 10 Club Model

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Crikey Speedy, were in full agreement!!!!

I had to decide whether to book ireland this yr or wait for an Italy announcement. I went with Ireland. Quite happy I did to be fair, I get two indoor arena shows against what is looking like a huge outdoor udine show. But still that wasn't clear at first. But i knew I'd be happy either way. So if you book new Orleans that's because you want to go and you'll enjoy it. If you get a date nearer home it doesn't matter, you'll enjoy new Orleans still and maybe see another show? But my committing to new Orleans and buying tickets you are obviously happy to take the trip. So it's a win win right?

As for this years euro dates, I think 10club/band have listened. They showed their hand right at the start. Here's the full tour dates we will play on tour. Some venues to be confirmed but here's our itinary - so although the tour wasn't fully planned, they opened up the dates - rather than giving Irish dates with the rest to follow and leaving us all in a frenzy. They did the best with what they have. Sure it wasn't enough as usual as info leaked elsewhere but as always rumours are rumours, and therefore it's best to wait for solid news.

Much of the suggested us tour date mess has been borne out of rumours, even before boom said what he did. Rumours upon rumours and now there is expectation on here to get dates. Sure they maybe coming, who knows. But when it's sorted an announcement will follow. Simple. The internet way of information passing is clearly not always a positive thing
    Sawyer wrote:
    Look I met Santos at the Vic......we were standing in a line in Chicago's August heat for eight hours. The guy was working his tail off
    hardest working guy there. There is a colossal difference between a good person and a good system. 10 Club staff are good people, but their business model is flawed. I know the X Mas single is an inside joke to most of us now----but if you were new to this scene this would raise some flags I would think. I am a teacher. If I told my principal my grades were not ready for report cards, I would face consequences. The only adjective I can think of is a bit disorganized
    again, not the people, the system. If I pull the trigger on this NO trip to Jazzfest, and then 10 dates are released for exclusive PJ shows at indoor venues, I will feel misled. That's not fair to people's wallets in these times. So to sum it up I hope in the near future, "It makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

Sawyer

If you pull the trigger and go to New Orleans...

It is your decision....

YOUR decision that YOU made....Even though you know damned well there will be more dates announced....

They will announce shows, give you 24-48 hours to make your decision, and then sell the tickets.....
    Then a month or so later.....They will announce more shows, and again give you 24-48 hours to make your decision.....

It has been that way for a few years now....You know it....I know it....We all know it...

Right or wrong....It is just the way it is.....
    :clap::clap::clap::clap: paul

no like seriously ...erm really..,, honestly Kev, this is still a hobby...

I know you believe me :oops: :lol:
  • Paul.im not sure about that..couse what happen if they do as they did with 06 tour?the put zagreb and athens after they announce tour..anyway..they make a euro announce..i deside to go all tour..if now they announce more ill be unhappy of cant go but was my desition.especially if they announce Athens after Lisbon,,ill be working and cant go in my country...i want to see the band..really,,i dont care where and when..if i can take vacation and have the money i go,,10c is a company ,and not the band...the band ,the managers deside how they move..10c is only the speaker,,,so i cant blame 10c of the way they work,,im sure they want all be perfect for the fans but this is impossible..and really i think has to do of how u think about life generally the way u react in all this..if u bitching about everything in life , u will do it in the forum too..if u are positive,,say ok ill do it next time..
    in the end im thinking this,,ill be tour for 20 days hanging with all this great old and new friends ...its just fuckin great!!!!!announce more,the keep us waiting,where is tweet, why that prices,why only 2 tix,why this ,why that..is for me a big SHIT...infront of the feeling u get back when u are in the arena and Eddie comes to the scene and make us a wave with his head,stone start to play,lights out...etc..
    UNIQUE....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    DeLukin wrote:
    I think we should keep in mind that we have NO IDEA what kind of constraints/demands/rules/etc that the 10c operates under. I'm sure it's not entirely up to them what information gets passed to us, so maybe we shouldn't assume anything about the job they're doing...

