The 2010 Seattle Mariners tank another season!!

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Heard Cliff Lee got suspended for the first 5 games of the season cuz he threw at someone during pre season.
    That's a bunch of shit! I hope he wins his appeal. It's fucking spring training and by all accounts, he missed the guys head by 3 feet!!!

Oh well, let this be a leason to other hitters; Cliff Lee will throw at your head!! Be afraid!!! :lol:

Go M's!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    81 wrote:
    what's the over/under on teh frist Bradley incident?

For those that bet on "before opening day" ... please bring your winning bet slips to the cashier's window.

Bradley ejected

(Note, I know, I feel this is a really quick trigger from the ump ... but, I still feel, this is going to end badly when they are on the lookout for minor crap like this.)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    what's the over/under on teh frist Bradley incident?

For those that bet on "before opening day" ... please bring your winning bet slips to the cashier's window.

Bradley ejected

(Note, I know, I feel this is a really quick trigger from the ump ... but, I still feel, this is going to end badly when they are on the lookout for minor crap like this.)
    I disagree, there was no "Bradley incident." I saw nothing that caused this. And there were no temper tantrums from MB. Players get ejected all the time.
    I agree, it wasn't an incident ... I stated as much.

But, my other point still stands ... if the umps are out to get him, he's not going to be as patient as he was dring this ST ejection. Mt. Bradley will explode.

I'd actually prefer the umps show a little more restraint next time ... I think overall, all over MLB, they are becoming a little too full of themselves.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    For all you MB watchers/haters: Milton ejected ...AGAIN

Oh and...

Lee has abdominal pain to go with his suspension (possible 15-day DL to start season): article
    This is the Bradley quote that gets me ...

"I mean, I'm not changing," Bradley said Monday amid questions about his ability to keep his head in check. "I've gotten this far being me, it's been 31 years, and nothing changes about me, ever."

tick tick tick tick tick ...

jimed14 wrote:

"I mean, I'm not changing," Bradley said Monday amid questions about his ability to keep his head in check. "I've gotten this far being me, it's been 31 years, and nothing changes about me, ever."

I'm speechless....

But, still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He can have passion - he can want to win - he cannot disrupt the vibe of our clubhouse, mainly because I am pretty sure he would just be cut from the team as soon as he rears his ugly disruptive head.

I just so want him to keep his shit together this year - mainly because I want a competitive club - but also because i will owe Speedy a bunch of candy bars. :oops:
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    aNiMaL wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm speechless....

But, still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He can have passion - he can want to win - he cannot disrupt the vibe of our clubhouse, mainly because I am pretty sure he would just be cut from the team as soon as he rears his ugly disruptive head.

I just so want him to keep his shit together this year - mainly because I want a competitive club - but also because i will owe Speedy a bunch of candy bars. :oops:

Good Luck...I think you need it.
    That guy really should be a wide receiver in the NFL.
    Ryan Garko out on waivers, Mike Sweeney makes the Mariner's 25-man roster!!! :mrgreen:

Go M's!!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    Go Milton Bradley???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Go Milton Bradley???
    Snickers, Almond Joys, Hershey Bars....just some of my favorites!! :mrgreen:

Mike Sweeney AND Ken Griffey Jr in the same clubhouse as MB....your chances of him being a distraction just got a little slimmer.

Go M's!!! :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Go Milton Bradley???

Mike Sweeney AND Ken Griffey Jr in the same clubhouse as MB....your chances of him being a distraction just got a little slimmer.

You have NO IDEA what you are in for, my friend......

You could have Lou Gerhig, Willie Mays, and Jesus Christ in that clubhouse.....And Milton Bradley would still act like a piece of shit....
    Cliff Lee has pain-free throwing session!! link.

That is AWESOME news!! Here is to a speedy recovery, Cliff!!

Go M's!!
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Go Milton Bradley???

You have NO IDEA what you are in for, my friend......

You could have Lou Gerhig, Willie Mays, and Jesus Christ in that clubhouse.....And Milton Bradley would still act like a piece of shit....

This made me laugh a lot.
    Awesome Mike Sweeney story: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/ar ... p&c_id=sea

I am thrilled he is back for the 2010 Mariners season!!

