The 2010 Seattle Mariners tank another season!!

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Seattle locks up Felix for 5 years and $80 mil. Nice work.
    Fucking awesome! Another stellar move by Jack Z!!! :mrgreen:

And I truly think if there is anyone in baseball that can handle, and defuse any Milton conflicts, it will be Junior. There is no way Ken Griffey, Jr. will put up with that crap at all. Ken will keep the upper hand and keep Milton laughing.

I cannot wait for Spring training and the regular season to start.

Go M's!!!
    David Aardsma also signed today:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/m ... illio.html
    David Aardsma signs $2.75 million deal with Mariners
    The Mariners and veteran outfielder Eric Byrnes reached agreement on a one-year contract on Friday, giving Seattle the right-handed hitter it has been seeking.

And, The Big Unit will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at the 2010 Safeco Field Opener!!

Go M's!!! :mrgreen:
  • Im pulling for the Mariners this season as I just came back from Seattle for the first time and met all the nice and wonderful Mariners fans. Love the ballpark, love the Pyramid brewhouse across the street. Love it. Let's go M's in 2010 (But to lose to the Sox in the playoffs, of course. Let's not get crazy here.)
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Im pulling for the Mariners this season as I just came back from Seattle for the first time and met all the nice and wonderful Mariners fans. Love the ballpark, love the Pyramid brewhouse across the street. Love it. Let's go M's in 2010 (But to lose to the Sox in the playoffs, of course. Let's not get crazy here.)
    Nice to have your support. Were you just here? Did you go to the M's Fanfest over this last weekend?

Go M's!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Im pulling for the Mariners this season as I just came back from Seattle for the first time and met all the nice and wonderful Mariners fans. Love the ballpark, love the Pyramid brewhouse across the street. Love it. Let's go M's in 2010 (But to lose to the Sox in the playoffs, of course. Let's not get crazy here.)
    Nice to have your support. Were you just here? Did you go to the M's Fanfest over this last weekend?

Go M's!!
    Nope, just in town to see the sights and see family. I love that the road between Safeco and Qwest is called Edgar Martinez Blvd. :lol::lol::lol: That kills me. But seriously, great ballpark. Clean.

Our place is 100 years old and has seats facing in all directions.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I am so stoked for spring training to begin - and then the start of the 2010 MLB season!!!

I cannot wait to be at The Safe (or even at Cheney Stadium for some triple A Tacoma Rainiers action) with an ice cold beer and a hot dog on an 80 degree afternoon.

Go M's!!!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,185
    Apparently they picked up Erik Bedard on a 1 year deal for (reportedly) $1.5 million and a mutual option for 2011. Won't be back until June, at the earliest (labrum surgery, I believe). Your thoughts?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    pjl44 wrote:
    Apparently they picked up Erik Bedard on a 1 year deal for (reportedly) $1.5 million and a mutual option for 2011. Won't be back until June, at the earliest (labrum surgery, I believe). Your thoughts?

Hey, what was the $1.5 going to be used for otherwise? might as well grab a guy that can round out the rotation at this point. Hell of an offseason for the Mariners. Los Angeles Angeles of whatever the fuck should be embarrassed.

Yanks-M's in the ALCS/ALDS will be a lot of fun, some more revenge for '95 will be a blast.
    aNiMaL wrote:

Go M's!!
    Nope, just in town to see the sights and see family. I love that the road between Safeco and Qwest is called Edgar Martinez Blvd. :lol::lol::lol: That kills me. But seriously, great ballpark. Clean.

Our place is 100 years old and has seats facing in all directions.

Your place is going to be as tall as the empire state building by the time Henry is done with it, but hey, at least its still fenway and you are a small market team.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Your place is going to be as tall as the empire state building by the time Henry is done with it, but hey, at least its still fenway and you are a small market team.
    Im not taking your bait Cliffy, it's Saturday and I'm in a good mood. :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Im not taking your bait Cliffy, it's Saturday and I'm in a good mood. :lol:

Haha, all good, its getting close to baseball season and I am getting aggressive, plus I have been drinking all day since I have been stuck in my apartment with the snow.
    pjl44 wrote:
    I think this is a real low risk, possible high yield gain for the M's. Another good move by The Z-Man!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg

Well worth the effort! :clap:

I particularly like the lady in pink, shielding her baby and wearing a horrified look on her face. :lol:

But I'm not here to hate. Anyone but the fucking Angels!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    M's sign Mike Sweeney to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training. The nicest guy in baseball gets another shot at contributing for the Mariners, or possibly another team if we don't place him on our roster.

Sweeney, along with Jr were important last season and it would be great to have him back in the clubhouse.
  • Lets see....

Im gonna say Milton Bradley shows up to spring training....

1-3 days late....
    10-20 lbs overweight......

Then he will injure himself within the first 2 weeks of spring training.......
    And be out for a month......

Lets see what happens........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Lets see....

Im gonna say Milton Bradley shows up to spring training....