quote!!!... couldn't be said any better.....

going back to drinking my Modelo..... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
    Paul.im not sure about that..couse what happen if they do as they did with 06 tour?the put zagreb and athens after they announce tour..anyway..they make a euro announce..i deside to go all tour..if now they announce more ill be unhappy of cant go but was my desition.especially if they announce Athens after Lisbon,,ill be working and cant go in my country...i want to see the band..really,,i dont care where and when..if i can take vacation and have the money i go,,10c is a company ,and not the band...the band ,the managers deside how they move..10c is only the speaker,,,so i cant blame 10c of the way they work,,im sure they want all be perfect for the fans but this is impossible..and really i think has to do of how u think about life generally the way u react in all this..if u bitching about everything in life , u will do it in the forum too..if u are positive,,say ok ill do it next time..
    in the end im thinking this,,ill be tour for 20 days hanging with all this great old and new friends ...its just fuckin great!!!!!announce more,the keep us waiting,where is tweet, why that prices,why only 2 tix,why this ,why that..is for me a big SHIT...infront of the feeling u get back when u are in the arena and Eddie comes to the scene and make us a wave with his head,stone start to play,lights out...etc..
    UNIQUE....

My point being is it doesnt matter D, you have already decided to make a holiday out of the tour, seeing the band over 10 times.....you have decided to spend the cash, your gonna have a great time....

if they now release more dates, it doesnt change the fact you'll see a shit load of shows on the cash you were willing to spend and happy to lay out to enjoy yourself.

More dates gives you more chance to see them if work permits and I;m sure if something happened in greece you'd make it....
    pdalowsky wrote:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap: paul

no like seriously ...erm really..,, honestly Kev, this is still a hobby...

I know you believe me :oops: :lol:

billy_liar_flier.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Paul.im not sure about that..couse what happen if they do as they did with 06 tour?the put zagreb and athens after they announce tour..anyway..they make a euro announce..i deside to go all tour..if now they announce more ill be unhappy of cant go but was my desition.especially if they announce Athens after Lisbon,,ill be working and cant go in my country...i want to see the band..really,,i dont care where and when..if i can take vacation and have the money i go,,10c is a company ,and not the band...the band ,the managers deside how they move..10c is only the speaker,,,so i cant blame 10c of the way they work,,im sure they want all be perfect for the fans but this is impossible..and really i think has to do of how u think about life generally the way u react in all this..if u bitching about everything in life , u will do it in the forum too..if u are positive,,say ok ill do it next time..
    UNIQUE....

My point being is it doesnt matter D, you have already decided to make a holiday out of the tour, seeing the band over 10 times.....you have decided to spend the cash, your gonna have a great time....

if they now release more dates, it doesnt change the fact you'll see a shit load of shows on the cash you were willing to spend and happy to lay out to enjoy yourself.

More dates gives you more chance to see them if work permits and I;m sure if something happened in greece you'd make it....
    i know Paul,we are on the same page,,i just say your name couse they did it in 06,my post was about the thread in generally ..if now they announce 5 more gigs and not festivals ill be unhappy ,really..but was my choise + 10c and 10c workers there are not the ones to blame..they not deside any of the tour..just work in the company..so all this give us dates,,after a few more datres isnt kat-sea-rudysdad-santos fault
    as for Greek one.is crazy couse i live 400 kilometres from Athens..i finish work late,,so no time to arrive..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pdalowsky wrote:
    UNIQUE....

i know Paul,we are on the same page,,i just say your name couse they did it in 06,my post was about the thread in generally ..if now they announce 5 more gigs and not festivals ill be unhappy ,really..but was my choise + 10c and 10c workers there are not the ones to blame..they not deside any of the tour..just work in the company..so all this give us dates,,after a few more datres isnt kat-sea-rudysdad-santos fault
    as for Greek one.is crazy couse i live 400 kilometres from Athens..i finish work late,,so no time to arrive..

