THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    pjhawks wrote:
    DeSean has the yips on the passes over the middle. has he made any tough catches since the nasty hit last year?

that being said not sure how anyone is surprised at today's outcome. i mean did you really expect to shut down tom brady with this defense? this defense is horrible. as bad as the linebackers are not sure they safeties are just as bad. nate allen was on dope or something today.

oh and bellicheck is still a lying scumbag cheating sob. f him.

i think reid was on "the dope" when he promoted the offensive line coach to coordinate the defense. :crazy:

yea hard to argue with that statement. i'll never understand that hire.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    god bless jim washburn :lol: :
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dnea ... cebook.com

There was no official word on what sparked the trouble, but speculation held that Washburn was not pleased with the Birds’ pass-heavy approach during the three-touchdown spree the Patriots went on during a nine minute and 18 second span of the first half. Washburn supposedly would have liked to have given his troops some time to recover and adjust, but the Eagles kept misfiring offensively, running the defense back on the field.
    www.myspace.com
    judging by all these "Heart" promos the eagles have been running this year, it would appear the marketing department has more of it than the team does.

hey.
    oh.
    www.myspace.com
  • judging by all these "Heart" promos the eagles have been running this year, it would appear the marketing department has more of it than the team does.

They would only need any amount of heart greater than zero.

Anyone notice at least two occasions when VY slid or ran out of bands instead of diving for a first down on 3rd down plays? Just a terrible team, top to bottom.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Was this always a make or break year for Reid, or is it just because of how horribly it has gone?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Was this always a make or break year for Reid, or is it just because of how horribly it has gone?

i think more so it is because of how horribly it has gone....and that is largely due to the moves he made with the coaching staff (castillo has been an unmitigated disaster), switching to a d line scheme that is predicated on quality linebackers---then neglecting to obtain quality linebackers; and, of course, the continuing puzzling play calling/lack of adjustments game in, game out that we've been used to for years.

the eagles loaded up to make a run this year. it's turned out to be the most disappointing season i can ever remember.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just think that he's proven he can't be trusted with important decisions like, you know, choosing a defensive coordinator. Also his play calling is horrendous year after year after year.

Let's pretend he was hired in 2005. Here's what you'd have:
    2005: 6-10
    2006: 10-6, one playoff win
    2007: 8-8
    2008: 9-6-1, 2 playoff wins (and one colossal choke job)
    2009: 11-5, ended with 2 straight blowout losses in Dallas
    2010: 10-6, first round playoff loss
    2011: 4-7

It sure feels like something that's heading in the wrong direction, especially for a "Super Bowl or Bust" team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just think that he's proven he can't be trusted with important decisions like, you know, choosing a defensive coordinator. Also his play calling is horrendous year after year after year.

It sure feels like something that's heading in the wrong direction, especially for a "Super Bowl or Bust" team.

that's 7 seasons of mediocre football if you're scoring at home. most people point to all those championship game appearances but they were sooooo long ago at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • That was a fun game to watch last night. :D
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • that's 7 seasons of mediocre football if you're scoring at home. most people point to all those championship game appearances but they were sooooo long ago at this point.

Ancient history. I think Reid did an amazing job in those first 6 years. But he has clearly fallen behind the curve since then. Time for someone fresh.

Oh, did you see Celek bitching about the fans chanting? If you don't want to hear it, your team should fucking play better asshole.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

i think more so it is because of how horribly it has gone....and that is largely due to the moves he made with the coaching staff (castillo has been an unmitigated disaster), switching to a d line scheme that is predicated on quality linebackers---then neglecting to obtain quality linebackers; and, of course, the continuing puzzling play calling/lack of adjustments game in, game out that we've been used to for years.

the eagles loaded up to make a run this year. it's turned out to be the most disappointing season i can ever remember.

Makes sense. It has been a disaster and from the outside I certainly don't get the Castillo move. I can't see him surviving this. Was just curious if there was any talk about it being a make or break year before the season. Then again, people had them winning the super bowl, so I guess this wasn't really expected.
    that's 7 seasons of mediocre football if you're scoring at home. most people point to all those championship game appearances but they were sooooo long ago at this point.

Ancient history. I think Reid did an amazing job in those first 6 years. But he has clearly fallen behind the curve since then. Time for someone fresh.

Oh, did you see Celek bitching about the fans chanting? If you don't want to hear it, your team should fucking play better asshole.

those first 6 years were great. still, i'd be remiss if i didn't point out those teams were lead by the jim johnson's defense which was made up of ray rhodes' players.

one of the main reasons it took them so long to get over the hump was that it took 6 years to bring in a receiver who was any good. remember that panthers championship game when pinkston, thrash and mitchell (want to vomit just mentioning all 3 of those turds) couldn't get off the line of scrimmage? :x the division was garbage during those years too.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that breakdown doesn't paint a very good picture. Didn't realize that.
  • :roll: 10 carries for a top 3rb
    Go Birds!!!!
    :roll: 10 carries for a top 3rb

he was the top ranked back going into the day :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Did they talk to that angry dude yesterday at the bar? I get a kick out of old guys getting that worked up about sports.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Did they talk to that angry dude yesterday at the bar? I get a kick out of old guys getting that worked up about sports.

unfortunately, yes.

it's amazing he doesn't realize the only reason he's on that show every week is because he's such a douche.

i mean the dude rock's a pencil behind his ear.
    www.myspace.com
  • :roll: 10 carries for a top 3rb

I meant he's probably the 3rd best rb in football and only gets 10 carries.
    Go Birds!!!!
    :roll: 10 carries for a top 3rb

I meant he's probably the 3rd best rb in football and only gets 10 carries.

