The Official 24 Thread

1235»

Comments

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    jervin007 wrote:
    I was not a fan of the finale, or this last season. Sure there were cool moments, but I really believe they shouldn't have dragged the show out for so long. I absolutely hated the president the past two seasons. She was one of the worst casting decisions the show made.

Don't get me wrong, 24 is a fantastic show. I just think the previous plot lines were so much better. It was time to end it.

It pains me to say it, but I completely agree. This was a case of a show that went on for a couple seasons too long. It was still entertaining the past couple seasons, but it became way too predictable. With the format of the show, it's kind of hard to keep up these "shocking" plot twists after 8 seasons.

President Taylor was AWFUL the past 2 seasons. Could it have been any more obvious that she was going to come clean and not sign the peace agreement? Oh well.

Here's to hoping Jack Bauer lives on in movies for years to come!!

Cherry Jones(President Taylor) did win an Emmy last year for her role.
    I thought she was great.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825

It pains me to say it, but I completely agree. This was a case of a show that went on for a couple seasons too long. It was still entertaining the past couple seasons, but it became way too predictable. With the format of the show, it's kind of hard to keep up these "shocking" plot twists after 8 seasons.

President Taylor was AWFUL the past 2 seasons. Could it have been any more obvious that she was going to come clean and not sign the peace agreement? Oh well.

Here's to hoping Jack Bauer lives on in movies for years to come!!

Cherry Jones(President Taylor) did win an Emmy last year for her role.
    I thought she was great.

She won an Emmy?? That's surprising. I more disliked the character than the acting.
  • I liked President Taylor...she really was in a moral dilemma.

You don't see Oval Office plot lines like these many places.

mackenzie-allen.jpg
    Do you think President Mackenzie Allen could have threatened the new Iranian President with a military strike unless she signed the Peace Treaty??
    UPDATE: "2012, watch it go to fire!"

1996-Ft. Laud/1998-WP Bch/2000-Tpa/2003-Tpa/2004-Kiss/2008-WP Bch/2008-Tampa/2010 Jazz Fest/9/11/11 & 9/12/11 Toronto,/ 9/12/11 Film Fest w/Eddie

9/22 Midtown Fest and Eddie solo 12/3 & 12/4
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I just watched the finale on DVR, and I have to say...
    I thought it was great. Clearly they set it up for "future 24/movies/etc" and I think it's great. Even if they decide not to do a movie, I think it was a perfect ending.
    Jack: After all that, he's able to more or less go free. Him telling Chloe of all people that she meant so much to him was a great touch.
    Pres Logan: Too bad he didn't finish the deed (very accurate- people who put a gun under their chin very often fail their intent (too much time with ER staff). They guy who plays Logan did him perfectly!
    Pres. Taylor: I loved her character transition/development. I thought she did a hell of a job!

Those two hours were more exciting than any movie I've seen in a while. If they can replicate that on the big screen, they will do some good work!

Can't wait!