The 2010 Seattle Mariners tank another season!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    metsfan wrote:

How long until Seattle just straight up releases him?

until he rides around the clubhouse on a bike and pulls a bunt attempt away on a suicide squeeze

haha...good point. WTF is with Eric Byrnes anyways?? Weird dude.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Milton says he needs help now.
    Tough to live on 11,000,000.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

This guy has got to be one of the biggest jagoffs in all of sports. 8 teams in 10 years doesnt happen for no reason. The worst part is that he hasnt been producitve the past 2 seasons. It would be one thing if he were a crazy fuck and actually produced, but he hasn't.

He is baseball's version of TO and should be released immediately. The Mariners are a very respectable franchise and don't need this guy weighing them down.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I got to witness Milton first hand on Saturday not run about 10 yards to a standard Pop out to Left Field. I guess he figured Gutierrez should just run across the whole outfield to try to catch it. :evil:
    NERDS!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

until he rides around the clubhouse on a bike and pulls a bunt attempt away on a suicide squeeze

haha...good point. WTF is with Eric Byrnes anyways?? Weird dude.

Lol

I questioned the move the from the start. I figured the M'S already had enough bench players.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    On the Milton subject:

At least this time around he isn't trying to blame the team, the other players, the management, the fans, or the media. He has finally asked for help to fix himself. And the M's are handling this perfectly. They put him on the restricted list which means essentially that he is away from MLB right now, not getting paid, and cannot be with the ball club at anytime. He can work out at Safeco Field, but not when the team is there. He is not a part of any MLB team right now. But, if and when he does come back to MLB, he has to come back to the team the put him on the restricted list, The M's. I guess unless we forgo our rights to him. But the big thing is we have separated him from the team until he gets his shit together and we are NOT paying him at this time.

Other than that subject, it is a pretty sad state of affairs for the team as a whole. We cannot score runs t save our lives and our ace pitchers are getting beat up pretty good. Sad state of affairs.
    The Mariners have dismissed hitting coach Alan Cockrell and promoted Triple-A hitting coach Alonzo Powell: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

Let's see if Alonzo Powell can light a fire under our hitters.

Go M's!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    Candy Bars......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    I'm just glad Franklin Guttierez is hitting for my first place Fantasy Baseball Team in my money league..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Almond Joy's got nuts.....
    Mounds dont....
    :lol::lol::lol:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    hehehehehehe.............
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I *hate* to be the guy that said "I told you so" ... but ... well ... you know it was, well ... Jan 7th, page one of this thread ....... and I said ... well ....

jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Is Junior on his way out :?:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    aNiMaL wrote:

yes.....he's been hanging on for the past 3 or 4 seasons
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

yes.....he's been hanging on for the past 3 or 4 seasons
    He needs to just gracefully retire. It's what's best for him and for the team.
    I think he'll be OK, he just needed a little shut-eye ;)
    NERDS!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Two players also told LaRue that Griffey wasn't available for a pinch-hit opportunity last week because he was asleep in the Mariners clubhouse.

And you want to be my role model
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    And who can blame him really. I mean come on; have you watched an M's game lately, they have put me to sleep on more than a couple of occasions. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    Two players also told LaRue that Griffey wasn't available for a pinch-hit opportunity last week because he was asleep in the Mariners clubhouse.

And you want to be my role model

That's funny shit. :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    And who can blame him really. I mean come on; have you watched an M's game lately, they have put me to sleep on more than a couple of occasions. :lol:
    I went to that Saturday day game against the Rangers and watched Milton stand there all game. Luckily I just went to the "power alley" :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i can't believe this is even a big deal. you can thank espn the tmz of sports for making a big deal bout this. let the man sleep if he want's to. probably woulda grounded out anyways.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

nobodys gonna lay a finger....On my Butterfinger.........
    metsfan wrote:
    i can't believe this is even a big deal. you can thank espn the tmz of sports for making a big deal bout this. let the man sleep if he want's to. probably woulda grounded out anyways.

well it's not quite like armando benitez giving rey sanchez a haircut while the Mets were losing, but it is news.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    A few things I think are awesome...

Cliff Lee refusing to conduct his post-game interview after getting his first win of the season until Larry LaRue from the News Tribune (who wrote the piece about Jr snoozing) left the room. Awesome. (actually do think that is awesome!)

Mike Sweeney threating to fight the players who said that Jr was snoozing in a private, players-only meeting. Awesome. (Also like this one)

Mike Sweeney coming to the conclusion that the blog about Jr snoozing was made-up by the reporter, because he challenged the unknown players to stand up and fight him (in said private, players-only meeting) and no one stood up. Awesome. (This one makes no sense to me in the reasoning department)

And finally, I think it's awesome that in recent light of two supposed unnamed players telling a reporter that Jr was snoozing, that there is still a rat on the team who babbled to a reporter about the details of this players-only meeting. Just awesome! (This one really makes me sad)

Go Mariners :?
    aNiMaL wrote:
    A few things I think are awesome...

Cliff Lee refusing to conduct his post-game interview after getting his first win of the season until Larry LaRue from the News Tribune (who wrote the piece about Jr snoozing) left the room. Awesome. (actually do think that is awesome!)

Mike Sweeney threating to fight the players who said that Jr was snoozing in a private, players-only meeting. Awesome. (Also like this one)

Mike Sweeney coming to the conclusion that the blog about Jr snoozing was made-up by the reporter, because he challenged the unknown players to stand up and fight him (in said private, players-only meeting) and no one stood up. Awesome. (This one makes no sense to me in the reasoning department)

And finally, I think it's awesome that in recent light of two supposed unnamed players telling a reporter that Jr was snoozing, that there is still a rat on the team who babbled to a reporter about the details of this players-only meeting. Just awesome! (This one really makes me sad)

Go Mariners :?
    Buying SPEEDY 20 candy bars isnt awesome????
    Having to buy Speedy TWENTY candy bars will be the most awesomest thing ever. :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Having to buy Speedy TWENTY candy bars will be the most awesomest thing ever. :mrgreen:
    Ok 6 weeks into the season......

Isnt Milton Bradley a wonderful human being?????

Seriously, did you ever expect him to be as much as a degenerate as he is?????

In 12 weeks in Seattle...

He got thrown out of a spring training game????
    He gave the Seattle fans the finger????
    He left during a game????
    If you're scoring at home, Milton Bradley is an Ex-Expo, Ex-Indian, Ex-Dodger, Ex-Athletic, Ex-Padre, Ex-Ranger, Ex-Cub and eventually an Ex-Mariner. He has been traded for the following players: Franklin Gutierrez, Andre Ethier and Carlos Silva.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Alright, how about the M's taking game one away from the red hot Rays!!!

Go M's!!!