..that is music to pjhawks' ears

:lol:
    www.myspace.com

you guys should so go cheer for the Broncos and Tim Tebow since you love the run so much. and Jackson's yips on the passes is making people conveniently forget McCoy's 2 awful drops yesterday as well. hey but i'm sure on the 1st 2 drives you guys didn't cheer for the long passes that connected because you wanted to run the ball right?

and kind of ironic to hear about washburn complaining about the Eagles offense not running the ball when there was an article in the Sunday Inquirer about him where he basically says that running the ball in the NFL isn't really important anymore. what a dick. morhingweg should have told him to shut the f up and worry about his defense getting torched by tom brady.
    pjhawks wrote:

you guys should so go cheer for the Broncos and Tim Tebow since you love the run so much. and Jackson's yips on the passes is making people conveniently forget McCoy's 2 awful drops yesterday as well. hey but i'm sure on the 1st 2 drives you guys didn't cheer for the long passes that connected because you wanted to run the ball right?

and kind of ironic to hear about washburn complaining about the Eagles offense not running the ball when there was an article in the Sunday Inquirer about him where he basically says that running the ball in the NFL isn't really important anymore. what a dick. morhingweg should have told him to shut the f up and worry about his defense getting torched by tom brady.

right on cue

yeah man, i loved the deep balls early. plays like those are generally meant to keep the defense honest which opens up the running game (leading nfl rusher, backup qb completing 50% of his passes, starting reciever out). and it did as shady averaged about 5 yards per carry in the first half....on a whopping 6 carries.

way to be andy/marty :thumbup: :clap: :roll: oh boy oh boy--- talk about falling asleep at the wheel. what a joke.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    i noticed we are 1-5 at home this year and 3-2 on the road. Also somehow we are still 3-1 in our division :think:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pjhawks wrote:

right on cue

yeah man, i loved the deep balls early. plays like those are generally meant to keep the defense honest which opens up the running game (leading nfl rusher, backup qb completing 50% of his passes, starting reciever out). and it did as shady averaged about 5 yards per carry in the first half....on a whopping 6 carries.

way to be andy/marty :thumbup: :clap: :roll: oh boy oh boy--- talk about falling asleep at the wheel. what a joke.

league's leading rusher and a 4-7 record. how's that running the ball with the league's top rusher working out for us? love to hear this answer....
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

right on cue

league's leading rusher and a 4-7 record. how's that running the ball with the league's top rusher working out for us? love to hear this answer....

way to fail to understand anything that has happened to this team this year... :?

vince young, who according to you "blows", dropped back to throw 54 times yesterday. 83% passes for vince young yesterday including 80% in the first half of a game they led by 10 points and were only down 2 scores at halftime. vince young. yes, that's vince young.

can you justify that for me?
    www.myspace.com
    way to fail to understand anything that has happened to this team this year... :?

vince young, who according to you "blows", dropped back to throw 54 times yesterday. 83% passes for vince young yesterday including 80% in the first half of a game they led by 10 points and were only down 2 scores at halftime. vince young. yes, that's vince young.

of course you're asking the wrong guy this Juggler. you know my feelings that passing the ball is almost always the better option offensively. and the pats had a wide receiver playing in the defensive backfield at times....so yea passing was a better option even with vince young. do you really think the eagles could have scored enough points to beat the patriots running the ball a high majority of the time? anyone who has watched this defense this year knows the patriots were putting up at least 24-28 points on this team without breaking a sweat. eagles weren't scoring 28-30 running the ball a majority of the time.
    pjhawks wrote:

of course you're asking the wrong guy this Juggler. you know my feelings that passing the ball is almost always the better option offensively. and the pats had a wide receiver playing in the defensive backfield at times....so yea passing was a better option even with vince young. do you really think the eagles could have scored enough points to beat the patriots running the ball a high majority of the time? anyone who has watched this defense this year knows the patriots were putting up at least 24-28 points on this team without breaking a sweat. eagles weren't scoring 28-30 running the ball a majority of the time.

do you know what an adjustment is?

and, if so, under what circumstances would you make one?
    www.myspace.com
    also, if you're afraid of a high scoring offense, you should want to, you know, try to keep them off the field. and you don't do that by misfiring 50% of the time on 54 pass attempts with your backup quarterback. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    also, if you're afraid of a high scoring offense, you should want to, you know, try to keep them off the field. and you don't do that by misfiring 50% of the time on 54 pass attempts with your backup quarterback. :lol:

conveniently you didn't answer the question if you thought we could score 28 or more points running the ball a high majority of the time.
    edited November 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

conveniently you didn't answer the question if you thought we could score 28 or more points running the ball a high majority of the time.

sorry. it seemed like the question was rhetorical but i forgot who i was conversing with.

running the ball a lot more than they did would have increased the odds of the patriots scoring less than 28 points because their offense would not have been on the field as much as they were.

we're lucky they didn't put up 50 on us the way that game went. last thing a team with a backup qb who is playing poorly wants to do is get into a shootout with the patriots. :lol:

mccoy is the eagles best player and they barely used him.

and i guess i will just assume that you don't know what an adjustment is.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks wrote:

When did u become the fixer? U sound just like him in the Phillies thread,i.e.(Howard/WAR) Your as off base here as he is there.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.