I see what you are saying, but what would you be unhappy about?

You would have seen PJ 10+ times - had a blast? and even if you had known about the extra dates you wouldnt have seen them all anyway.....ok you might have been able to pick an choose more, but really it doesnt make much difference......you'll have the best two weeks ever :D

But yeah we're on the same page here.....
  • pdalowsky wrote:

You would have seen PJ 10+ times - had a blast? and even if you had known about the extra dates you wouldnt have seen them all anyway.....ok you might have been able to pick an choose more, but really it doesnt make much difference......you'll have the best two weeks ever :D

only for the reason,i could choose countries to visit and see solo gigs not festivals..
    but ok,,im ok they are in Europe. i m gonna see my frends,,all great!!! :D
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    pdalowsky wrote:

only for the reason,i could choose countries to visit and see solo gigs not festivals..
    but ok,,im ok they are in Europe. i m gonna see my frends,,all great!!! :D

WOOHOOO! Gonna see my friends!!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    Jeanwah wrote:
    But they make a profit. Therefore they should follow the same guidelines.

This is what we expect when we join 10C:
    MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world.
    Access to Ten Club members-only merchandise like limited edition silk-screened posters from Pearl Jam tours.
    A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else.
    Pearl Jam's full-color printed DEEP Magazine mailed to you
    Full access to the Pearl Jam Online Community
    Members-only contests and giveaways

10C does do their best with the tickets, it's well worth the $20, and the chance to win the lottery is awesome.
    The poster thing, OK.
    A 'holiday' single. Well, which holiday is it for 10C??? If it's for Cinco de Mayo, just tell us. We somehow think you mean Christmas, yet you don't live up to this promise, according to your Benefits.
    DEEP comes once a year, yes.
    Full access to online community, which used to be FREE.
    And I already wrote about the supposed contests...that aren't always followed through on. Why aren't you doing your part of the bargain here? Giveaways? WHERE?

Now how about some answers???
    that they happen to make a profit does not mean that they NEED to follow the rules of economics
    and you just answered your own question-the benefits do not specify anything about informing people of events that are not happening, or keeping us clued into their brainstorming sessions
    and like norm mentioned, the 10C is subject to the whims of the band and its manager

its far from perfect, but the idiosyncrasies fall away when I am seeing the band from my 10c seats
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I get a kick out of all these threads and posts. Business plan?? People...its only rock n roll that we are talking about here. I guess I am older than most who post here but I remember concerts that were to start at 8 and the band does not show up til 1130..just because they can. So I guess my expectations are lower than a lot of you. I really enjoy being a member of the 10C and getting to meet some of you at my favorite band's shows. I've never met any of the 10C staff, but I am convinced they are really cool people...otherwise they would have told us to F off a long time ago.

Peace
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    I truly believe that the mods sit here and just laugh at us bickering about all the nonsense but really this band is the only one that doesn't announce tours the normal way, it all has to be so fucking undercover dribs & drabs knowing we are all junkies " Can i have some more sir please can i have some more " .....

Just a quick "tour news to come in the next few weeks" would be sufficient :roll: :roll: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • McJuicy wrote:
    at the risk of sounding, well, RATIONAL, you people are acting like spoiled farking brats. get over yourselves and enjoy the music and benefits we get for our measly $25 (international membership).

some people's children. :roll:

again, this has nothing to do with 10c membership or annual dues, the fact is that the system is flawed, and we as "customers" have the right to express dissatisfaction, which, depending on the amount of value the organization places on its customers, should impact the way in which it operates

I would have to respectfully disagree. This fan club was set up as a gift for the fans, with the membership fee being a nominal amount just to cover expenses of the club itself. People around here have turned it from being a privledge to being a right. Not so in my opinion.

They could stop giving ten club presales altogether, and be free of the hassle, now, couldn't they? I'm sure the 10C isn't making the band any profit; just the opposite is my guess.