Go Mariners!! :mrgreen:
    See ya Ryan Garko! He was claimed off of waivers today by our rivals, the Texas Rangers: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/mariners ... -mr-garko/
    Cliff Lee offically starts the season on the 15-day DL, to be expected. His hearing to appeal his 5-game suspension is set for April 14th - hopefully MLB scraps the whole thing. It's pretty stupid.

Mike Sweeney signed his one-year major league contracts this morning, also as expected. Welcome back officially, Mike!

Milton Bradley left the game against the Rockies with tightness in his right quadriceps. Haven't heard anything more - hopefully that is good news and he is fine. Reports say they pulled him only as a precautionary.

Bedard is coming along with his rehab nicely. Look forward to getting him back to join King Felix, Cliff Lee, RRS, and Ian Snell/Doug Fister in the rotation.

I am ready for tomorrow!! Opening day is tomorrow!!! let's go Mariners, Let's GO!!!

Go M's!!!
    Almost time to .....

PLAY BALL!!!

Go M's!!!
  • wow everyone must be partying still :lol::lol:

1-0

woot woot M's win the Season opener....2 hits, 4 RBIs for Kotchman

Bullpen looked a little shaky but they held tough. That homeplate Ump's strikezone was....interesting.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    wow everyone must be partying still :lol::lol:

1-0

Bullpen looked a little shaky but they held tough. That homeplate Ump's strikezone was....interesting.
    Yeah, great game last night! Welcome to Seattle, Kotchman!!! How badass was he. And Figgins, damn that guy has got some wheels!!! Welcome to the new Mariners!!

Terrible officiating last night though. We are dam lucky we won that game as it seemed as though the umpos were not on our side. How about that hit to center field that was ruled a catch and an out, but after replaying it on TV, it was CLEAR AS DAY that the out fielder caught it off a hop. And then the inconsistency with balls and strikes behind the plate. I hope it's a new crew officiating tonight.

Go M's!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    aNiMaL wrote:
    wow everyone must be partying still :lol::lol:

1-0

Yeah, great game last night! Welcome to Seattle, Kotchman!!! How badass was he. And Figgins, damn that guy has got some wheels!!! Welcome to the new Mariners!!

Terrible officiating last night though. We are dam lucky we won that game as it seemed as though the umpos were not on our side. How about that hit to center field that was ruled a catch and an out, but after replaying it on TV, it was CLEAR AS DAY that the out fielder caught it off a hop. And then the inconsistency with balls and strikes behind the plate. I hope it's a new crew officiating tonight.

Go M's!!!

same umps just on different bases
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Driving up to Seattle from eastern Oregon next Tuesday. Gonna catch the Mariner's 2nd home game that night. And on Wednesday night will be at the Showbox for the return of BRAD!!! Go M's!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    and Bradley breaks his bat in game 1.

i'm going to take game 2 as his first ejections game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Driving up to Seattle from eastern Oregon next Tuesday. Gonna catch the Mariner's 2nd home game that night. And on Wednesday night will be at the Showbox for the return of BRAD!!! Go M's!!!
    That's awesome! I only have one game so far and it's not until the end of Aug. I need a few more games earlier in the season.
    Are the Mariners really getting manhandled by DALLAS BRADEN tonight?

oy.

Milton Bradley??

0-8 with 4 K's?????

And away he goes!!!!!!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Driving up to Seattle from eastern Oregon next Tuesday. Gonna catch the Mariner's 2nd home game that night. And on Wednesday night will be at the Showbox for the return of BRAD!!! Go M's!!!
    That's awesome! I only have one game so far and it's not until the end of Aug. I need a few more games earlier in the season.

Got tix last night for the July 11th game against the evil Yankees. Gonna try to go to a game or two a month. But coming from Oregon might be to expensive! Also might catch the Sounders game after the Yankee game that night.
    For the Milton fans here: Milton Bradley flips off Rangers fans on Friday. :oops:

At least we won our 2nd game today tying the series up with the Rangers.

Go M's!!
    aNiMaL wrote:
    For the Milton fans here: Milton Bradley flips off Rangers fans on Friday. :oops:

At least we won our 2nd game today tying the series up with the Rangers.

Go M's!!

I wonder what Milton would be doing right now if he never became a baseball player.
    Such a nice fellow.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Thanks for dropping two in Texas this weekend. Would have been three if Frankie Francisco didn't have a brain freeze.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13