1-3 days late....
    10-20 lbs overweight......

Then he will injure himself within the first 2 weeks of spring training.......
    And be out for a month......

Lets see what happens........
    I'm glad we're locking all of these Speedy predictions on the board so we can bring them back up throughout the season as Bradley proves you and all the other MB haters wrong!

The way I see it, he'll either contribute to the overall success of the team, or he'll start to cause a distraction and he'll be cut, and we'll move on without him.

But, I am hopeful and optimistic that he will enjoy playing here and for our organization and will have a career year.

Only time will tell.

Besides, who gives a rats ass what Speedy thinks. :mrgreen:

Go M's!!!
  • I'd like to thank my girlfriend's uncle's girlfriend for accidentally renewing their Season ticket's for her boss who never goes to the games.

10th row behind the dugout all year long. :thumbup: :clap:
    NERDS!
    I'd like to thank my girlfriend's uncle's girlfriend for accidentally renewing their Season ticket's for her boss who never goes to the games.

10th row behind the dugout all year long. :thumbup: :clap:
    Sweet, SoS!! If you ever need someone a little more local to The Safe to use the tickets, just give me a shout out! :mrgreen:

Oh, and by the way, PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TOMORROW!!!!!!

Go M's!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    display_image_GYI0057145428.jpg

Cubs-ship-Milton-Bradley-to-Seattle.jpg

and how could we forget his reaction to the two out toss the ball into the stand pose

bradley3.jpg

however, i hear he is a great teammate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    That's alright, 81. I know you and Speedy are bitter Cubbie fans and we're drunk-with-optimism Mariners fans.

It sure will be a fun ride when and if he proves all the haters wrong and has a career year in Seattle in the fashion and level he produced in Texas.

Only time will tell. i am not really worried either because like I said, he'll either contribute to the overall success of the team, or he'll act up, get cut, and we'll move on without him.

Go M's!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That's alright, 81. I know you and Speedy are bitter Cubbie fans and we're drunk-with-optimism Mariners fans.

It sure will be a fun ride when and if he proves all the haters wrong and has a career year in Seattle in the fashion and level he produced in Texas.

Only time will tell. i am not really worried either because like I said, he'll either contribute to the overall success of the team, or he'll act up, get cut, and we'll move on without him.

Go M's!!

please don't confuse me for a Cubs fan just because i live in Chicagoland. I wouldn't mind see the cubs lose 162 games a year. :lol:

People here were all gung ho when Bradley came to town, just like Seattle seems to be now. Bradley was a joke here. I suppose that in a pressure free place like Seattle he might do well. Wrigley was too much for his brain to process.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Go M's!!

please don't confuse me for a Cubs fan just because i live in Chicagoland. I wouldn't mind see the cubs lose 162 games a year. :lol:

People here were all gung ho when Bradley came to town, just like Seattle seems to be now. Bradley was a joke here. I suppose that in a pressure free place like Seattle he might do well. Wrigley was too much for his brain to process.
    Yeah, the nice thing about him coming here is we're not expecting him singlehandedly to turn our club around. He just needs to come in, buy into the team philosophy, and contribute like the talent he is.

Plus we have someone you guys didn't; one of the only two players Bradley has even wanted an autograph from - Junior. Griffey did such a fantastic job last year (along with Sweeney) at healing and bringing together an incredibly fractured clubhouse from the '08 campaign, that I am sure he has already got some pranks and jokes in mind to either bring Milton in on, or a little directed at him designed to keep him, and everyone in the clubhouse loose and ready to play hard.

Go M's!!!
  • I wasnt aware that there was actually something to look forward to in Seattle regaurding baseball...
    I wasnt aware that there was actually something to look forward to in Seattle regaurding baseball...
    Clearly, you've been sleeping this offseason. After having the most improved club in all the majors from the '08 year to the '09 year, this offseason has just built on that. The M's are back this year and will be searious contenders to win the AL West. Just get us into the playoffs, and with our stellar pitching and fantastic defense, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

We are here now to put the rest of the league on notice, we're back.

Go M's!!!
  • Mariners???

78-83 wins....

No playoffs............
    94 to 98 wins....

AL West Champions...

First WS appearance....

2010 World Champions!!!!!!

Go Mariners!!! :mrgreen:
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    94 to 98 wins....

AL West Champions...

First WS appearance....

You guys were dead last in the American League last year in runs scored....right???

And you added Milton Bradley????

YIKES!!!
    aNiMaL wrote:
    94 to 98 wins....

AL West Champions...

First WS appearance....

You guys were dead last in the American League last year in runs scored....right???

And you added Milton Bradley????

YIKES!!!
    I cannot wait for your anger and venom during the year as Milton has a career year and is absolutely zero distraction on the M's club.

Our runs will come this year, but more importantly, it will be extremely difficult for any team to score against us. So it won't take many from us to get A LOT of wins this year. This is our year, Speedy. I have a feeling you are not nearly as confident in your club.