When they do announce dates, I can't for the "where's the tour dates?" threads to stop, only to be replaced by the "my 10C seats sucked!" threads. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    McJuicy wrote:
    at the risk of sounding, well, RATIONAL, you people are acting like spoiled farking brats. get over yourselves and enjoy the music and benefits we get for our measly $25 (international membership).

some people's children. :roll:

again, this has nothing to do with 10c membership or annual dues, the fact is that the system is flawed, and we as "customers" have the right to express dissatisfaction, which, depending on the amount of value the organization places on its customers, should impact the way in which it operates

I would have to respectfully disagree. This fan club was set up as a gift for the fans, with the membership fee being a nominal amount just to cover expenses of the club itself. People around here have turned it from being a privledge to being a right. Not so in my opinion.

They could stop giving ten club presales altogether, and be free of the hassle, now, couldn't they? I'm sure the 10C isn't making the band any profit; just the opposite is my guess.

When they do announce dates, I can't for the "where's the tour dates?" threads to stop, only to be replaced by the "my 10C seats sucked!" threads. :roll:
    Gifts are free. When my birthday comes around, if someone "gives" me a gift, and tells me I must pay for it, in my eyes, that is no longer a gift. For impeccable service and ACTUAL COMMUNICATION, if they had to raise the cost of annual membership to, say, $50, I would be more than okay with that, but whether it's just to cover your costs, or whether it's to profit (which I'd say it likely is, based on the amount of 10C-exclusive merchandise that is sold), if you charge someone money for a service, they absolutely have the right to complain about those services if they're inadequate.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs wrote:
    Gifts are free. When my birthday comes around, if someone "gives" me a gift, and tells me I must pay for it, in my eyes, that is no longer a gift. For impeccable service and ACTUAL COMMUNICATION, if they had to raise the cost of annual membership to, say, $50, I would be more than okay with that, but whether it's just to cover your costs, or whether it's to profit (which I'd say it likely is, based on the amount of 10C-exclusive merchandise that is sold), if you charge someone money for a service, they absolutely have the right to complain about those services if they're inadequate.

fine, "gift" was the wrong word. my point is that they could be charging us a helluva lot more than they do for what we get. but that's just my opinion.

fair enough. but then why do people insist on complaining on a message board? is anything going to change from that? no, people in the know have to be contacted directly. eveyrthing on here is just considered whining and bitching as far as I'm concerned. If someone has a clean, respectful question about why certain things are done certain ways, DIRECTLY POSED TO SOMEONE, then maybe they'd get answered. starting threads that say "shit on by 10C" won't get anything accomplished. This one wasn't bad, but it just ends up turning into a bitching session.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • A lot of people complain that the 10c does nothing and/or poorly communicates. We can speculate and debate forever on what they do everyday, what their responsibilities are to us fans, and what level of knowledge they have and can release about tour info, releases, merchandise, etc. but the bottom line is that we don't know. I personally have faith that they do all they can, but that's just my opinion among many other fans who may see things differently.

This is in no way directed at this thread or anyone specifically, but I'm sure if they didn't have to babysit some of the completely disrespectful things written on this forum then maybe they would have more time to give everyone what they truly want out of their memberships.

Just like any job that relates to customer service, you are often criticized more often about what you do wrong rather than praised about what you do right. I can say that from experience. That said, I appreciate the 10c for what they do and what I personally get out of this. I have met some incredible people through this community who have flat out made me a better person. That alone is worth my $20/year.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851

