Binaural LP for the RED CROSS (haiti)

arqarq Posts: 8,012
edited January 2010 in The Porch
“Help people affected by disasters like the earthquake in Haiti, by donating to the American Red Cross International Disaster Response Fund. On those rare occasions when donations exceed Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.”

Thanks for all your kindness!

EDIT:
I'll ask the mods to close this thread next friday

The magic list:
Snoopy Died For Our Sins
norm
Surrounding Bullshit
dave grolsch
pdalowky
dimitrispearljam
5against1-
myownblacksundown
Ok
OceanStone
Plankton
dottles
veddertown
chime
adschnei
Oona left
pjtradeking
myownblacksundown
LostRebel
demetrios
Elusive One
PJ Fan est. 1990 :clap:
Lone Wolf
Claireack
Lizard
Brisk.
pdalowsky
Johnny abruzzo
dpmay
walkunafraid
pjguyfreak
billybuff
down_ski
OGT92
PhillyPhan819
Gremmie03
Travels With
toolie
Johnny sitar
joe2486
Given to...
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PM sent

GREAT CAUSE!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    in! :mrgreen:
  • please count me in,excellent idea!
  • Count me in on this...
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • I'm in. PM sent.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • toolietoolie Posts: 391
    Ya I'm in too! Fantastic idea!!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Great idea Arq, put me in

if I win I will auction it again

I wouldn't limit it to 40 though, you could get loads here

put me down for $500 for the iPod too ;)
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ...I wouldn't limit it to 40 though, you could get loads here...

Let's see how it goes, and i may change it, but i think it would upset the participants :?:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• u didnt have to ask..im in :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    arq wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ...I wouldn't limit it to 40 though, you could get loads here...

Let's see how it goes, and i may change it, but i think it would upset the participants :?:

it's a great cause Jose, get the most you can my friend
  • Glad you receive your Soldier Field LP. Please count me in.
  • I confess i offered to buy more than one, but I misunderstood the OP, I thought you could buy more than one 'ticket'...if the limit is gonna be one per person, I'm in regardless......
  • Sent you a pm buddy!
    2009 - Shephards Bush, Manchester, London
    2010 - Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 - Manchester 1+2, Berlin 1+2, Stockholm, Oslo
    2014 - Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    I confess i offered to buy more than one, but I misunderstood the OP, I thought you could buy more than one 'ticket'...if the limit is gonna be one per person, I'm in regardless......

Well my friend now you can "buy" more than one!

I really appreciate all the help!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

BUMP 8-)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• the money for more than one ticket sent..lol..
    once again,u are great man..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I am really confused here. I would like to participate in the raffle but how does it work and how much does each ticket cost?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Great idea Arq - I imagine you will be able to raise a good chunk of change, which is fantastic - count me in! PM sent.
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    I am really confused here. I would like to participate in the raffle but how does it work and how much does each ticket cost?
    5$ each,buy as much u want ,pay arq paypal acount,money goes to red cross and one of us after the raffle wins the lp..
  • Count me in :D
    pm sent
  • Money sent...........thanks again Arq!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    edited January 2010
    outskirts of New Orleans, Louisiana are still in shambles... why not donate to them instead? Sorry but I'm sick of saving everyone else before we save our own. Flame away. :roll:

Not to mention the area is bound to get nailed again and there should be proactive efforts to fund future disasters there. Here's the best I could do to back up my point: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/200 ... ds_us.html

Sorry Haiti.
    Post edited by starmap3333 on
  • outskirts of New Orleans, Louisiana are still in shambles... why not donate to them instead? Sorry but I'm sick of saving everyone else before we save our own. Flame away. :roll:
    this is obama job
    outskirts of Louisiana are still in shambles... why not donate to them instead? Sorry but I'm sick of saving everyone else before we save our own. Flame away. :roll:

There's so many worthy causes, i understand your pain, and i think too that we should help first our own, but this is an emergency, if you start a raffle for outskirts of Louisiana i'll be the first to donate!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

outskirts of New Orleans, Louisiana are still in shambles... why not donate to them instead? Sorry but I'm sick of saving everyone else before we save our own. Flame away. :roll:
    this is obama job

No, it's not Obama's job. It's this COUNTRY'S job.
    arq wrote:
    outskirts of Louisiana are still in shambles... why not donate to them instead? Sorry but I'm sick of saving everyone else before we save our own. Flame away. :roll:

There's so many worthy causes, i understand your pain, and i think too that we should help first our own, but this is an emergency, if you start a raffle for outskirts of Louisiana i'll be the first to donate!

I live in NY man... but I'm just trying to make a point. This country supports every other countries problems and this country is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. I'm not saying not to have fundraisers to help others, I'm saying they should be secondary to supporting the problems of the US first.
  • let's just stay on topic, you can start a new thread supporting domestic victims whenever you'd like to....
    Fair enough Snoopy. :mrgreen:
    edited January 2010
    I live in NY man... but I'm just trying to make a point. This country supports every other countries problems and this country is the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Bro i'm not even from America or from Haiti, and if somebody knows from the generosity of this your country is me, i'm a political asylee here, my debt with your country is eternal, but please let's not make this thread into an infinite back and forward.

and i repeat:
    arq wrote:
    if you start a raffle for outskirts of Louisiana i'll be the first to donate!

And with me a lot of people! believe me there's enough kindness here for that and a lot of other worthy causes!
    Post edited by arq on
    Neil deGrasse Tyson