you forgot the "10C server sucks" threads in between
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    benjs wrote:
    Give it a rest guys. You aren't going to change the way things are run no matter how much dissent.
    The best (and most likely only) way to change things, actually, is to speak up about it. It's pretty apparent that the band and management could give two craps less about their fans, and merely care about their finances. You guys REALLY want to change things though? Talk with your wallets - withdraw from the Ten Club if you don't like this. The promise I made to myself is that if I'm feeling as bitter about this poor management at the end of 2010 as I am now, I'll be out of here. Raising prices of everything, and lowering the quality of the services the fan club provides, has ensured much less customer satisfaction in a customer satisfaction business than there ought to be.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The band doesn't care about their fans? I don't think you can get a more tone deaf statement than that one.
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Give it a rest guys. You aren't going to change the way things are run no matter how much dissent.
    The best (and most likely only) way to change things, actually, is to speak up about it. It's pretty apparent that the band and management could give two craps less about their fans, and merely care about their finances. You guys REALLY want to change things though? Talk with your wallets - withdraw from the Ten Club if you don't like this. The promise I made to myself is that if I'm feeling as bitter about this poor management at the end of 2010 as I am now, I'll be out of here. Raising prices of everything, and lowering the quality of the services the fan club provides, has ensured much less customer satisfaction in a customer satisfaction business than there ought to be.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The band doesn't care about their fans? I don't think you can get a more tone deaf statement than that one.

no kidding. how ridiculous.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Hunter S Thompson
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    They should terminate the membership of all you clowns who bitch about everything
  • They should terminate the membership of all you clowns who bitch about everything

then they'd only have kiss asses left like you...what fun would that be? :lol:
  • Someone is not from the states I guess, is that you Chaves?? :thumbdown: :wtf:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    They should terminate the membership of all you clowns who bitch about everything

Well... it'd make their jobs a bit easier. All that ignoring and thread locking they have to do on a daily basis at this point...
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    benjs wrote:

Well... it'd make their jobs a bit easier. All that ignoring and thread locking they have to do on a daily basis at this point...
    They'd be positively bored with their jobs!
  • They should terminate the membership of all you clowns who bitch about everything

you are constantly calling people ass kissers on here. People kiss ass to get something in return. what would someone's possible motivation be for kissing the ass of the mods? do the ass kissers get the xmas single at xmas? do they get the tour dates emailed to them all at once? do they get the absolute best seats in the house from all 10C presales?

I'm guessing no on all counts.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    If you pull the trigger and go to New Orleans...

It is your decision....

YOUR decision that YOU made....Even though you know damned well there will be more dates announced....

They will announce shows, give you 24-48 hours to make your decision, and then sell the tickets.....
    Then a month or so later.....They will announce more shows, and again give you 24-48 hours to make your decision.....

It has been that way for a few years now....You know it....I know it....We all know it...

Right or wrong....It is just the way it is.....

It has not been this way for a few years now Speedy. Only in the last year, has news been piddling out here and there. If you remember, the East Coast tour, summer of '08, all came out at once. That's right, all of the cities were mentioned at once. It can easily be done AGAIN.
    Jeanwah...

I am not here to argue with you, and believe it or not I wasnt here to argue with you last night.....

But If I remember correctly in 06 was the beginning, of the tour announcements, that were "surprise announcements" where we were given 24-48 hours, at best, to make decisions on shows that were less than 2 months away. So when I say that it has been that way for years, that is what I am basing that statement on. Since 06, it has only gotten worse in my eyes, meaning, 09 was a debacle. Except for the small 08 tour which as you pointed out, where all the dates were announced at once. Except for the 2nd Boston show and New York show, which were announced 2 weeks later.
    Believe it or not, we are on the same page when it comes to tour announcements. I wish we could go back to having the entire tour being announced at once, but I just dont see it happening. I could be wrong, but I dont see it happening.

So if we are to believe that 09 is a full blown tour, promoting the release of "Backspacer", there is nothing telling me that they will announce all the shows at once. If I am to go by past experience, shows or "leg 1" would be announced. You will have 24-48 hours to make a decision. Then weeks later a "2nd leg" would be announced. Again you will have 24-48 hours to make a decision on tickets. But again who knows? If we go by 09? Then we might get shows announced a week at a time.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....